Fighting The Elites
564 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex and the others ran through the forest, the goblins were chasing right behind.

Momo summoned more of her plants to hold them off, but it only succeeded so far until the goblin elite easily obliterated them.

He didn't manage to see the process but noticed it over Momo's pale complexion. Alex really wanted to comfort her, but the condition wasn't precisely fit.

They really didn't have much choice, the entire defensive line had been broken, although the goblins no longer seemingly infinite but still quite a lot, probably 15-20, the problem was none of them was an expert in close combat.

Momo might have possessed super strength but she's not a warrior, she couldn't fight all the opponents.

Not to mention the 13 elites who were stronger and faster than any of them.

The goblins persistently chased them, their eyes clearly told none would be spared, several of them tried to shoot their arrow, but thanks to Momo's ability to understand the tree, Alex and the others had been notified thus could look for a cover to protect themselves.

They managed to avoid traps and attacks due to the guidance of the tree, it was strange, to be honest, these plants had no reason to help them, and Momo couldn't manipulate them, so then why?

'Wait, I don't have time to think about that...' Alex shook his head, hiding behind a tree to avoid the barrage of arrows, Momo stood beside him.

"Alex, they catch up..." Momo said with a worried tone, peeked from the corner and saw the goblins were only 10 meters away.

"Don't worry, I have a plan..." Alex's chest heaved, compared to Momo, his stamina was far lower, he didn't even think can run for another meter, "if we play it right..."

Dick and Damian hid on the tree not far from them, looking worriedly as they also tired, the potion couldn't bring back the stamina after all.

"Mr. Star, Ms. Star, please escape from here first, we hold them back!" Dick exclaimed, pointing his rifle toward the goblin's direction and started shooting without hesitation, Damian followed after.

The goblins also learned how dangerous their rifles were, hiding behind a tree to take cover.

"No, stop shooting, you just waste ammo!" Alex said while waving his hand, "I got this, trust me!"

Dick startled, then he patted Damian's shoulder to stop him.

Hearing no more burst out from the rifle, the goblins started to come out and began to approach them again, including several elites followed behind them.

There were three trees laid ahead, two of them were occupied, the last one on the right had no one.

The elite with a rusty armor on his body observed the situation from afar, lifting up the corner of his lips as he said, "Human is hilarious, doesn't it? Think can hunt monster just like they used to be."

"But strange that they could avoid all of our traps, I don't see assassin or hunter among them, let alone can anticipate the arrow attacks," another elite goblin said, he wore shoulder guards and long sword behind his back.

"Probably the mage had foresight or something, it doesn't matter..." the elite said, "it ends now, they are desperate."

"By the way, what's with that weapon they carry? I had never seen it before..."

"It caught my interest too, it could launch attack faster than bows, killing so many of our brethren in a matter of seconds..." the elite goblin put his finger under his wide mouth, "have the human invent a new weapon?"

"But why the benefactor hadn't informed us? This can be very fatal information."

"Maybe he didn't know, hmm... maybe we shouldn't kill one and wait for the benefactor to inspect it himself..."

"I vote for the mage... he seemed the leader of them."

"I also vote for the mage!"

"Me too!"

The elite pondered, hadn't given any answer for a while.

The goblins drew closer and closer, Alex could hear the sounds of their footsteps stomping on the grasses and branches.

"Alex... 5 meters," Momo looked at him, her purple eyes widely stared at him.

Alex gave her a smile, then his face turned serious, accessing the summoning system sequence.

The goblins separated into two groups, tried to attack Alex and Momo from both sides, Dick had been eager to unleash hell upon them, but Alex repeatedly gave him a warning.

The elite saw it from the distance, said with a chuckle, "It's over."

*Zing!*

But at this moment, the supposedly unoccupied tree on the right suddenly let out a blinding light, catching the attention of all the goblins in the area.

"What's that?!"

"A treasure?!"

The elite's eyes widened for a bit, then it roared with a panic tone, "Fool, that's a distraction!"

*Pit pat pit pat!*

At the same time, Alex and co. turned around the corner and immediately started shooting, the goblins' formation was in chaos as bullets penetrated their bodies and tore them apart.

The elites with them managed to dodge swiftly, they dodged from left and right, and leaped toward the air, lashing their sword and prepared to kill both Momo and Alex.

