Chapter 4 – Minecraft
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Baby tumbled out of the warp pipe, she shook her head in bewilderment. Instead of the familiar fields and forests of the Mushroom Kingdom, all around her stretched an endless landscape of simple cubic shapes as far as the eye could see.

The ground was made of some strange green and gray blocks that felt neither soft nor hard. Towering structures made from different colored building materials stretched skyward in the distance. 

"Where am I now?" Baby meowed curiously. She gave her paw an experimental lick, surprised when her tongue didn't come away dusty but instead tasted of pixels. There was no doubt - she had transported somewhere completely new.

As the sun began to set, Baby heard odd zombie-like groans in the growing darkness. "I'd better find shelter," she thought. Spying a nearby cave entrance, she trotted inside just as the first monsters started to spawn.

Carving out a little nook in the stone tunnel, Baby settled in to rest for the night. She couldn't wait to explore this bizarre new blocky world at dawn. 

The next morning, Baby emerged from the cave and glanced around at the simple cubic terrain. 

The landscape stretched as far as the eye could see, a vast expanse of cubes in varying greens, browns, and grays. Each cube had a distinct texture and pattern, creating a pixelated mosaic of colors and shapes.

Tall trees dotted the landscape, their wooden trunks and leaves formed from perfect squares and rectangles. In the distance, Baby spied some of the towering structures she had noticed yesterday. Their multi-colored blocks formed buildings, towers, and walls unlike anything she had seen before.

A rushing river cut a zig-zagging path across the plains, its water flowing in clear cubes instead of a smooth flow. Strange sounds arose from nearby as creatures both familiar and foreign began to respawn with the new dawn.

As Baby entered a shaded forest, she could hear the chopping of an axe and voices laughing. Creeping slowly towards the sounds while staying hidden in the bushes, she saw two players by a large tree. 

One of them was wearing iron armor and holding an iron axe. He was swinging the axe at the tree trunk, making square blocks of wood fall to the ground with each hit. The other player was wearing leather armor. He was picking up the wood blocks and putting them into his inventory.

Baby watched them with interest and listened to their conversation.

“Once we gather enough wood, we can finish our house,” said the iron-clad player, as he chopped another block of wood.

“Sounds good! And we’re running low on iron, so we should go mining for more,” said the leather-clad player, as he added another block of wood to his inventory.

An idea sprang into Baby's mischievous mind. As the iron-clad player raised his axe for another swing, she dashed out from cover and let out a dramatic "Meeeooooow!"

The player shrieked and jumped back, axe flying out of his hand. “Ahh! What in the Nether was that?”

His friend saw Baby and started laughing. “Dude, you just got scared by a cat! A cat!” he gasped between chuckles.

The iron-clad player looked at Baby and felt embarrassed. “It’s not funny. That cat came out of nowhere,” he muttered.

Baby then pounced on the pile of wood blocks in his friend’s inventory. She scattered them everywhere with her paws, making a mess.

The leather-clad player stopped laughing and said, “Hey! Stop that! That’s our wood!”

As the players bent to gather the scattered wood, Baby saw her chance. She darted forward and snatched the iron axe up in her jaws. 

"Hey!" cried the iron-clad player, spinning around. 

But Baby was already bounding away into the forest. The two gave chase, but she was too quick, soon losing them among the trees. 

Deeper in the woods, Baby paused to examine her prize. The axe head was heavier than she expected. An idea took shape. 

Not long after, she came upon the players' unfinished home. Rearing up, Baby swung the axe and chopped away blocks from the foundation. 

She destroyed the crafting table and chests, sending their precious materials tumbling. Chuckling to herself, Baby abandoned the iron axe and slunk away, leaving chaos in her wake.

Baby continued through the blocky forest, keeping her eyes peeled for more players. Soon she spotted a lone player mining at the base of a mountain. He was chipping away at the stone with a diamond pickaxe, collecting ores and gems.

