All according to keikaku
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kendrick plants his shovel into the soil and starts digging. Soon enough he's unearthed a box that he himself buried on the first night he was here. He opens it up and finds everything he needs a few bottles of alchol, an oil lamp and accompanying fuel, a few handkerchiefs, and a box of matches. Kendrick picks up the bottle of worm's breath takes a swig and...

Immediately spits it back out.

"Holy shit that tastes like ASS! Is this really what alcohol tastes like?"

"...wait you've never tasted alcohol?"

"Uh... ignore that! Here take a swig of this."

The butler smiles warmly at his master,

"If you don't need to be drunk to face your family, then neither do I."

"Hahaha! Is that so?"

Kendrick pours out half of the bottle's contents into the soil.

"Mind helping my pour out these bottles? Leave around half in each. Your help will make this go a lot quicker."

"Gladly!"

"Hey how many servants are currently in the mansion?"

"The Viscount gave everyone except me a day off today, likely so there'd be no witnesses when they brutally kill us."

"Good, then there'll be no collateral damage."

Jredd gives his master a curious look, but pours out the full bottles anyway. Kendrick fills the emptied bottles with the lamp oil and then jams the handkerchiefs into the neck of them. He would've liked to make some street napalm, but he didn't have access to Styrofoam or gasoline so the lamp oil would have to do.

"What exactly are we making, Sire?"

"Molotov cocktails."

------

Viscount Anwir Alastair stood a top his balcony overlooking his yard. Kendrick looked up from the ground at his "father", so high up. He couldn't wait to tear him down from that lofty position. The weather is just as the guards said, hot and dry. Perfect for fires.

"Ah I see you've returned my boy! Not even a few days out of prison and you've already have a bottle in your hand. Savor its flavor, son, for it'll be the last bottle of alcohol you'll ever taste!"

"Yours not mine!"

Jredd lights the wick and Kendrick chucks the molotov cocktail at the wooden mansion! The Viscount goes bug eyed as a sea of fire erupts on his beloved wooden mansion. He rushes into the mansion either trying to escape or more likely, to get something. Kendrick wouldn't stand still while this happens. He dashes around the manner quickly reaching the well, the only source of water the mansion has. He pulls out the knife he brought to the party and cuts the rope. Like music to his ears, the bucket makes a wet plop as it reaches the bottom of the well. He turns around and admires the multicolored smoke billowing in the air. The mansion's many hues dye the smoke making it very eye catching. Just in time, Jredd manages to catch up. Kendrick hands him the next bottle,

"Here you can throw the next one. Remember to throw it underhanded. I learned that the hard way haha."

"O-ok"

Kendrick lights the match.

"Aim for the back exit."

The butler nods and tosses the bottle. It directly hits an escaping Annalissa. Fun fact about Victorian era dresses, they're essentially coated in kerosene and all of the character's outfits are VERY victorian. Needless to say, Annalissa was rolling around on the floor.

"Alright you take half of the bottles and we split up as planned, RUN!"

Jredd goes off into the forest one way, while Kendrick goes the other. Kendrick runs and runs and runs! The little Lilac he managed to consume makes him faster than he ever was in his past life, but then again that isn't saying much. Eventually in the distance he hears the sound of one thousand voices all screaming at once. Kendrick now knows that the chase is on! Kendrick pushes himself past his limits and somehow runs even faster! He can hear the stomping behind him now! Suddenly the stomping stops and Kendrick ducks for cover. A laser beam barely misses his head, instead cutting down several trees. A chain of explosions ring out where the laser hit. Kendrick turns around and sees the beast. 

Its a 4 meter tall shadowy blob protruding from a flaming portal. It uses two thick appendages to drag itself over the ground. The only bit of the creature that isn't shadow is its dingy yellow dog skull and the singular eye that lies where its throat should be. Two sharp horns with bloody tips stick out of the skull, ready to gore anyone or anything. Streams of fire spew out from in-between its dagger like fangs. When the fire from the streams collapse in front of the eye a searing lazer is fired. This is baby-cakes, the Alastair family's second biggest hell hound.

Kendrick stares down the monster over double his height. He readies a bottle in one hand and his knife in the other. Baby-cakes pounces at him and pins Kendrick to the floor, a very poor position, but Kendrick doesn't give up hope. If baby-cake's tamer,  Annalissa, wanted Kendrick dead immediately the hell hound would've bitten his head off immediately. His "sister" intends to drag out his death, he wouldn't let her! Kendrick slams the bottle against the beast's leg!

