The Janikan Dictionary
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Janikan Dictionary

Not everyone will understand everything about these stories and the terms within this universe, so I’ve decided to make this dictionary section of this light novel in case you need to be told with more words what ‘this’ and ‘that’ are! General terms and phrases will also be listed here, just in case you need them. Chapter’s where these words will be left with the meanings so you know where I’m pulling some of these terms from!

Thank you for taking the extra time out of the story to read more about the world of Sherry Aweber and Josephnite Flyer!

 

DAW (Digital Audio Workstation): A DAW program is the name of software that usually specializes in music/audio creation. So anytime you hear a professionally made music track, nine times out of ten, that track has probably gone through some DAW programme to edit the song itself and all its individual instrumental and vocal tracks. (Chapter 5)

GENERIC BRAND: The company ‘Generic Brand’ is a multi-billion Jeuro (Jur-roe) company that specialises in producing cheap products with its ‘iconic’ and simplistic branding of the product being a ‘Generic Brand’ while making affordable versions of everyday items. This in and upon itself is the company’s motto for its entire international outbranched franchise. (Chapters 1, 2 and 3)

JANIKAN: A Janikan is a person who is essentially the equivalent of a human on Earth. Just like how aliens would call humans ‘Earthlings’ since we live on Earth. (Chapters 1, 5 and Bonus Chapter #1)

JEURO: This is one of the many currencies used in a few countries on Janiki. (Chapters 1 and 4)

JOSEPHNITE: Josephnite is a unique crystal that came from outer space and crash-landed onto Janiki as a meteor while Josephnite Flyer was exciting his Golden Phase. (Bonus Chapter #1)

OML: This means ‘Oh My Lord’ since the phrase OMG/Oh My God was never popularised on Janiki. (No Reference)

QR Code(s): This is a code that is usually scanned with the camera of a phone that has a website link (URL) embedded into it. QR codes are square-shaped with various sizes of black and white squares inside of them. (Chapter 5)

SAIRSE: A nickname for Saoirse Bremdat. (Chapter 4)

TWIT: This is a social media platform for mainly posting thoughts, bad opinions and toxicity online. (Chapters 4 and 5)

T.Y/TRANSITION YEAR: This is a year in secondary schools in Ireland after the third year when the students have a gap year between the third and fifth years of secondary school. Many students typically think of this year as a dos year, even on Janiki. Some secondary schools will make it mandatory to treat this year just like any other year in real life and on Janiki but it mainly comes down to the mentality of the students to decide whether to treat it seriously or not as it is not a part of the junior or leaving certificate programme commonly found in Irish schools. (Chapters 2 and 5)

YOUYU: This is a social media platform that is mainly used for sharing video content online. People on this platform can range from amateurs and pros alike but amateurs are preferred by the userbase, even if the platform’s higher-ups don’t. (Chapter 5)

0