Chapter 21: Reaper
204 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Congrats! By killing [Broadsword Bob] and [Brassknuckles Rhea] the user has gained Skills [Heavy Slash] and [Quick Punch][Lv.Max]]

[All Stats increase by 60]

Due to the sudden Stat increase, my body felt lighter than before and a surge of energy flowed through my mana meridians. It felt refreshing, almost exhilarating, despite the fact that I just killed two fighters with my own bare hands. The adrenaline levels in my body rose at an astonishing rate and I felt as though I could win this battle royal with ease. My dagger was ready at my side, the blade gleaming in the sunlight, and my gold eyes pierced through the souls of everyone in the Arena. There was still silence as the fighters, spectators, and announcer stared at me aghast. Suddenly, one fighter begins to speak, his voice trembling.

"He killed Brassknuckles Rhea!"

Chaos erupted in the Arena.

"Does this guy not care about the fact that he killed a woman?" 

"How scary. I could barely see his attack." 

"Kill him!" A bossy looking fighter pointed at me in equal fear.

Hesitating for a moment, the fighters look at each other than look at me. After witnessing the scene before them, they've become rash and they all charged at me. Good. LET THE FUN BEGIN YOU DAMN ROACHES!

"Let's have some fun!" I smiled evilly through my mask while readying both of my daggers.

"Let's kill that bastard!" A fighter leading the others points his saber at me before charging with the group.

"I'd like to see you try!" I smirk breaking through the group swiftly with [Wind Step].

"What! He disappeared!" The saber guy exclaimed.

Within a breath, I appeared behind him with a dagger to his neck. Cleaving at his neck, I swiftly sever his head from his body, crimson blood splattering the arena as the life from his eyes faded away instantly. With no time to waste, I spun on my heel and cast [Wind Step]. In the spot where I stood moments ago, a crater the size of a car appeared on the ground beneath, blue flames running through the cracks in between. A freckled magician stood behind the crater clutching his wooden wand, the tip of it burning.

"Dammit!" He shouted, "I missed."

Once again, I casted [Wind Step] and cleaved his head off with a dagger that was the fourth person I've killed today. From the looks of it, it seems as though the fighters won't stop targeting me until I'm dead.

Waving a finger I taunted emotionlessly, "Anyone else?"

As per usual, these fighters only have brawn and no brain so they have become rash in their decisions and decided to attack me all at once. From the spectator's perspective, it seems as though I had no way of escaping because of the overwhelming number of fighters covering all directions from which I could possibly escape from. However, who says I'm cornered? If there is no way out, you make a way out. Clutching both of my daggers in my hands, I imbued mana into both and tossed them into the air. Using [Mana Control] I control the daggers flying in midair and pierce twenty or so fighters above me in the heart. The daggers, moving like bullets pierce their fleshy bodies like butter, there was no resistance and not even a drop of blood staining their sharp blades.

[Notice: User has killed over twenty fighters and will receive some rewards!]

[From killing over twenty fighters user has gained Skills [Assassin Footwork] and [Stealth][Lv.Max]]

[All Stats increase by 60]

[Congrats! The White Wolf Cub Hatsu has reached Lv.50! Please consult with Hatsu about potential evolution]

[You have received a book on [Kung Fu]!]

Ignoring the notifications, I continued to massacre the onslaught of fighters. Heads flying, silent screaming, two daggers taking life away with every slash. Every kill was perfect and stunning almost like watching Da Vinci paint the Mona Lisa from start to finish except in crimson. There were almost no words to describe the scene happening on this day nor the fighter. It stunned everyone: the spectators, the announcers, the citizens, even the Pope! Today, this battle royale would go down in Stadium history! A sole Assassin with snow white hair and golden eyes took the lives of many fighters as if the reaper himself descended upon this world in material form. The Assassin, by the name of "Ren", would become a key figure in the Eastern Continent, no doubt about that. From the beginning, this battle's winner had been determined and that person who ended would become a legend. That person was me, in a half-crazed mode. Standing triumphantly atop a mountain of decapitated corpses with two dangerously sharp daggers, one in each hand, ready to take the lives of everyone in the colosseum at any moment. His golden eyes piercing into the hearts and souls in everyone in his sight. It was over, the battle royale was over.

"Wh-" the announcer tried forcing the words out of his mouth, "What just happened? This has never been seen in Stadium History! Ladies and Gentlemen, we might just have a new candidate to compete to be the next Champion!"