Momo lifted up her tail, and a bolt of lightning shot out from the tip, it shocked the elites till he roasted and fell onto the ground, she pulled Alex from the harm way as the elite sword slashed on the tree, her tail sent out another lightning and electrocuted the elite from bottom to top.

Both of them rose up their rifle and sent a finishing blow toward the two elites, effectively killing them in the end.

There were 8 goblins left, but they didn't continue to attack as they saw the elites were dead, running away to seek for a cover.

The other elites almost slapped their own face once seeing this, the one in the middle grunted annoyedly, looking at the 11 left of them behind him.

"That's what happens when you sent a fool to do a job."

"Damn, that female is a mage too? How she can throw lightning magic like that?!"

"Brothers, let's get this over with, kill them all!!!"

Marching into Alex's position in a group, the elites unsheathed their swords, some of them even had a shield and hammer.

The thing about Elite Goblin; they had an innate skill called << Skill Mimicry >>

Basically, any human flesh they ate would grant them the knowledge to use their martial arts skill, giving them to become skillful with the corresponding weapon that warrior used.

Alex, Momo, Dick, and Damian tried to shoot them from afar, but they easily deflected the bullets with a swing of their weapons, that's how proficient they were.

It's like watching a Jedi blocked laser beam or something.

The rest of the goblins became confident again, they came out from their cover and dashed ahead crazily.

"Alex, summoning sequence complete!"

"Good!"

They gazed at the person who emerged behind the right tree, it's a figure that incorporated in total armor, very ominous, but Alex wasn't terrified instead smirked vividly.

You didn't need a superpower to be an expert, sometimes, it only took training, experience...

... and motivation to kill the goblin!

(***)

In the Goblin Nest, a game hide and seek currently happened, Shizuka leaned against the wall while grasping her wounded hand, she took out a potion from her pocket and drank it, then using the remaining hand to grasp a kunai and peeped toward her right.

She saw one of the elite walked in her direction while carrying his spear.

Gritting her teeth, Shizuka gripped tightly her kunai, prepared to surprise attack the elite.

Wait and wait... she could hear his footsteps... strolling in the tunnel with ease, Shizuka deeply offended and ashamed, the opposite party such regard her as a weakling.

After a while, the footsteps were getting closer, Shizuka readied her kunai, wrapping it with wind transformation to increase the sharpness.

But then... it disappeared... Shizuka couldn't hear a single sound coming from the other side.

What's going on?

She tried to peek around the corner but... the elite goblin indeed no longer there...

Had it given up somehow?

*Whiz!*

"!" Shizuka startled, without enough time, she leaped out from her cover, but something sharp punctured her feet, tearing off part of her limb.

"Aaah!!!" she couldn't help but yell, her body rolled on the ground as she blood poured from her feet.

"Kakakaka!!!" the elite goblin laughed as it appeared on her previous spot, twirling her skin that his spear had tore and immediately put in his mouth, he started chewing on it.

"Delicious... delicious... the pretty girl is delicious... Kakaka!!!"

Shizuka gasped for air, her chest heaved as her lips trembled, hatefully glared at the elite.

"Time to eat the... 'juicy' part!" he dashed forward while thrusting his spear, the figure became blur like a shadow.

*Clang!*

Shizuka raised her kunai to block the attack but the goblin's art with his spear was spectacular, inflicting wound and ripped her clothes in many spots.

Despite her injury, Shizuka protected her vital part well, this both surprised and annoyed the elite goblin, out of frustration, the elite goblin jumped into the air and planned to impale Shizuka, she flipped backward and endured the intense pain as her feet landed on the ground, still much better than dead.

She threw a barrage of kunai to kill it, but the elite goblin spun his spear to deflect all.

"Getting bored... getting bored... kaka!!!" he kept speaking as if Shizuka would understand, but she knew a mocking tone when she heard one.

She finally stopped attacking and leaned down helplessly, sweating a lot while having painful expressions.

The elite curled his lips, walking toward Shizuka who appeared had given up.

He raised his spear and prepared to attack, but at this moment, Shizuka threw another kunai, the elite goblin sneered as if had seen her trick, he swiftly tilted his spear to deflect it, but to his surprise, instead of hitting the spear, the kunai whirled around it, something like a rope bound his spear, without letting the elite goblin had a chance to respond, Shizuka tightly grabbed the chain and pulled the goblin down, the latter fell flat on the ground as she twisted on her feet, taking out another kunai.

