Enlightenment?
2.2k 14 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tian Wei laid on the floor as the gravitas of his current predicament finally hit him.

 

[Heavenly System points: 10,000]

 

The gacha was divided into 5 tiers.

 

Tier 1 costs 7

Tier 2 costs 70

Tier 3 costs 700

Tier 4 costs 7k 

And, Tier 5 costs 70k, and the first one he rolled on.

 

Of course, being the idiot he was, he didn’t even glance at the lower tiers, without even thinking about it, he rolled on the tier 5 once again. 

 

Each Draw consisted of 10 items and counting the first 10. He acquired a total of 20 items.

 

Not taking into account the first roll, and only looking at the latter 10.

 

“Really...I can’t believe I already got baited...rate up is a lie”

 

Of course, even though there weren’t any rate ups, he had to use the line used by all salty people.

 

With tears in his eyes, he looked over the results he acquired.

 

[LR’s: 1

SSR’s: 3

SR’s: 4

R’s: 2]

 

“Even though I know it's my own undoing...I feel so scammed”

 

Another line said by those who played a new gacha game for the first time.

 

But at least he was able to confirm one thing.

 

The first roll was simply a welcoming gift, he honestly doubted he would ever get a UR again, he cried at the unfairness of it all. 

Not knowing that even a SR rarity item would probably get him killed and robbed if people found out about it. 

 

He banged his head against the floor in an attempt to forget the fact that there even was a gacha option, and decided to focus on more important things.

 

He sat cross-legged on the floor with his hand on his chin as he pondered over all the things that have happened to him.

 

‘It’s been a few days since I came to this world. And my knowledge is pretty much close to nil despite the fact I transmigrated into the body of someone who was born and raised here. So I have to take a few gambles and depend on my knowledge of Xianxia’s in general.’

 

He briefly wondered what happened to the previous inhabitant of the body, but discarded that thought immediately. He was a sociopath erring on the line of a psychopath, to begin with. So he didn’t particularly care about the death of some random person he didn’t even know.

 

Unironically, of course. This was his body now.

 

‘Speaking of bodies, how did I even transmigrate here in the first place...I don’t remember dying...well then again. I don’t think anyone would remember dying, the last thing I remember though, was leaving from my university after my lectures were finished...after that its a blank’

 

Despite his best efforts in trying to remember, it was like he had no memories of that time. Shaking his head he decided to focus on future matters rather than the past ones.

 

‘At this moment in time, I have two major objectives. If the mission given to me by the system was any indication. One is to raise my disciple, the other is to raise the sect...and I’d probably die if I fail in either. So hurray for motivation’

 

While he was immersed in self-pity his divine senses alerted him to the presence of his disciple.

 

Quickly turning towards the door he pretended to be cultivating.

 

It wasn’t long before the quiet steps of his disciple resounded from just outside his room, possibly feeling nervous she just stood outside without saying or doing anything, so Tian Wei called out to her.

 

“There is no need to worry if you believe you are disturbing me. You are my one and only disciple, so I will always take time off from my cultivation in order to guide yours.”

 

Her body shook for a bit before she tentatively opened the door and slipped inside, clutching the Cultivation manual.

 

“Master...I sincerely apologise for bothering you...but may I ask for your aid”

 

Said Zhen Zhi in her ever so kuudere tone.

 

Tian Wei nodded and motioned for her to sit in front of him. Doing as she was told she kneeled in front of Tian Wei respectfully.

 

“What is it Zhi’er?”

 

Tian Wei was not certain in what context the ‘er’ was added to someone's name, but he had read enough Chinese novels to know that it might be used to express affection.

 

Zhen Zhi’s cheeks had the slightest tinge of red, while her face was still the same. But Tian Wei just accounted that to the temperature.

 

“Master, I’m having trouble understanding this phrase.‘one must first understand the dao root of the stars inside themselves’

 

‘A hard to explain question right from the start…’

 

Tian Wei nodded, seemingly being happy and explained to the best of his ability.

 

“All things in creation go through a cycle. A cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth. Stars are no different. The only difference is when a star dies. Its rebirth is much different than a normal one.”

 

Tian Wei touched his chest briefly than put it on his disciples head.

 

“Stars are what makeup me, you and everything else in this world. The death of a star is the birth of a world”

 

‘It’s probably not the time to tell her about the other possibilities. I’ll just wait till she comprehends it more’

 

Zhen Zhi’s eyes widened for a bit, but then she immediately sat cross-legged and started cultivating.

 

‘Eh…? Wait. don’t tell me!’

 

Using his divine senses, Tian Wei was immediately able to tell.

 

‘She really obtained enlightenment just from that…? Is she a protagonist or something’

 

[Due to your disciple gaining enlightenment for the first time from your teachings you have gained: 25,000 heavenly system points]

 

‘...I feel like I’m filling some sort of character trope here...but oh well’

 

Assuming that his disciple would take a while to cultivate, he also sat cross-legged and spread some Qi to his surroundings, to help his disciple. And to pretend he was cultivating.

 

‘Thank God I have the ability to sleep in any kind of position’

 

With that said, Tian Wei slowly drifted off to the land of sleep, not knowing just what was happening not only in his surroundings. But in the sect as a whole.

Sorry for the delay. was quite busy these past few days. I should update the next chapter for this within the next 3 days, and Generic isekai story after that

23