Next steps
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This is pretty much the end of the first arc. After this all I have to go off is a summary. After this next arc ends I'll either continue work on my main project "The Young Lady Has Run Away" or start the spin off of it "Sam's Nightmare". I might even make Magical Love Seas of Lost Star House 2: Revengeagon its own thing and focus on that for a time, since it might end up being shorter.

Also sorry that this chapter is so jumpy, I couldn't really figure out how to smoothly transition to the trial with out making some filler chapters. This chapter is sorta supposed to be like an epilogue to the first arc so I can quickly move on to the next and I didn't want to drag it out over multiple chapters. 

[H-huh what?! We bonded?! When did that happen?!]

"Shooosh... Its ok... Don't worry about it..."

[You do realize that you only have a year left right! You'll die! Are you really ok with that?!]

"I know. Like I said, don't worry about it. I'll be fine."

[If you say so... Names Nihka by the way since, now we're partners and all.]

"Kendrick, it's a pleasure to meet you."

[...What a weirdo.]

Worm calmed, Kendrick looks around the room. Initially he was going to take out all of the ghouls himself since they could be used as a free revive for the person they are bonded to but now, he's having second thoughts. Would he really be satisfied if the crown stole his kill? Considering he has acquired this surprise worm so early, he could take them out himself later. He smiles to himself and turns around. He'd need to hide this place well.

------

""Where the hell were you!""

The Princess and knight seemed to be perfectly synced.

"Relax, I was just checking out the state of the mansion. Everything's burnt to a crisp by the way. Looks like I won't be spending the night here haha!"

""...""

Kendrick gave as stupid a smile he could to the two people glaring at him, well four if you count the two tied up and gagged in the carriage. Kendrick hops right up onto said carriage and promptly uses the Viscount as a seat cushion.

"You all ready to get a move on? We got some criminals that need to be prosecuted after all!"

The duo that were worried about him both sigh and get on the carriage with him.

[These your friends? That knight looks pretty tough]

"Their our ticket for a free ride. If we ride with them to the capital, that'll practically be half the trip to Calamity for free."

[We're heading to the motherland?!]

"Well you'll need to update the CWWU about you're current status, right?"

[I didn't even need to ask huh? Seems like I've hit the jackpot...]

Nihka didn't know it, but Kendrick heard that small mutter making him smile...

------

Silvia Frost looks over the trial with dread. She had foolishly thought that the Alastair family would deal with the beast, but now? It stood triumphant over the Alastairs as if to mock her. Her spies gave her the run down of events as soon as they could. 

Dan Alastair had burned down the Alastair's manor.

Her heart had stopped when she read the report. Was it a wyrm now? Did she had to worry about flame billowing out of its mouth? She'd rather take on a breath attack head on instead of whatever this was. She looked back upon the beast as it sat down upon a golden throne. In this courtroom the creature was king! Nay it was a god! The beast in it's natural habitat, unfurled it's true form. Silvia bore witness to a lion headed worm. In it's kingdom, the beast saw and heard all. No sinner would go without penance. The worm listed name after name, crime after crime. All information it had no way of accessing! The beast was omnipotent! Oh, how it pranced and danced around the court! Silvia could see the joy radiating off of it like heat off the sun. It would point a finger, sing like a canary, and then a rope would soon be around her co-conspirator's neck.  Oh, and what was on the diety's face as it reveled? How did this [great deceiver] look upon it's poor helpless subjects?

The Cheif Archon smiled down upon it's prey with eternal malice

Death seemed to power the creature. With every noble thrown into the gallows, it'd sit a little higher upon it's golden throne. The higher it sat, the more malevolent it became. As it's malice grew, so did the severity of the punishment.  Every sin was worse than the last and it was looking like Silvia was in the back of the queue. The beast manifested it's wrath and formed a killing implement. The creature breathed life into the weapon and hung it above Silvia's head. Just like it's master, the implement fed off hatred. Every name called, the weapon's maw would grow bigger. It's fangs grew eternally sharp. As the living weapon dangled above Silvia, it mocked her. It threatened to take everything from her. At any point the thin string holding it back could snap and the malice would swallow her whole and... and... 

 she could do nothing about it.

What could she possibly do? Even the king himself sat there looking defeated! In his own court! The royalty wasn't safe from the beast's scorn! Sure the beast couldn't wrap a noose around their necks, but that didn't mean they went without penance! Fines! Disinheritance! Confinement! Exile! At a certain point the king just became despondent and started nodding along as his royal guard became dyed black in death. He too must be feeling as she is! He too is baring witness to the vastness before them! He too is overwhelmed by it! He too is feeling sublime dread!

Filthy commoners swarm the gallows in droves to gawk upon her friends' deaths. They form circles around the stage and begin their worship. The [Great Deceiver] gained from this too! Was the malice not enough?! As these days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, eons... Silviacouldn'ttellhowmuchtimehadpassedanymore... passed it had grown so impossibly large! Why did it continue?! When would it be satisfied?! When would the rope snap?! Silvia didn't particularly care if she was swallowed whole anymore! She just wanted it too end! And it did end. Not it, but the trial. Silvia's name was never called.  The implement still hung above her. She was spared, but that felt even worse. It's breath was still hot and damp on the back of her neck.

Time for facts! Miscellaneous this time.

1. Now that Nihka is inside Kendrick, only Kendrick can hear them.

2. Silvia's view of the trial was mostly delusion. Kendrick didn't really turn into a lion headed worm god. Silvia's viewpoint is very unreliable.

3. I pulled a lot of inspiration for Silvia's delusion fron gnosticism, which to oversimplify the belief, is an interpretation of the old testament where god is q fake malevolent being who made the physical world to torment humans. It's used as a way to explain the major difference between god in the old testament and the new testament. It's kinda like an ancient version of simulation theory and I thought pulling ideas from it for an iseaki story where the protagonist is literally in a game or simulation would be pretty interesting.

4. Brogaigia are an earth aligned monster with a focus on tanking hits. It has an oddly high speed stat for a tank though. One it's trees gives access to a skill that allows the tamer to live a lethal attack at one hp. This pairs nicely with the Luminous lizard which can counter attacks. A build similar to this is how Kendrick beat the Dan Alastair boss fight in-game.

5. When using counter skills you still take all the damage of the attack. Think of it like the move mirror coat or counter from pokemon.


0