Empty bottles were a very rare consumable item in-game. This was do to their strength in battle. Bottles would do a small amount of damage that goes through the defense stat and applied the stunned status effect. It was just a hunch, but Kendrick believed this was still the case with full bottles in this world since he managed to knock out Annalissa with a single bottle on his first day here. As expected, the hell hound's grip weakens. Now its Kendrick's turn to pounce! Kendrick rips open the bony maw of the beast and jams his knife into its eye. As the blade pierces the eye, the portal around the base of Baby-cakes opens wide allowing Kendrick to push the creature back through. When Baby-cake's unconscious form is completely on the other side, the portal closes sealing the monster away for a time. Kendrick collapses and breaths a sigh of relief...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Two thousand more screams reverberate out into the air. There stands Viscount Anwir, a burned and unconscious Annalissa in his arms and two more hell hounds to his back. The Viscount casually drops his daughter unto the hard ground with no regard for her safety as he slowly approaches Kendrick.

"It would seem as if I have . . . underestimated you, my foolish son"

"..."

"Here I thought you were just some naive boy blinded by his love, but I now stand corrected."

The Viscount puts his hand around Kendrick's throat and lifts him off of the ground.

"This was your plan from the start wasn't it? If you'd pull something like this on anyone else I would've said I was proud of you."

The Viscount clenches his hand tight around Kendrick's throat and yet strangely, he smiles.

"Got any last words, damned boy of mine?"

"D-do y-you kn-now w-why th-the royal g-guard use h-halberds?"

The Viscount raises his eyebrow. Curiosity gets the better of him and he releases his grip a bit.

"Because they serve double duty as fire marshals."

"VISCOUNT ANWIR ALASTAIR YOU'RE BEING CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY, TREASON, ASSAULT ON A ROYAL CONSORT, POSSESSION OF UNREGISTERED MONSTERS, AND THE ENDANGERMENT OF A MEMBER OF THE NOBILITY UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE ROYAL GUARD. ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS OR ATTEMPTS TO FLEE WILL BE SEEN AS RESISTANCE OF ARREST AND/OR IMPEDIMENT OF AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION. KEEP YOUR HANDS UP AND TURN AROUND SLOWLY!"

Standing there behind the Viscount was Julius, member of the royal guard.

Time for facts and lots of them! This time mostly about the hell hound, but there's some miscellaneous ones too! You might even be able to decipher some apocalypse worm lore if you look into these facts too much.

1. Hell hounds are infernal aligned. Like most other infernal aligned monsters, they're the evolved form of another monster called the ruby wolf. To evolve the ruby wolf you need only apply an aspect of torment to it.

2. Aspects of torment are a postgame exclusive item only obtainable after beating an optional super boss called Satan. Satan is found in a hidden area of Kunlun mountain deep in the heart of CWWU territory(the former Euphoria kingdom)

3. Infernal monsters usually keep the two normal skill trees of their initial form, but get a unique third tree. The two normal trees of the hell hound are about either buffing physical strength or tanking  fire attacks while the unique third tree specializes in firing off high damage lasers at the cost of health providing a dark knight play style.

4. There is no fire element. "Fire attacks" kinda work like punch or bite moves in pokemon. Theres abilities and such that interact with them, but there is no "punch" type. Some sun element attacks can count as "fire" damage, but other elements like sea or moon also have fire attacks.

5. The Alastair family has historically used their hell hounds as nanny dogs since they don't trust commoners enough to raise their children. 

6. The Alastair family's three hell hounds are named Princess, Baby-cakes, and Grognavar devourer of worlds. Princess is the biggest and strongest, while Grognavar is the smallest and weakest.

7. Word has it the hell hound's preferred food is toddlers. Human toddlers.

8. The Alastair family usually sticks with the fire protection skill tree of hell hounds because they don't like getting their hands dirty.

9. I made the changes to the hell hound with the goal of making them as terrifying to be chased by as possible. Hell hounds in the original story were basically just dogs with horns, and while yeah being chased by a pack of ravenous dogs would be pretty scary, it just feels a little too mundane for a fantasy setting imo. So now they fire lasers that explode and are over double your height.

10. I actually pulled some inspiration for the hell hound from an exotic weapon in the game Destiny 2 called the "one thousand voices". It had a notorious audio bug when it first release which is what I imagined the hell hounds roar to sound like: https://youtu.be/4_9iSob7LHM?si=LQgkL6mtKPEa2FXi

11. Guardsmen acting as firefighters is based on real examples. My source? Some guy on youtube: https://youtube.com/shorts/IgAgAhcOHew?si=vtWQUFwMSCDkMQ11

12. Keikaku is Japanese for plan

13. Don't dissolve Styrofoam in gasoline, especially while indoors. Its very dangerous 


1