Chapter 4: System
359 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ray Levine, Savior's best friend, and the Party's Archer. She the second daughter of the head of the Levine family, a family known for their sharpshooters and purple hair ever since the Church was established. In this world, your family is identified by your hair color and the shade of that color determines your rank in that family. The darker one's hair color is, the higher ranked they are in their family. As a result of her being the second daughter of the head of the Levine family, her hair is dark purple.

>>>

Spotting Ray underneath the rubble horrified me. I brush most of the rubble aside revealing Ray's body up to her torso. Placing my pointer and middle finger around her neck to check her pulse, I sighed in relief.

Thank Heavens. She's still alive.

Suddenly, Ray's eyes shot open. Her forehead bleeding and her vision blurry. Making out who I was, she coughed. A cloud of dust came out of her mouth from being buried under the rubble and ashes.

"Andrew?" She spoke weakly.

"Ray, please refrain from speaking," I said hastily whipping out my staff, "I'm going to heal you right now."

Coughing out a mouthful of blood, Ray's usually cheerful face turned to one of anguish and disparity. While I was trembling with fear. There were still some civilians who were trying to run, but, it was futile, those that ran were swooped up in a Wyvern's claw the next moment. Some buried under the rubble half alive. At the time, I could not save all of them...I was just a weak healer.

"Savior," she began to sniffle, "she tried...she tried but..."

"What?"

"The demon's wyvern got her in one of its claws." She spoke trying to raise her limp arm.

"You mean the red one in the center of the horde?" I asked pointing to the sky as I cast a healing spell on her.

A soft white glow emitted from my staff which I hold towards Ray. This was a basic healing spell meant it would only heal flesh wounds, not recover body parts. The most I could do was stop Ray's bleeding then she would need to recover on her own for the rest of the healing process.

"Yes...Savior thought she could take on the whole wyvern horde on her own until..." she sniffled some more while tugging the sleeve of my windbreaker. Staining them with blood and dirt.

"I know...I know." I said in my shaky voice.

"Not even the gods can save her anymore...it's over Andrew. The Church has sent the Cardinal but not even he is powerful enough to stop this horde all at once." She wailed.

Ray was right. The Cardinal was a being more powerful than Savior but only until Savior has unlocked her true power. Unfortunately, even with the Cardinal, there is still only a slim chance that he will be able to drive the horde away. Suddenly, Ray became delusional. Stretching her barely moveable hands to the sky she laughs hysterically.

"I see the Heavens!" She yells, "they have come to whisk my soul away from the land of the living! This is...the end for me. Oh, how I've only lived for seventeen years. I'm not ready! I'm not ready!"

Eventually, Ray knocked herself out from all that ranting but she was still alive. In hopes that the Church would arrive soon, I prayed that they find and recover her body. Leaving her there knowing that I did what I could, I continued to run. I knew I was probably going to die so what did I have to lose? Nothing. I would rather die saving Savior, the hope for the world's survival instead of doing nothing for my own selfish survival. But what can I do? Suddenly a voice rang in my ears.

"Conditions to Activate has been fulfilled." said a monotone female voice.

"What!" I exclaimed.

"I am the Combat AI, Iris. You have been selected as the owner of the Hero Game. Do you accept?" the voice continued.

"Where is this voice coming from?" I ask turning my head left and right. 

"I am here. On your neck." It said.

I glance down on my neck to find my necklace glowing. I could feel its glow pulsating against my chest.

"Grandpa's heirloom?" I furrowed my brows.

I remove the necklace and place it in the palm of my hand. My grandfather gave it to me before he died three years ago. It was a crystal with a string threaded through that it grandfather found and made into a necklace during one of his adventures to Niligo cave when he was my age. Grandfather plucked it off a bigger crystal and it has been his lucky charm ever since. I remember him telling me that it was special and when the time comes, it would guide me to an 'Answer'. Apparently now was the time when it activates.

