Ch. 31 Tooth bite
78 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gill――!!"

 

At the castle in Orleans, Jeanne, who had returned, calls out for Gilles.

 

"Ha! Gilles de Rais, here."

 

"I'm frustrated, angry! My intestines are boiling, about to be burned to a crisp! Do something, Gilles! Calm my anger!!"

 

Jeanne is raging with fury. Seeing this, tears well up in Gilles' giant eyes.

 

"What a tragic sight――to witness the excessive opulence of that golden king tarnishing the sublime black radiance――"

 

"That gilded one, that gilded one, that gilded one――!! How dare he mock the flag I raised――!"

 

"That dragon flag that I was so proud of...! That symbol that I created...! How dare him――!"

 

Flames dance around the area. The fire engulfing Jeanne swells and writhes.

 

"I've never been extravagant――I ran away from salvation――he said the white one is greater!"

 

"Jeanne, please calm down..."

 

"Shut up!!"

 

"Huh!?"

 

Jeanne kicks Gilles in the abdomen, causing him to collapse.

 

"Oh... Such a painful blow filled with hatred and humiliation... I've etched it in my soul..."

 

"Don't say disgusting things!! Oh, enough... enough!!"

 

She shouts while pacing around the room.

 

"I didn't lose!! I didn't run away!! I don't need luxury!! I am, I am, I am――!!"

 

"Oh, Jeanne..."

 

Rising to his feet, Gilles gently places a hand on her shoulder, speaking to her as if comforting a child.

 

"It's alright. It's important to let thoughtless insults flow away like a willow. If you take them to heart, any soul will be broken. In the midst of a storm, it's not the big tree that won't break, but the willow."

 

"But... that won't calm me down――!!"

 

"It's fine, Jeanne. You don't need to forget your anger or try to calm down."

 

"Slowly chew on it and let it permeate your being. The humiliation you received will become fuel, and the insults thrown at you will become your indignation, praising your brilliance. Understand, Jeanne. You are a dragon witch... an existence forgiven for hating and destroying everything. Feel free to act as you please. The unfairness you received is but a fleeting dream. Take a deep breath. Now, one, two, three..."

 

"...You're right."

 

As instructed, Jeanne regains her composure.

 

"I didn't meet anyone. The annoying golden one and even the increased me, it's all a dream, isn't it, Gilles?"

 

"That's right. Now, you must be tired tonight. Rest in your bedroom. I'll always be by your side."

 

"...I understand. I'll sleep. Goodnight, Gilles."

 

"Very well, sweet dreams, Jeanne――"

 

"Oh, did she fall asleep? The witch has."

 

Berserker Rider appears a few minutes later.

 

"Jeanne left for Salem with her red face and soul calmed by being stirred up. So, what is it? Do you have a message for me?"

 

"Oh, yes――there was a message and a suggestion."

 

"Really? What is it?"

 

"It says, 'Get comforted by your foster parent.'"

 

"――,――"

 

Gilles freezes. Every movement comes to a halt.

 

"...What's wrong? What happened?"

 

"...No, nothing. It's trivial. I will definitely convey the message."

 

"And the suggestion?"

 

"Oh, yes. ――Can you leave the pursuit of them to me?"

 

"What? You'll deal with those Masters?"

 

"Berserker Lancer and Berserker Assassin were hurt to the brink of sustaining their Spirit Origin. I think it will take time for them to recover."

 

"Besides... they're annoying, aren't they? Especially that gaudy gold one."

 

"――That's certainly true."

 

The abyss gazes back from Gilles' eyes as he looks at Rider.

 

"Jeanne's mental state is deeply wounded, and only you and Saber can move agilely at the moment... I need to replenish the Wyverns."

 

"――Can you handle it, Berserker Rider?"

 

"...Leave it to me."

 

"There's something I must say, after all."

 

...

 

"Oh my! This is unbelievable! The sky is so vast, and the moon is so close! It feels like we've stepped into a world from a picture book!"

 

Not long ago, a mysterious girl who introduced herself as Marie, along with two men, offered to accompany me.

 

...

 

"The storm-like king, Jeanne d'Arc, the miracle of Orleans! And the two lovely individuals! Would you mind listening to my story?"

 

"Hmm, acquaintances?"

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Marie! I really wanted to have a lot of conversations with all of you! I would like to share our stories in your secret place. Would you grant my request?"

 

"I am Amadeus. For now, we are not your enemies. I may have a suspicious identity, but I assure you that much. This one here is a scoundrel, and I am a smooth talker, though."

 

"Oh, Amadeus, that's mean! I'm just someone who loves everyone!"

 

"Another peculiar fellow has appeared, Master. The decision is up to you. Shall we take them along?"

 

"If they are not enemies, I think it's fine!"

 

"Then it's settled."

 

"Thank you! You, the storm-like king have an intriguing aura! I've become your fan! I'm happy to be with you!"

 

"My charisma can be intimidating. I do have a queen, though. Hahaha! Alright! Good deeds are hastened, let's set off!"

 

――I know it. That thing about being imaginary or something like that.

 

...

 

"Increasing the number of people in this household and exceeding the capacity of the iron steeds. While sealing my true power, let me show you my other leg!"

 

A golden ship with a futuristic design flies through the airspace where Wyverns are absent.

 

"Since the modification of the iron horse isn't ready yet, I'll just make an appearance. Behold closely! This is none other than the golden ship befitting the class of extravagance――the Vimana!"

 

Vimana. It dashes through with the speed of thought, expelling ether to freely traverse the sky, much like a ship.

 

Since it was impossible for Gil Gil Machine to carry Gil, Mash, Jeanne, and the two mysterious individuals, this ship was provided instead.

 

"Vimana... what a wonderful name! But... hey, hey, King of Heroes, surely you have something even more splendid, don't you? Is this sparkling boat merely a small part of your treasure trove?"

 

"Of course! My wealth knows no bounds!"

 

"Oh my...! I would love to see more and more of your treasures!"

 

"Marie, please stop. This person is the limitless one."

 

"Isn't 'limitless' a bit rude? Amadeus? You should properly address him as 'Your Majesty', it would be impolite not to."

 

"Very well, I shall permit it! Your voice is pleasant to my ears!"

 

"Oh, I wonder if I've been acknowledged by the king too? It seems those who have it, have it after all."

 

"We're flying!"

 

"Yes, senpai! The ground looks so far away!"

 

"You all..."

 

"Let's save the discussions for after we land, shall we?"

 

"I'd be delighted if we could get along, Jeanne d'Arc!"

 

"Then let's go! Master! Are there any shiny black fighters around? No? Alright, take off!"

 

――The lively ship sped through the distant night sky.

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

4