Her eyes glinted with cold light, pushing the sharp tip of the kunai right on the back neck of the elite goblin, green blood immediately spurted into the air and hit her face.

"Ka... ka..." the goblin widened his eyes, his body was pressed by Shizuka as she persistently kept him at bay, she took out her kunai and stabbed toward the goblin's heart position this time.

The elite goblin struggled for life but eventually losing power, finally, it no longer moved.

Shizuka gasped while drenching with his green blood, lucky for her the other elite was looking in a different location.

Looking at the dead elite goblin, Shizuka already had a plan to deal with the other.

(***)

What the fuck was happening?!

The elite goblin was totally in a surprise, first, there were multiple sharp vines abruptly burst out from a seed, second, an unknown person clad in armor charged out of nowhere, ordinarily, they would laugh in contempt, What kind of foolish person who attacked a group of elite goblins alone?

But the person's martial arts abilities showed they were so absurdly mistaken!

This was not like a human, the way it used a small shield and short sword to attack them was incredibly expert.

From the start of the attack to this point in time, their number decreased from 11 to 7, 1 died due to the sharp vines, 1 died of the girl's lightning attack, and 2 died because of this person.

"Human... HUMAN!!!" the elite goblin lashed out his anger, brandishing his long sword as it attempted to reduce the person into 3 pieces of body bags.

The person dodged two attacks while blocking the last one with the shield, it knelt on the ground and slashed the elite's legs, as the latter dropped onto the ground, the figure moved its short sword and stabbed the elite goblin's chin.

A shadow loomed over the figure's body, raising his harmer to pound it away.

"Die-"

*Bzzzzt!!!*

Momo managed to shock the elite goblin before he attacked, then the figure finished it off by cutting his head cleanly.

5 left...

The area became completely difficult and complex, many sharp vines blocked the path thus the elite goblins unable to attack properly.

The normal goblins already annihilated mostly, only three or two left that could only hide behind trees, Dick and Damian completely terrorizing them.

"Escape, escape! Inform the benefactor about the situation!"

One of the elite goblins nodded and turned around, but several seeds immediately went over their head, and deadly thorns spurt out, sealing the elites' escape path.

They had no other choice but to continue fighting; the hail of bullet from Alex, lightning strikes from Momo, and skilled martial arts from the figure, the elite goblins decreased at a rapid pace, leading up to utter annihilation.

(***)

The elite goblin heard the sounds of fighting, but it was no in a hurry to help his comrade, he had seen the ability of the woman, knew she wouldn't stand a chance.

After a while, the commotion was over, by the time he arrived at the location, he shocked to find his comrade was actually laying on the ground, blood all over his body.

The elite goblin went mad, regretting himself why didn't come sooner, he paid silent tribute and promised an act of revenge.

He turned around and prepared to look for the woman, but then he missed to see the previous corpse suddenly transformed into a different figure, she jumped over the elite goblin as the latter's danger instinct was instantly roused, in reflex thrust his spear backward but stabbed nothing, suddenly a chain wrapped around his neck as someone landed on the elite goblin's back, forcing him to fall onto the ground.

"Kaaargh..."

Pressing one hand with her wounded foot, the kunoichi increased the strength of her grip on the chain and began to strangle the elite goblin, he struggled with all might but unable to break free due to the helpless position.

10 seconds... 20...

Finally, for the entire 1 minute, the elite goblin no longer moved, with bulged eyes and drooling mouth, he perished miserably while the kunoichi gasped for air.

Looking at her messy clothes and dirty appearance, she sighed, thinking owed Alex some apologies.

Meanwhile, at the surface level, Alex laughed wearily as he looked at the aftermath, from surviving hell into completely winning, he didn't have much confidence, but glad it turned out much better than he thought.

Dick and Damian laid on the ground, completely relieved their tension and took a brief nap, entire strength as if leaving their bodies.

Momo sat beside Alex, cleaning some dirt and sweat from his face.

"I am sorry..." Alex said.

Momo shook her head, leaning her back into Alex's side, both of them staring at the newcomer.

"Thank you for your help..."

"As long to kill goblin... just call me..."

"Right, of course, by the way... there is a priest you have to rescue... so, next time again..."

The figure nodded.

"System, please sent him back..."

"Affirmative, Alex!"

Unlike when arriving into this world, instead of covered in another light, the figure's body just slowly became translucent then disappeared completely from their sight.

"Congratulations Alex, you are now level 6 and receives three gifts!"

14