Panels to decide one’s fate
49 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The panels that appeared around me were:

[Traits]

[Negative Traits]

[Dao path affinity]

[Spiritual core talent]

[Gender]

[Items]

[Race]

[Spawn]

With a calm mind he first checked the spawn panel, most people would be affected by the pressure and stress of this situation and end up making decisions without proper thought as they would be swayed by the temptations of power. Life has taught him that the name of the game is survival not power, although power is an amazing tool it's still merely just that. Tools no matter how useful are useless if you're dead.

The options presented for spawn were:

Random spawn: 0 points.

When my vision focused on it a discription popped up:

Random spawn: 0 points (the default option offered to the chosen, results in being born to a random member of the selected species in a random region.)

'This is definitely a trap, being reborn in a completely random place is a good recipe for an early enfantile death'

I looked at the other options

Spawn in a small sect: 20 points. (Spawns you to a member of a small sized culltivation sect.)

Spawn in a medium sect: 30 points (Spawns you to a member of a medium sized culltivation sect.)

Spawn in a large sect: 40 points (Spawns you to a member of a large sized culltivation sect.)

Spawn in a small clan: 20 points (Spawns you to a member of a small sized culltivation clan.)

Spawn in a medium clan: 30 points (Spawns you to a member of a medium sized culltivation clan.)

Spawn in a large clan: 40 points (Spawns you to a member of a large sized culltivation clan.)

Spawn in a village: 5 points (Spawns you to a member of a village.)

Spawn in a town: 10 points (Spawns you to a member of a town.)

Spawn in a city: 15 points (Spawns you to a member of a city.)

Briefly considering my options i decided to choose the medium sized clan, the descriptions mentioned cultivation although i didn't know much about stuff like that i did know that cultivation would allow me to strenghten my body which would make my survival easier.

I chose a clan instead of a sect because clans are usually comprised of people who share the same bloodline meaning that the likelihood of finding myself in a fatal conflict is lowered.

'To think that a veteran killer like me would be cautious when facing fatal conflicts, how amusing'

The reason for why i chose a medium sized clan instead of a large or small sized clan is because a small clan might not be able to protect me until i grow strong enough to protect myself while a large sized one might become an obstacle for me in the future.

I needed a strong enough tree that wouldn't be uprooted by just any random storm but not a tree so large that it plunges my entire view into darkness.

As for the towns, villages or cities there wasn't a guarantee that they would have cultivation.

4 minutes remained and i had 70 points left to spend.

The next thing i checked out was the Traits screen, i skimed through it and some of the more interesting traits were:

-Night vision: 10 points

-Vision expansion: 10 points

-Far sight: 10 points

-Regeneration: 40 points

-Eternal youth: 60 points

-Immortality: 200 points

-Aging resistence: 30 points

-Heightened spacial awareness: 15 points

-Herculean strength: 20 points

-Sturdy: 20 points

-Satiety: 10 points

-Second spiritual core: 40 points

-Parallel thought: 15 points

-Parallel mind: 30 points

There were a lot of great traits although many of them like the immortality and eternal youth skills had a very high likelihood of being pit falls, the ones that were most tempting for me were the Night vision, Heightened spacial awareness and Parallel thought traits since they all seemed exceedingly useful and didn't have an unreasonably high price, but even though they tempted me I did not purchase them just yet but instead looked through the other Panels.

He only had 3 minutes left so he could only skim through the surface stuff without going into an indepth analysis, first he wanted to make sure that he wasn't some monstrosity.

All the races in the races panel were of the humanoid type such as elves, dwarves, many types of beastmen and even vampires, giants and gnomes.

Picking any of these races was extremely risky as he didn't know what kind of fatal weaknesses they might have so he decided to just stick to being a human since it was the safest and free.

Up next was the Spiritual core talent panel, this one was the simplest as it was just a slider that could be moved from up to down that adjusted the purity of his spiritual energy pool, it was set to 20% by default and moving it up by 1% each time would cost 1 point while moving it down by each percentage would add 1 point to a person's balance.

Up next was the Dao path affinity which offered options like

-Fire path dao affinity: 20 points

-Water path dao affinity: 20 points

....

-Hair path dao affinity: 10 points

...

-Wisdom path dao affinity: 30 points

-Soul path dao affinity: 40 points

-Blood path dao affinity: 30 points

-Luck path dao affinity: 40 points

-Space path dao affinity: 30 points

-Time path dao affinity: 30 points

Apparently there was a dao affinity for pretty much everything one could think of.

Next up was the gender panel which offered 3 options: Male, Female and Random, all of them were free so he chose male because he was used to being one and because women were physically weaker, which although might be different in that other world it wasn't worth the grief.

The next panel was the items panel which offered many useful things like spirit stones, enchanted items and weapons, potions and even food.

Time was racing and there was only 1 minute and a half left until his reincarnation and he had 70 points to spend.

First he opened the traits panel and bought the Night vision trait for 10 points, The Heightened spacial awareness for 15 points and the Parallel thought trait for 15 points leaving him with 30 points which he conetemplated using to increase his Spiritual pool purity up to 50% but he decided to get the Space path dao affinity.

After buying everything he needed he had 20 seconds left which he used to calm his mind in preparation for what would come next. He could use these remaining 20 seconds to check out the Negative traits panel but he knew that that panel was a giant trap in it's entirety.

Just like taking a large loan from a bank that one knows subconciously they can't repay to buy expensive things, taking negative traits in order to buy more powerful traits, more talent or more items, although it will grant a person a temporary sense of satisfaction it will no doubt have huge ramifications that may push them down the cliff of despair in the future.

The timer indifferently ticked down to 0 and he disappeared from the darkness.

5