Crouching in the foliage, Baby watched him work for a while, looking for an opportunity to cause some mischief. When the player finally struck a vein of diamonds and bent to collect them, Baby made her move.

She darted out and head butted his pile of iron blocks, scattering them across the ground. 

"Hey! My iron!" he exclaimed, spying Baby sitting there innocently. 

He tried to shoo her away, but she sprang forward and knocked the diamonds out of his hand before he could store them.

"Diamonds too? Seriously?" The player glared at Baby in frustration. 

She gave a cheeky "Meow" and pawed at his pickaxe.

He quickly snatched it out of reach. "Oh no you don't!"

Baby was undeterred. While he was distracted gathering his spilled materials, she crept up and planted herself firmly on the chest where he'd placed his most valuable finds.

As the player tried to shoo Baby off the chest, she swiped her paw at his diamond pickaxe. The force of her blow caused the pickaxe to go flying right out of his hand! 

"No!" cried the player as he watched helplessly as the pickaxe tumbled end over end through the air, directly towards the steaming pool of lava nearby. With a spluttering hiss, it sank below the bubbling surface.

"My diamond pickaxe!" wailed the player. "That was my best tool!" 

Baby looked extremely pleased with herself at the trouble she caused. 

"Dang cat!" the player growled in defeat. He finally gave up and stalked away, leaving Baby alone with the chest full of loot. 

Laughing internally at her victory, she helped herself to the best gems and ores before disappearing back into the forest, leaving one very annoyed player in her wake.

As Baby wandered further, she heard more voices approaching in the distance. Her pointed ears twitched with curiosity.

After a few moments, three new players came into view. They were chatting animatedly as they made their way along the dirt path. One was carrying an armful of golden carrots, another had an iron sword strapped to their back, and the third was pushing a mine cart loaded with treasure.

Baby's mischievous mind began churning with ideas. Slowly and stealthily, she crept along through the grass behind the unsuspecting players. When they had walked far enough ahead, she chose her moment to strike. With a mighty leap, she sprung from the foliage directly into the path in front of them.

"Wooaaah!" cried the players, stopping in their tracks in surprise.

"It's a cat!" exclaimed the one with the carrots.

Baby looked up at them innocently and let out a little "meow".

The player with the sword laughed. "Look at its cute pixelated fur. I think it just wants to play!"

He reached down cautiously to pet Baby, but at the last second she darted forward and snatched a golden carrot right out of the first player's arms!

"Hey!" they all shouted in protest.

Baby scampered off a short distance and began happily devouring the sweet carrot, tail swishing back and forth in satisfaction. The players gawked after her in disbelief.

"I don't believe it," said the one pushing the mine cart. "That darn cat just stole a carrot right in front of us!"

Baby purred loudly, savoring every last bite of the carrot. When she was done, she glanced back at the players, who were still stunned by her bold theft. That's when she spotted the mine cart, loaded with treasure.

A mischievous idea sprang into her mind. She crept towards the mine cart and a great leap, Baby launched herself into the cart, sending it rolling downhill at high speed.

"Hey, stop that cat!" shouted the player who had been pushing it. But it was too late - Baby was off on a wild ride, clinging to the edges of the creaking cart as scenery blurred by.

After several hairpin turns and near-misses with trees, the cart finally slowed and came to a bumpy stop. Baby peeked out, realizing with glee that she had made it all the way back to the players' camp!

Baby hopped out of the mine cart and sauntered into the players' campsite, looking for potential fun. Nearby, a player was crafting arrows at a workbench while another organized supplies in a chest.

Baby's whiskers twitched with excitement as she eyed the player crafting arrows. She crept up stealthily behind him, then let out a loud "Mrrow!" right by his ear.

The player yelled and fumbled his half-made arrows, sending the materials scattering across the ground.

"Dang cat!" he cried in exasperation. "Now I have to pick all these up and start over."

