Back on earth
65 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: I decided to polish this chapter a bit more. look forwards to chapters of the same quality in the future, i also might go back and polish the other chapters)

After the mysterious voice spoke to humanity, the world was thrown into chaos. Initially, people instinctively denied the legitimacy of the voice's words. However, when they discovered that they could glimpse another world by closing their eyes, they had to accept that at least some of the voice's claims were true.

Debates about the origin and credibility of the voice spread across the internet worldwide. Some believed it to be God, while others claimed it was the devil or the work of some government or aliens. Scientists globally embarked on a mission to find what allowed humans to see into this other world, conducting exhaustive searches within the human body, examining every organ, vein, and muscle fiber, hoping to find any irregularity that might lead to answers.

Contrary to media predictions, there was no surge in suicide rates or riots. The authenticity of the footage showing the other world was uncertain, leaving people unsure if it was genuine or manipulated.

The mysterious feed from the other world became known as the "Night Stream" because watching it required closing one's eyes, similar to sleeping. Not only did the Night Stream allow people to witness the experiences of reincarnated individuals from multiple perspectives, but it also provided information about these "reincarnators."

People could gain "Fanatic privileges" by continuously watching a reincarnator for 50 hours, enabling access to the reincarnator's profile, which included their name, birth, death, and rebirth dates. The profiles of all 103 reincarnators were eventually made public, revealing that most were obscure individuals, while two were historically known figures: a recently deceased serial killer and Genghis Khan, the infamous conqueror.

Despite being reborn, the reincarnators were all still fetuses, making the Night Stream less exciting than people had hoped. Most of the time, viewers had to watch the mundane daily lives of common women in humble villages or tribes, performing mundane chores.

Yet, some reincarnators were reborn in more exciting locations, such as large cities or special settlements. In these places, some inhabitants displayed inhuman strength, easily lifting fully grown bulls and defying gravity. Occasionally, people with strange eyes and unusual physical characteristics would appear, commanding respect and fear from those around them.

The appearance of these extraordinary beings sparked intense discussions on the internet, with theories ranging from dominant beast-men or demi-humans ruling over humanity to the possibility of genetically modified or evolved humans.

Amidst this turmoil, another revelation spread widely—the Night Stream could warp time. Time in the other world frequently fell out of sync with Earth, sometimes making hours of Night Stream viewing equal only a few minutes on Earth. This fueled a sense of urgency among people eager for more chances to observe and learn.

As the sun set, casting a beautiful orange glow across the horizon, the young man found himself lost in the virtual world of his computer games. Oblivious to the passage of time, he immersed himself in the digital realm, seeking excitement and distraction from the uncertainties of the real world.

Outside his window, the tranquil street below remained empty, bathed in the warm, fading light of day. His city, once bustling and vibrant, had succumbed to the eerie stillness brought about by the revelations of the Night Stream. The whole world seemed to hold its breath, captivated by the enigmatic connection to the other realm.

With a sigh, the young man tore his attention away from the screen, his eyes drawn to the captivating view beyond the window. He lived in a peaceful part of the city, and in these unprecedented times, even the everyday seemed somehow magical. He leaned on the window sill, his plump body relaxed as he allowed his mind to wander.

The Night Stream had affected everyone differently. Some were mesmerized by the potential of the unseen world, eagerly awaiting the emergence of the reincarnated individuals. Others were skeptical, dismissing it as nothing more than an elaborate hoax or a mass hallucination. But for the young man, the allure of the unknown was too tempting to resist.

As he leaned further, half of his body now outside the window, a rush of cool evening breeze brushed against his face, momentarily masking the warmth of the setting sun. He contemplated the implications of the Night Stream, the mysteries it held, and the lives that might be intertwined with his own.

In the silence of that moment, he felt a profound connection to the other world. It was as if a bridge had been forged, linking his reality to something beyond his comprehension. The Night Stream had become a gateway to a realm of endless possibilities, a place where the mundane and the extraordinary coexisted, where the past and the future merged in strange synchrony.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of distant laughter, a joyful echo from a time when the world was not shrouded in the enigma of the Night Stream. He turned his gaze back inside his room, feeling a pang of nostalgia for the carefree days before this mysterious phenomenon altered the course of humanity.

In the depths of his heart, a longing stirred, a desire to experience something extraordinary, to be part of a grand adventure that transcended the confines of the ordinary. The Night Stream had awakened a thirst for exploration, a yearning to understand the secrets of existence that lay beyond the veil of reality.

With a mixture of excitement and trepidation, he made up his mind. As the wind whispered its gentle encouragement, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, allowing himself to fall into the void of uncertainty. In that moment of surrender, he felt a surge of anticipation, as if he were diving headfirst into an ocean of infinite possibilities.

As the night deepened and the stars began to twinkle above, the young man embraced the unknown.

4