Chapter 8- Crystal Palace.
66 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izumi's high school course had already been completed, so there was not much for him to study from in his classes, but reviewing the material was still beneficial, and he would also be free to use the time after school however he pleased.

Due to the fact that there were already five main female leads in this classroom and that two of them were seated next to him, attending all of the classes was better and more effective in this way.

"Shiina-san, will you come and have lunch with me? It will be more fun this way."

Mahiru Shiina, one of the main characters in the anime, had a quiet personality, but due to the complications in her family, she was raised with a masked personality type and is now a hopeless case.

"Sure!" Mahiru observed Yamada Anna, a well-known actor whose long legs and slim build attracted the attention of many boys in the class.

In a short amount of time, however, Yamada Anna had managed to blend in with many of the class's girls.

That included her as well, because she thought the girl in front of her was not the kind from all those middle school classes and was actually outgoing and did not have a backstabbing personality.

"That's great!" Mahiru was dragged from his seat by Yamada and her friends, and Izumi watched them leave in silence. Mahiru then turned to look out the window and noticed Shikimori and Mai making their way toward the class.

"They have all already gotten along, but I am the only one who got left behind because the girls on my side are all attractive and there are a bunch of hooligans in the back."

When he saw a group of four students enter the room, including a yellow-haired brat who appeared to be a gangster, he was at a loss for words to explain his predicament.

Along with him, the other three moron enter the space with furious expressions. They were searching for a victim to play with when they discovered Izumi sitting by himself.

"Izumi! Why are you still sitting alone like that?" When they were about to walk toward Izumi, Shikimori came into the class at the same time, and as she looked at Izumi sitting alone without any lunch box or anything, she could not help but ask him.

"Shikimori-san, I was just not hungry, and as you can see, this time I was not able to make any friends either." Izumi laughed as he gawked helplessly, which made Shikimori and Mie smile as Shikimori gave him a sandwich.

"Even so, just eat something. It is not a good habit to skip lunch like that, alright." Izumi accepted the sandwich, thanked Shikimori, and inquired as to her availability because he had been wanting to treat her as well.

She then declined his offer and added that they could become friends and that he could treat him whenever he wanted in the future.

"Well, that would be awesome. After all, going a whole year without a friend in the class can be rather tiring." He added, to which Shikimori gave a nod and agreed with him.

She then opened her smartphone and showed an image of a restaurant that she wanted to go to today, so she could not accompany Izumi.

Even though the restaurant had an aged and antique appearance, it was one of the busiest establishments in the neighborhood. A reservation is required to enter the sweet shop, which is also quite busy.

"Oh! This one. I really wanted to go there too, but you see, it is always busy and hard to get a seat. Not to mention, it can be rather expensive too, so I never got the chance to go there." Izumi examined it more closely and realized that he had seen this name earlier that morning, but he could not place it.

'Crystal Palace.' Izumi murmured as he suddenly recalled that he had been given this shop's designation as having five affiliates across Kanto.

'This is my shop, right?' Izumi then took out the phone, dialed the number provided in the system, and made a connection on the other end while watching the two girls talk. He also noticed that Shikimori had reserved a seat, so he asked if he could add two more seats after seeing that.

"Yes, sir. We will be able to schedule it, and if necessary, we can ask everyone to delay their arrival and change their plans if there is not a major event going on at the same time."

Izumi simply asked him to reserve a table for them and politely requested that they not bother any other guests in their honor because the voice on the other end of the line sounded quite happy as he described the specifics.

"Shikimori-san, will you not allow us to go with you?" Izumi then turned to Shikimori. Shikimori was speaking with Mie and considering moving her reservation to another date when Izumi abruptly asked her if they could join her today.

"That's not possible, given that it was nearly packe..." Izumi coughed and continued, interrupting Shikimori as she turned to smile at her while wearing an explanation look.

"I am saying that for the reservation, I have a friend there, and I can book a table along with you without any problem. Plus, I have just called him and asked the same, so according to him, it is safe for us to come."

"Oh! Are you some kind of rich guy?" Shikimori could tell that Izumi was not lying and was very confident about it. It was also the reason she thought the man standing next to her might be one of those fictitiously wealthy second-generation owners of a wealthy family.

"Nope! I am from a middle-class family, and I think we are well endowed, but not as rich and powerful as you are imagining at the moment."

Izumi did not lie because he told the truth about his family's financial situation, despite the fact that his grandmother and grandfather's identities are a mystery to this day.

Instead, he had been leading a middle-class family life all this time without being aware of the cause of his bad luck.

"So, what do you think, can we join you too." Mie looked rather confused about the situation as Shikimori nodded, but she was not sure if Izumi and Shikimori would let her back out in this way after catching their eyes.

"I do not have money, and I..." Mie did not speak further.

"Don't worry! Izumi and I will pay the bill, so the next time we both will pay, then someday two of you can pay, and like this, would you like to go around tasting delicious food?"

Shikimori was undoubtedly not a foodie, but she had always wanted to go out and eat with friends in a setting like this. However, at their previous school, only the bad girls tended to hang out with him, and the boys tended to avoid her.

This time, she was anticipating having fun with them when she realized that both boys and girls had friends in this school.

"Sure!" Mie also end up agreeing with her.

"Then it is settled." Izumi also added inside it.

The classes were about to end, so Mie informed her parents that she would be leaving with her friends.

Izumi also assured Mie that he would send her home without incident because his parents had called him to come and stay at the apartment because they needed to talk about something. Despite the fact that he was unsure of the cause, he agreed with them and promised to return after getting together with his friends.

Izumi received teasing from his father at the other end of the phone call, who declared outright that the friends he was hanging out with were girls and referred to him as a woman killer or something.

Izumi's father's intuition toward the situation, given that his two friends were in fact girls in the same class, was what really alarmed him.

"Izumi!" When Izumi, Shikimori, and Mie left the classroom, Chihiro-nee sprinted toward their classroom and grabbed hold of Izumi.

Izumi was left speechless as he tried to explain that he was not available because the morning task was already too much to ask of him and he did not want to be dragged into it once more.

"Yuu! Please help me with Mashiro; I am truly in a problem and need someone to take care of her for me! But for other boys, I truly cannot believe in either of the senior Mitaka and junior Sorata."

Since Mashiro is a lecherous and depressing person, Mitaka and Sorata are truly a lost cause, and even Izumi refrained from harming Mashiro.

"Okay, let me call him again, we will have another chair added for Mashiro!" Izumi turned to look at Shikimori and Mie for it, as they both smiled and said nothing and just gave a nod at it.

"Just adding another would mean more fun, so don't mind. However, what will you do about the money given that I might not make it out of this tour financially?" Izumi smiled and shook his head in response to Shikimori's question as she observed him calmly.

She was told not to worry about money as he continued talking for a moment, and the deal was again settled.

"Let me treat you then." He grinned and explained that the second prize he received from the system was sufficient for him to declare himself a millionaire.

"I will pay it along! And there is no question in this." Shikimori insisted and Izumi did not bicker on this part, as he also agree that paying from the one sided can never be called as friendship and he also wanted to be friends with them.

 

5