While he was crouched gathering the fallen materials, Baby snatched up a bundle of feathers in her mouth. She batted the feathers playfully, sending them floating through the air. 

The player scrambled to catch them, growing more frustrated by the second. "Confound it, cat! I need those feathers for my arrows," he grumbled.

While he was distracted with the feathers, Baby seized her chance. She zipped back to the crafting table and started batting around the stacks of flint with her paw.

The flint scattered in all directions across the table. Baby smacked them gleefully into nonsense patterns, disrupting all the carefully organized arrow recipes.

When the player finally retrieved the last feather, he turned back to the table and let out an angry yell. "No! Look what you've done, you pesky cat!"

Baby just looked at him innocently and gave a cheeky "Meow!" 

Before the player could stop her, she raced away, leaving him sputtering incoherently over his ruined materials and recipes.

Baby then turned her mischievous gaze toward the campfire crackling nearby. She crept closer, eyes fixed on the dancing flames.

Crouching down, Baby prepared to pounce. She leapt forward and knocked a burning block of netherrack out of the fire pit.

The flames quickly spread to the dry grass next to the camp. "Fire!" yelled the player who had been crafting arrows. He dropped his materials as the flames licked at the edges of the crafting table.

Baby sat back and watched with satisfaction as the players scrambled to contain the growing blaze. But the fire spread rapidly, consuming chests of supplies and items before they could be rescued.

Thick smoke billowed into the blocky sky as the camp was engulfed. The players could only watch helplessly as the fire destroyed crafting benches, furnaces, and valuables.

As Baby slipped back into the blocky forest, the frustrated shouts of the players faded away. She wandered aimlessly for a while, pausing now and then to bat leaves or swipe at low-flying pixellated bugs.

Eventually the dense trees thinned out and Baby found herself on a sandy shore dotted with voxel crabs. In the distance, she could see the gaping maw of a cave opening in the side of a tall cliff.

Intrigued, Baby made her way over the sandy dunes towards the cave. As she padded inside, the sunlight quickly faded, replaced by the flickering glow of torches on the cave walls.

Baby explored the winding tunnels, keeping to the shadows. She came across abandoned mine carts and picks strewn about, remnants of previous mining expeditions. It wasn't long before the echoes of mining reached her sensitive ears.

Peering around a corner, she spied two players hard at work extracting resources from the cave walls. One swung a diamond pickaxe while the other loaded up a mine cart with precious cargo - iron ingots, redstone dust, even a few diamonds.

As the cart filled to the brim, Baby hatched a plan. She waited until both players had their backs turned, scrutinizing a newly uncovered ravine. Then she darted out and gave the heavy mine cart a forceful shove.

It rolled forward slowly at first, then picked up speed on the sloped tracks. The players turned at the clanking sound, eyes widening in horror as they realized too late what was happening.

"No! Stop!" one yelled, sprinting after the cart even as it rolled straight over the edge into bottomless darkness. His companion sank to his knees in despair.

When they turned to see what had caused this catastrophe, only a tiny meow drifted back to them from the darkness. Baby retreated, tail swishing gleefully at a prank well played in the depths.

With mischief still on her cunning mind, Baby continued exploring the twisting mineshaft tunnels left behind by the scattered players. Something caught her eye glinting in the torchlight up ahead.

Creeping closer, she saw it was a raised stone block amid the earthen walls. Her inquisitive nature took over as she batted at it with a paw. To her surprise, it slid back smoothly, revealing a hidden trapdoor ceiling above.

A great whoosh of air rushed out, followed by leathery wingbeats filling the cavern. Dozens of startled bats poured from the dark opening, squeaking in alarm at the sudden daylight.

Baby's fur stood on end as she was buffeted by the swarm. She darted out of the way, but the panicked bats flew every which direction, searching for escape. Their screeches echoed disorientingly off the stone.