With no time to think, I asked Iris,

"Can I save that girl in the wyvern's hand if I do?"

There was a small pause but Iris replied in its robotic voice.

"Of course, Healer Andrew."

"I accept! If it can save a life, I'm willing to sacrifice anything to protect it."

"Very well," Iris said, "Hero Game activated. Please look at your status for further information."

Suddenly a transparent holographic screen, almost like an RPG game, appeared in front of me. I was startled.

"Iris, can anyone else see this screen?" I asked.

"No," Iris said, "only the owner of the game can see the screen. the information you see right now is your current status or abilities. To the left of your screen, there is a list of Quests. Every time you finish a quest, you will earn a reward. Currently, you have one quest which is to save Eren Mandell. Quest Level: Difficult. Additionally, since you are the first owner of the game, you receive a complementary armor set. The set will be sent to the Game Inventory which is the tab on your right."

I press the Game Inventory tab and check out the armor set. When I pressed on its description, I was stunned.

[Silver Knight's Armor Set]

[Stats:

Attack: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Defense: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Speed: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Intelligence: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Wisdom: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Dexterity: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Mana: 10000000 (Purple-Gold Rank)

Abilities: [Restoration] Can restore anything back to its former state.

[Holy Light] Can cause critical damage if using a sword.

[Flight] With the invisible wings created by Hermes, one can soar the skies.

[Ultimate Defense] No spells nor physical attacks can affect the user.

[Growth][Passive] As the user gets stronger, so will the armor 1/2 of all stats will be invested into the armor. Skill can transfer to user when armor is not in use.

[Absorb][Passive] If the armor consumes weapons, armors, or monsters 30% chance user will gain one skill. Skill can transfer over to user when armor is not in use.

[Getting Stronger Every Day][Passive] When the user levels up a skill, all stats increase by 1.

Bonus: Multiplies the user's current stats by 10x and adds it on given base stats. 50% critical hit chance. Weapon can change form according to user's will. Weapon can multiply.

Next armor upgrade: Lv. 15 ]

Holy crap! I thought while rubbing my eyes. This Game is a freaking cheat.

Placing my hand on my chin, I check out my base stats. The results were pretty pathetic.

[Name: Andrew Halycon

Gender: Male

Age: 17

DOB: April 19th

Current Class: Healer  Hidden Class: Silver Holy Knight

Current Level: 1

Attack: 45 ~ 49 (Middle Green Rank)

Defense: 30 (Middle Green Rank)

Speed: 25 (Middle Green Rank)

Intelligence: 39 (Middle Green Rank)

Wisdom: 30 (Middle Green Rank)

Dexterity: 34 (Middle Green Rank)

Mana: 48 (Middle Green Rank)

Abilities/Skills:

[Basic Heal][Lv.5] Can heal minor wounds.

[Basic Mana control][Lv. 6] Can control mana to enhance a body part.

[Growth][Passive][Lv.Max] As the user gets stronger, so will the armor. 1/2 of all experience gained will be invested into the armor. Skill transfers to user when armor is not in use.

                   [Absorb][Passive][Lv.Max] If the armor consumes weapons, armors, or monsters 30% chance user will gain one skill. Skill can transfer over to user when armor is not in use.

                   [Getting Stronger Every Day][Passive][Lv.Max] When the user levels up a skill, all stats increase by 1.

System Extra: In the eyes of a Demon General you are nothing more than an ant.]

That last part...Iris you do not need to make that so blunt.

"My job as an AI is to assist you, my owner, and by being honest, I am simply performing my job," Iris spoke with that bluntness.

"Forget about it now," I yell impatiently, "Iris, how do I equip the armor set?"

"Just tap the icon in the Game Inventory and it will ask you whether you want to equip the armor set or not."

Following her directions, I switch to the Game Inventory tab and click on the icon. The system then asked:

[Do you want to equip this armor set?]

"Yes!"

5