Silence. Then suddenly, cheers came. Cheers after a long period of silence and bloodshed. Confetti rained down from a chopper flying above the arena it was the day a new Champion would be born, a legend, a very unintentional legend created by a fool following a System just to become stronger. At that moment I began to question myself, what exactly am I fighting for? Am I just a puppet of the system trying to accomplish what the System couldn't on its own? Or perhaps was I fighting for something bigger? However, I wouldn't realize exactly what I was fighting for a long time.

After the cheers died down, I silently left the arena. The guards have already opened the gates and the elven employee waited behind them with his clipboard in one arm and a tray in another. Once I entered the iron gates, a giant trap door opened up and the corpses of the fighters fell into the dark pit beneath the arena. Paying no mind to what happened next, I come face to face with the elf. His once arrogant and domineering aura disappeared immediately and instead, I could feel traces of fear coming from him, the clipboard in his hand about to fall out any moment.

"Congratulations, Assassin Ren for winning the battle royal," he said with a quiver in his voice while trying to stay professional, "you're are officially Iron Ranked 378 and your reward is 4000 kalas and Assasins clothing created by the famous tailor, Damien Xiao. We hope to see you next time."

Looking at the rewards, I was satisfied. Keeping up my quiet persona, I open my storage space and place both inside before leaving the arena. As I exit the arena, I feel the presence of two burly men behind me. Luckily, I haven't taken off my disguise or else I would have been in trouble but that wasn't important. What was important, however, was to lose both of them. Picking up the pace, I speed-walked out of the waiting area and head immediately to the lobby. The men were still behind me.

They're quite persistent, aren't they? I smirked under my mask with annoyance.

Weaving through the crowd, I make sharp turns every here an there to throw the men off. Of course, they couldn't harm anyone in public not to mention that if they did, they would stand out as such, the waves of people entering and exiting the colosseum jostled them around, restricting their movement, alas giving me enough time to slip out of their sight. After weaving my way through the crowd into the open area near the station, I scan around for any place I could change outfits and there was only one area that seemed isolated, a corner behind the station. Glancing behind me, I find the two struggling men who were tailing me earlier almost out of the crowd. With no time to spare, I dash around the stadium into the corner and duck behind a bush. Swiftly opening the Hero Game System, I unequip the [Assasssin's Clothing]. Briefly, a light flashes around my body and I'm back to normal with my brown hair, green eyes, blue windbreaker, beige khakis, black combat boots, and a messenger bag hanging over my shoulder.

Quickly leaving the corner, I blend in with the crowd and make my way down the stairs into the station. Meanwhile, the two burly men were furiously looking around for me. Internally, I laugh. To think that the cold-hearted killer their looking for turns out to be your 'average' everyday commoner, now that's a good story. Oh, shoots. My switch flipped again. Feeling exhausted, I decided to head home, after all, I accomplished what I needed to. Riding the train back, I opened the Hero Game System and skimmed briefly through all the notifications.

[Notice: You have killed a hundred fighters! You have received all fighter based Skills! As such, the System will combine skills! After a combination,  you have received the Skill [All Rounder][Lv. Max]!]

[Skill Description: A combination of all fighter related skills including martial arts, swordsmanship, blade works, and aura!]    

[All Stats increase by 30!] 

[Notice: You have received [Blackwing Assassins Clothing: Gold Rank]! Please check in Equipment for more information regarding [Blackwing Assassins Clothing]] 

Gold Rank equipment was expensive! Even the cheapest of Gold Ranked equipment would go for at least two million Kalas but this was Blackwing! Blackwing was a named brand known for its high-quality tailored equipment made with a fabric weaved with mana enhanced carbon fiber and titanium. Each product made by Blackwing was custom made so there were no replicas of any of their products. One Blackwing product could fetch up to 100 million Kalas on the market that was basically Rishi Family's assets for three years. Since this was the full set, it would probably fetch around 700 million Kalas or more. Holy crap! Well, I guess for the Stadium, this is a small investment for a potential 'Champion'. It's not like I wanted to become a 'Champion' I'm just doing it to unlock the first seal of the Hero Game System. Speaking about the System, Iris has been silent for quite some time, I wonder why? 

I will address that later but these next few days will just get more chaotic for me. I thought as I looked out the window as the train passed through Shorelock.  

No updates for a while for Hero's Game. I will be focusing on Heir de Winter for the next few weeks. See you all later.

3