Just then, the players' angry shouts carried down the tunnel as they were engulfed in the swarm of bats.

Baby watched as chaos ensued. Her mistake had caused perfect pandemonium! With a chirp, she vanished down the tunnel before the bats' victims could spot her.

Emerging into the afternoon light, Baby shook the dust from her fur and looked around. In the distance, she spied a small village nestled among blocky trees. 

Baby's whiskers twitched with delight at the ingenious idea. She snuck over to a well in the center of the village and carefully pulled up several buckets of water with her teeth. Trying not to spill a drop, she lugged them one by one to a large house on the edge of the village.

Checking that the coast was clear, Baby scaled the walls, removed the roof blocks and placed the water buckets strategically in each corner. The water poured down, contained for now by the missing roof. After replacing the roof blocks, Baby slid back down and surveyed her work.

Next she dug a quick hole and planted TNT beneath the front door pressure plate. Giggling internally to herself, she covered it up and waited out of sight.

Soon, the unlucky villager who lived there came strolling up the path. As he stepped on the plate, the TNT exploded, blasting the door open. Simultaneously, the trapped water cascaded down into his home.

The villager cried out in shock as his house flooded before his eyes. Furniture, chests and contents were saturated by the downpour. Baby chirped gleefully at the soaking wet villager standing in disbelief amid the destruction.

Before he could spot her, she scampered away to cause more mischief. That will teach him to leave his roof unattended!

That's when she spotted a flock of sheep peacefully grazing near the town edge. 

A mischievous idea sprang to mind. Sneaking over, Baby began nudging the sheep out of their pen. Startled bleats filled the air as they stampeded towards the town square. 

Villagers dived out of the way shouting in surprise as the woolly mob flooded the streets. Baby herded them towards the village market - a collection of shops built around a central area.

Bursting through the open door of the weapon shop, the sheep scattered inside with Baby chattering encouragement. Wool clipped shelves and crafting benches as the store became packed wall to wall with fleecy bodies. 

Players arriving to restock their supplies found the entrance blocked solid by the mass of tightly packed sheep. 

"What's going on here?" one exclaimed, pushing against the immovable flock.  

"The shop's completely stuffed with sheep!" said another in frustration. 

Baby looked on in glee as the players tried in vain to unload the chock-full weapon shop. Their efforts only served to panic the crammed sheep further, resulting in a cacophony of "Baa"s and the sounds of breaking shelves. 

One hapless player trying to push into the shop got head butted repeatedly by agitated rams. Baby stifled a purr of laughter at the chaos she had caused. 

Just then, a commotion arose at the other end of town. Another villager shouted,"The sheep are loose in the library too! They're eating all the books!"

Baby's mischievous grin widened. Her woolly stampede was causing mayhem all over the village now. 

As more players rushed off to deal with the new crisis, she spotted the village's iron golem wandering nearby, its stony footsteps shaking the ground. 

Slinking up stealthily, she swiped the poppy in his hand away with her paw before darting off with the flower clutched in her mouth. The golem's stone brow furrowed in confusion. Why did its flower disappear?

It turned in a slow circle, searching. Then its glowing eyes fell upon the nearest villager, who squeaked in alarm. With an angrily metallic groan, the golem began stomping towards the villager, massive fists clenched and ready to pummel. 

The villager scurried away with a terrified "Oof!" just evading a blow. Now enraged and believing the villager stole its poppy, the golem gave chase, unfurling its massive arms to throw punches at any villagers within reach.

Baby purred with delight, her plan executed flawlessly. All around the village, helpless screams rang out as the iron fists of the golem rained down. 

Night had fully fallen by the time Baby grew bored of watching the sheep fiasco and iron golem's rampage. It was time to seek out new targets for her mischief.

Leaving the village, she soon came upon a group of players huddled around a campfire. They were roasting meat and chatting quietly, taking a break from their mining and building for the day.

Spying a splash potion on the ground, she nudged it over with her paw.

