Disciple
1.2k 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days were busy for the entire sect, Tian Wei, for the most part, had to go around greeting people. Although he was smiling on the outside, his eyes were dead.

 

Sadly everyone failed to pick up on it and assumed he just had a profound look.

 

Having finished his latest bout of going around and greeting people whose name he couldn’t remember, Tian Wei was currently in a courtyard that belonged to him.

 

“I hate this...but at least with this, I completed one of my missions, only one left...a disciple huh?”

 

[Quest Updated!

 

Mission 1: Get at least 1 Disciple [Bonus points will be awarded for quality and quantity of disciples] [Cultivators without enough talent cannot be taken as disciples]

 

Mission 2: Completed! [Bonus points will be calculated at the end of the mission]

 

Time limit: 14 days]

 

He had fully become a sect master yesterday, and the founder had already entered closed-door cultivation. Rolling around on the floor Tian Wei pondered over his next course of action.

 

‘I need to get a disciple as soon as possible, I can probably abuse my authority as sect master for that, but the problem lies in the ‘talent’ part. The system won’t allow me to accept a disciple who doesn’t have enough talent’

 

While he was deep in thought, one of the Elders came to visit him.

 

She was an extremely beautiful woman in her mid 20’s, With curves in all the right places which could be noticed despite her wearing her cultivator robes, her lilac hair perfectly framed her cute face that contrasted with her body, to increase her charms. Her jade-like skin seemed to almost glitter in the sunlight as she squinted her eyes coquettishly, it was by no means on purpose, it was just how all women who cultivated beyond the realm of foundation establishment were like.

 

Flaring her aura a bit she let her new sect master know of her arrival.

 

Tian Wei just groaned and opened the doors to his courtyard, allowing her entry. Properly getting into a sitting position he crossed his feet and adopted his profound look.

 

The Elder appeared in front of Tian Wei, cupped her hands and bowed.

 

“Elder Yan Xiang greets Young Sect master”

 

Tian Wei just nodded and motioned for her to sit across him, smiling slightly she did as she was told.

 

“What brings you here Elder Yan?”

 

She hid her lips behind her hand and giggled.

 

“Why? Am I not allowed to visit you?”

 

Tian Wei’s lips twitched.

 

One thing he was pleased with after coming here, was that the characters weren’t completely one-dimensional. That was always a plus on his books.

 

“Hmm, would you have visited the previous sect master like this?”

 

She giggled once more before answering.

 

“Surely not. I’m simply a maiden visiting a young man, surely nothing wrong with that, right?”

 

“And how exactly do you know that I’m ‘young’? I could be thousands of years old you know?”

 

 She just smiled and did not answer, she herself had no idea how old Tian Wei was, she did recall seeing the sealed off cave during her days as a disciple, but surely Tian Wei couldn’t be that old, he looked like he was around her age. If not a bit older.

 

Giggling once again she decided to change topics.

 

“One of the reasons I came to visit you today, was to let you know that we have a new batch of disciples coming in now. I wanted to ask if you were interested in taking a disciple yourself”

 

‘YEESSS, thank you, beautiful lady, you just made my day! I would totally hug you if it wouldn’t break character!’

 

Not leaking his inner thoughts one bit, he smiled mysteriously and nodded.

 

“I am, I would like to teach a disciple who I can leave my teachings and techniques to”

 

Yan Xiang smiled impishly and batted her eyelashes at Tian Wei.

 

“Would sect master be willing to take me as his disciple then?”

 

[Talent: Sufficient

 

The disciple must be at the Qi condensation stage or lower]

 

“I would be glad to, but you already have your techniques, learning mine would only slow down your progress. That’s why I intend to take on a disciple in the Qi condensation stage”

 

Yan Xiang pouted her cheeks and huffed away.

 

“Just say you don’t intend to, there’s no need to lie”

 

One of Tian Wei’s eyes twitched slightly.

 

‘This...is a flag isn’t it’

 

He was panicking inwardly, although he knew the exact words and actions to use. He didn’t believe he had the same level of charms and shamelessness as a protagonist.

 

So he just answered what came naturally to him.

 

“Nonsense, why would I gain from lying to you? Having a beautiful disciple like you would be every man’s dream”

 

...and he ended up spouting a line directly from an Eroge. Truly a weeb.

 

“Anyways, I will be off. I need to pick a disciple after all”

 

Leaving a mysterious smile he got on his flying sword and rushed at full speed to the ceremony to hide his embarrassment.

 

..Not knowing just what state he had left the poor woman in.

 

As he was flying across the skies, Tian Wei suddenly recalled valuable information.

 

“...This is the first time I flew ever since I came to this world”

 

Although he was going at speeds that only jets could dream of, he was strangely calm. And his body was perfectly fine.

 

“...Cultivation truly is mysterious, well that aside. This sect truly is big, it’s at least as big as a city back in my world…”

 

Despite its size, it took Tian Wei a matter of seconds to reach his destination.

 

...interestingly he forgot to withdraw his aura, and as a result everyone, including the elders, got down to their knees, with many of the new disciples having already fainted.

 

Tian Wei was inwardly cursing, but he maintained a dignified figure as everyone looked upon him as a God.

 

...which felt nice, and stroked his ego immensely, he admitted.

 

He looked upon the peasants gathered below him, his eyes glowing with profound light. A nice side-effect that occurred when he unleashed his Celestial Qi.

 

[Scanning Area for noteworthy talents…

 

Scanning…

 

Scanning…

 

1 result found

 

Displaying info of result]

 

Having already found someone noteworthy thanks to the system, he finally noticed the only figure who managed to stay not only awake but had only one knee on the ground.

 

Landing in front of her, he restrained his Celestial Qi.

 

[Name: Zhen Zhi

 

Race: Human

 

Gender: Female

 

Age: 15

 

Cultivation level: 1st stage of Qi Condensation

Constitution: None [Hidden]

Bloodline: None [Dormant]

Roots: Light (100%)

 

Cultivation Technique: None

Martial Arts Methods: None

Potential: Sufficient]

 

She was a young girl with silver hair and blue eyes, her face was cold without the slightest hint of emotions. If not for the sweat marring her face, he would have assumed she was completely okay.

 

“You...what’s your name?”

 

“Zhen Zhi…”

 

“Good, very good. From now on you are my Disciple”

 

Zhen Zhi’s face morphed into a shocked face slightly before she gave in to the pressure and fainted.

 

Tian Wei caught her falling body and left on his sword for his courtyard, and when his altitude was high enough, his face broke into a grin.

 

[Mission completed!]

 

Looks like, he would actually survive.

22