The BEST otome game I’ve ever played!
136 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
ok so I just want to set expectations for what this story is gonna be... 

First off, there'll be no rape scenes like in the original work. I don't think I'll be able to handle that subject matter with the tact and respect it deserves. Also said scenes would clash tonally with the silly mood of the unionized worms so they're cut. The characters who were rapists will still be rapists canonically, but they won't successfully rape or molest anyone.

Second, the plot will have many changes. This won't be a copy and paste of the original plot except the calamity worms have unionized. Instead it'll very quickly swerve off course as to not bore readers of the original work and to more easily avoid the rape scenes.

Third, I'm reworking ALL monsters in the original work, not just calamity worms. Some will go so far as to have slightly altered names. For example, calamity worms will be called apocalypse worms for thematic reasons. As there is a stronger focus on the monsters, I've changed the original premise of the otome game to be a monster taming rpg otome game hybrid. This also means a completely different magic system. There'll also be monster facts at the end of each chapter for some fun facts about them and additional insight into why I changed them.

Fourth, you can expect the upload schedule for this to be sporadic. I'm doing this for fun.

Finally, Go support the author of the original work, Emeruferu. This work wouldn't have happened if they didn't inspire me.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEES! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID WHOOOOOOOOOOORE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It'd had been two weeks into their summer break. No chores, No baths, No food, No bitches. There was only the Otome game in front of him and now the 100% on the save file. 

You may be wondering why a college aged male like Kendrick would be playing a female oriented dating sim. Its because the game is not just a simple visual novel. NAY, IT HAS GAMEPLAY! This wasn't just another thinly veiled attempt to get horny women to read, but rather a monster taming jrpg with visual novel elements!

 Now Kendrick and his buddy Ryan had lived out their fair share of final fantasies and set forth upon countless dragon quests, they were jrpg experts through and through, but they needed something fresh, Something new! It just so happened that Ryan had stubled upon just that, this fairly obscure otome game!

So what's so special about this rpg? The heroine's stats and skills are altered based off the monsters you attune to, but said monsters also act like party members. Each monster has two base upgrade trees and a secret third one that must be unlocked by completing a special condition unique to that monster. This means that every one of the hundreds of monsters provides 3 unique play styles. 

The depth to build crafting in this game had completely enraptured Kendrick. Like some kind of eldritch old god it had drove him to obsession and madness. That madness drove him into doing the impossible. He beat a supposedly "unbeatable" boss fight, resulting in the victory screech he had just released. The boss named Guilt was the final boss of a bad end route where the heroine outs the villainess's secrets. The guilt the heroine feels for doing so manifests into the scripted loss boss fight. Kendrick had considered this route to be a microcosm for the plot's issues. The world the game depicts is a cruel hell scape and the villainess in question may as well be lucifer, yet despite all her heinous actions the game expects you to forgive her.

Kendrick however isn't a forgiving person. He would not bow down to the developers will, for even the heroine's suffocating guilt is no match for the power of cheese! With a strategy he spent hours developing he managed to conquer the heroine's guilt using the unstoppable might of the apocalypse worm! Of course the game crashed afterwards because it didn't know what to do if the player beat guilt, but Kendrick was satisfied nonetheless.

"Well I suppose it's about time I fed Rupert."

Yes, while it was indeed summer break Kendrick did have responsibilities he had to fulfill. Mainly feeding his pet Rupert. Poor Rupert must be starving as he hasn't been fed in two whole weeks! As Kendrick got up he felt incredibly light headed. His stomach growled. He slowly stumbled toward the staircase as the kitchen was on the first floor. The walk felt like a hike up mount everest, but he somehow made it to the snack drawer. Kendrick's stomach churned.

"Don't worry, Rupert, some potato chips are coming."

His incredibly thin and shaking arm reached out into the drawer and found it's prize, a can of pringles. Alas Kendrick quickly found he lacked the strength to remove the plastic lid. As the despair of his inability to feed Rupert hit him, Kendrick collapsed unto his knees. How would he feed his pet tapeworm?! No matter how much he pondered he couldn't think of a solution. 

"R-rupert... I'm... sorry."

Soon his eyes grew wary and closed for a final time. Kendrick had starved to death...

fun facts about Kendrick:

1. He is obsessed with worms.

2. He was bullied as a child and called worm boy. He eventually planned out and acted upon an incredibly elaborate and rutheless revenge for his bullies and thus was left in peace with his worms.

3. If his significant other asked "would you still love me if I was a worm?" He'd say that he'd love them more as a worm.

4. Kendrick has never been in a relationship because he lives by the moto worms before hoes.

5. Ryan despite being friends with Kendrick for years has no clue about his obsession with worms.

6. Do I really need to explain why I made Kendrick obsessed with worms in this fanfiction centered around worms? I feel like that's a no-brainer.

4