The bottle rolled towards the campfire and shattered with an ominous hiss, engulfing the group in a cloud of nausea. Moans and retching sounds soon followed as the players reeled, poisoned.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Baby pawed through their bags, sending items flying. 

One of the players looked up with a groan. "Not you again!" 

The others followed his gaze and spotted Baby, fur glowing in the firelight. Recognition dawned on their ill faces. "It's the troublemaking cat!" 

Baby froze, paw halfway in a bag. She hadn't expected to be recognized so soon after her previous misdeeds. The players struggled to their feet, stumbling but determined.

Abandoning her rummaging, Baby darted away from the campsite into the dense forest. Behind her, she could hear the players calling out in anger and frustration, but they were in no state to pursue her. 

Baby nimbly wove between the trees, trying to put as much distance as possible between herself and the scene of her latest mischief. But her escape through the forest was cut short. 

A rustling from the shadows revealed glowing green eyes stalking her trail. With low hisses, a pack of creepers gave chase, having caught wind of the intruder in their territory. Panicked, Baby ran as fast as she could. 

Ahead, she spotted an immense treehouse lit by the glow of torches spaced along the ground. Inside, two players moved about, putting the finishing touches on their building. 

As Baby dashed toward the structure, she knocked over torch after torch. Darkness rapidly spread in her wake.

Rising voices drifted from within the treehouse. 

"Did you hear that?" 

"The torches are going out!" 

Baby scrambled up the stacked blocks that formed the sturdy base below. Reaching the top, she flung herself through an open window just as the creepers converged on the base of the treehouse.

"What in the-" cried one player in surprise. 

There was a thunderous boom as the first creeper exploded. The sturdy blocks below shuddered, then erupted outward in a shower of debris. 

"No, no, no!" shouted the other player desperately. But it was too late. 

With creaking groans, the entire treehouse structure began to sink and collapse in on itself. Players and Baby tumbled helplessly amidst the avalanche of falling blocks. 

When the dust cleared, they found themselves amidst the rubble that was once their towering home. Months of work now lay in ruins around them. 

"All our stuff...gone!" cried the first player despairingly. 

Baby chirped curiously from a pile of broken debris. The players turned toward the noise, spotting her feline form amidst the rubble. 

"A cat? What's it doing here?" 

But before they could approach, Baby scrambled away, dashing into the night with cheerful chirps, already focusing on her next adventure. 

Word of the mischievous cat quickly spread among the Minecraft community. Players started sharing stories of encounters with Baby, each tale more hilarious than the last. Some players even formed groups to try and capture her, creating elaborate contraptions and traps in an attempt to outsmart the cunning feline.

But Baby was always one step ahead, easily dodging their attempts and leaving them scratching their heads in disbelief. She became a legend in the Minecraft world, with players eagerly seeking out her pranks and laughter.

As time went on, Baby's reputation grew, and players began to embrace her playful antics. They constructed "Baby-proof" structures, knowing that she would inevitably find her way inside and wreak havoc. Some even left offerings of fish and toys for her to play with, hoping to catch a glimpse of her mischievous nature.

And so, Baby continued her trolling adventures in the pixelated world of Minecraft, bringing laughter and surprises to players far and wide. Whether she was knocking down towers, stealing valuable items, or simply enjoying a playful chase, her presence added a whimsical touch to the otherwise serious and structured gameplay. 

One day, exploring the Nether realm, Baby came across a strange purple swirling portal unlike any she had seen before. Curiosity compelling her as always, she leapt into its vortex, biding the blocky realm of Minecraft goodbye.

Yet her legend lived on, whispered among Minecraft players as they shared tales of the tabby cat who had brought laughter and surprises to their virtual realm. And though Baby had moved on to new adventures, her playful legacy remained, reminding players that sometimes, even in the most structured and serious of games, a bit of feline mischief can add an extra spark of joy and wonder.

0