Ch. 33 Promise
77 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the night forest, the space was filled with silence as everyone slept.

The King of Heroes, however, was awake and lying in a hammock, using it as an opportunity to stay vigilant of the surroundings. Today, since he relied heavily on his vessel, he tried to rest a little, allowing half of his thoughts to sleep. Currently, it felt like he was just observing and listening to his own mouth moving and talking.

He refrained from doing unnecessary things, as he wasn't very good at enjoying himself. When it came to how he would spend his time with nothing to do, he, who had no clear identity, couldn't decide.

"Hmm, this reminds me of the time I ran around Uruk. The moon is slightly hazy, but it's a good night."

The vessel let out some feelings.

――He felt the same way. He didn't particularly like battles. He wouldn't hesitate to protect what he wanted to protect, but he didn't feel the desire to harm enemies for the sake of it.

Instead, spending peaceful times like this was much better. The night breeze brushed against his cheeks. It was a wonderful leisure time.

"There should have been a wine that suits this kind of moon..."

The vessel tried to take out the wine.

――His durability was astounding. Despite going through such a grand performance, it seemed like it had no effect on him at all.

――He didn't like the taste of alcohol, but he enjoyed drinking it during these peaceful moments.

Drinking a cup in the morning, feeling the touch of nature... it was truly delicious.

"Moon-viewing wine... How refined of me. If I dare to be extravagant, I'd want someone to pour it for me, but well, let's not go there."

――Out of gratitude, he wanted to offer a candidate, but unfortunately, as a soul, he couldn't make it happen.

All he could do was not disturb the King of Heroes...

"If, King of Elegance? If you're okay with it, could i be your company?"

A voice as splendid as a flower called out.

"Ohoho, it's Marie! I happened to see you at this late hour."

"Queen. What's the matter? Need to use the restroom?"

"No, I was just talking with Jeanne and the Master until a moment ago, but everyone fell asleep. However, I couldn't contain my excitement about making new friends..."

"I see, looking for someone to cool down your heated body. It's quite interesting that you chose me."

Though it sounded lecherous, he was glad to be the one keeping the lonely vessel company.

"I grant you permission. Come closer."

"It's an honor, King of Elegance!"

――Let's enjoy some wine together.

...

"So, you know what the people in the fortress were saying? They were helped by a golden traveler! The king's party received medicine and drove away the dragon. If there's such a wonderful person, it's only natural to want to meet them, right? So, I dragged Amadeus around and searched for them!"

"I see, they desired our companionship. I merely acted on my whims, and it happened to help the people. That's all there is to it."

Marie laughs cheerfully, while Gil smiles proudly. It's a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere.

"What a lovely time! I wish it could last forever! To be with a gallant king like you, it's like becoming a queen! I told the same thing to Jeanne, hehehe. I'm so happy! Even after death, I get to have these irreplaceable moments. Isn't that a happy thing?"

"It's just a dream in the end. As a pastime, being a party involved occasionally is not bad. I'm mainly just killing time, you know."

"Is that so? ...Hey, it's my turn now, isn't it?"

"What?"

"Hey, King of Elegance. I want to hear your story. Master and Mash told me with sparkling eyes about your exploits."

――He feel relieved. In the eyes of Mash and the Master, Gilgamesh, the vessel, isn't disliked.

"Do you want to become my storyteller? You truly are a naive girl."

"Do you dislike that idea?"

"Hmph. I suppose I've had enough alcohol, and letting my words slip is also amusing."

"Then tell me, the words of the king!"

"Yes!"

***

After that, they talked about various things.

Being summoned.

Fighting against Servants.

Almost dying.

About Chaldea, Master, Mash. Roman and Olga Marie's matters...

In a short time, it seemed like they experienced many things. Various memories came to mind.

"And so, Chaldea became the second Uruk."

"Well...! It sounds like such a wonderful place! People and facilities, a shining place, Chaldea...!"

"Of course, I supervised it! Now, there's no place more magnificent than there. It's my gorgeous stronghold!"

Haha! The vessel laughs heartily. Starting with expressing her dissatisfaction, she ends up laughing.

――He behaves as he pleases, causing a commotion and bringing happiness to those around him. That's the mirthful king he is.

"Wow, it's absolutely wonderful!... Do you think I can go too?"

"Hm?"

"I also want to go to Chaldea! I really do!"

――He wondering. If she a Heroic Spirit, she'll surely respond to the summon...

"That's up to you. First, you have to survive this Singularity. Chaldea doesn't invite just any first-rate Heroic Spirits. I'm not familiar with impostors; they are inconsequential."

"Can I do it...? Well, I have confidence that I won't lose when it comes to sparkling."

"Enough with your boasting; your attacks won't work. ...But well."

He clinks his glass.

"――Perhaps, you might be invited to be my night guest. At that time, with pride in your chest, respond to the summons and attend. I shall permit you to visit Chaldea under my name."

"――Thank you! King!"

――Something soft touches his cheek.

"――"

"――Ah, I'm sorry, King! I just have this habit of kissing people. It was rude, I apologize."

――The intentions behind that action are unclear.

"Hahaha! A reckless girl! Did you catch me off guard with a kiss? I'm one point down!"

"Did you not like it...?"

"No, it's a drinking party, so let's be informal. Keep this a secret from Master and Mash, alright? I'll add it to the '108 Scenarios for Saber to Perform' chart later."

"Well, it's your concubine! Someday, please introduce me to her too?"

"Fine. Don't faint at the beauty of my bride, okay? Fuhahahaha! It's a delightful night! The alcohol is delicious!"

――The king knows the expression 'a castle in the sky,' right? King of Heroes. If you're too presumptuous, you'll get a scolding, you know?

"Yes! I'm so glad I was summoned! I'm proud to be the same hero as the glamorous King! From tomorrow, I swear to do my best for justice!"

"Good, go for it! I forgive everything! Because I'm glamorous! Fuhahahahaha!"

――The king's laughter echoed in the darkness of the night.

――However, the peaceful night came to an end.

"!"

"――An enemy attack? Looks like there are Servants too."

"I'll wake everyone up!"

"Be quick. ――Well then, it's time for work."

――Honestly, the King of Heroes should have rested. After moving around so much and then another battle, it's too much busyness.

――But he can't run away from his mission.

"I don't know what kind of mongrel it is, but let's scatter them with ease."

――This is also a part of his journey.

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

4