Ch. 39 Dignified figure
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Releasing treasures

Simultaneously, with a time lag, set up precisely, sometimes haphazardly

Releasing treasures

Swords, arrows, spears, axes, halberds, beams, bullets

Releasing treasures

On wings, chests, bodies, necks, claws, arms

Releasing treasures

Surrounding, from the front, from behind, from above, from below

Releasing treasures

All of them are the bane of evil dragons

The legendary source of fantasy that heroes will wield in the distant future

Releasing treasures

With all of them, we will strike down Fafnir!!

"Kuh!! What are you doing! Strike him down, Fafnir!!"

A massive arm swings.

I won't allow it. Adjust the trajectory and knock it down with my hammer.

The tail comes at me with a swing.

Useless, I'll whip it away.

It tries to take flight.

You won't escape. I pierce its wings with my spear.

I'll preemptively crush what Fafnir is about to do――!

"I admire its incredible toughness. Dragon-slaying may be effective, but unless it's dragon-slaying weaponry, it won't get through properly.――I suppose I'm at a disadvantage too."

Unleashing Noble Phantasms and adding more gates of treasures.

"No matter how much I fire, it won't be decisive.――Alright. I'll add more Noble Phantasms. It's a little extra service. Tremble at my generosity."

Adding 50 more gates. A barrage of treasures surrounds Fafnir.

A torrent of carpet bombing hits Fafnir. It won't reach the source of life, but it should weaken it.

"No way...! Your treasures are bottomless――!?"

"They certainly are. There is indeed a bottom. The time to reveal the bottom of my treasury is when humanity spits out possibilities and stops evolving."

I stands firmly with my arms crossed, responding.

"That's the time for human judgment.――Well, it seems that time is still far away."

"What, what...! Don't mess around!! Why, though!"

Gritting her teeth and biting down fiercely, Witch Jeanne clenched.

"Why me, Fafnir, like this... Gilles said it! I'm invincible! He told me to act as I pleased! Why...!!"

"It's mainly due to poor handling. Dragons are originally meant to attack armies and cities. Or to guard treasures――that's why their immense size and vitality become threats."

Grabbing my sword, i throws it at Jeanne.

"Even dragons would be confused if they were told to trample on such insignificant beings.――I was amazed that a country girl knew anything about strategy――but I guess my eyes are also clouded. Just showing off the toy you begged for and being proud of it. It's laughable."

"Ugh!"

Jeanne pushes the sword away with her flag. Her face is either red or blue――I can't tell.

――I still don't understand good and evil. To understand that, I lack everything.

Still――it seems that the heart and feelings to mourn for the lives that have scattered are definitely there.

For now, that's enough. It's enough if I understand that much.

――Know it even in the smallest measure, Dragon Witch.

"Ah――however much you put on airs, you are nothing but a country girl――"

You must understand the preciousness of those you have taken from――

"There was an unbridgeable gap between me, the magnificent king, and you! To rely on a dragon, what a mongrel, no, a top-notch fool! Ishtar, are you watching? You two must get along so well! Let your excuses bloom! Hahaha!!"

The value of the people you've taken away――!!

"――King of Heroes, aaahhhhh!!!"

Jeanne, with her hair standing on end, draws her sword and releases it.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill you, kill youuuu!!!"

"Hahaha, let's see you try. You must be grinding your teeth because you can't do it, you brute."

"What about you! What about you! You can't do anything without your treasures! Even with your treasure's little extra――!!"

"The usual phrase of losers without any treasures. I have the qualification to possess treasures, the wisdom to assess their value, and the soil to produce them."

――That's right. That's my power, my privilege.

I only treasures valuable things. An insight and wisdom that won't be deceived by counterfeits even once. To properly judge those who produce.

That tremendous perspective is――the power of this hero!

"That's why my title is the King of Heroes.――Now, let's have a show. Entertain me with your inadequate brain. One-sided trampling will bore the audience."

I deliberately ease my grip. It's to load the Noble Phantasms to counter the next attack.

"Fafnir!! Release your breath――Incinerate!!"

Flames leak from Fafnir's mouth, and the heat expands.

"Finally showing your true colors, huh? It must be tough with a poor master. You lizard. You seem to get along well with the Bull of Heaven."

"Release――――!!"

The released ultimate flame, a fearsome breath that would burn souls upon direct impact, an unparalleled exhalation.

――I won't let it pass through. Of course, I'm prepared.

Snap, I snap my fingers.

――A massive wall adorned with elaborate and luxurious patterns rises, completely intercepting the breath.

"――Nonsense――!! Fafnir's breath――!?"

"This is a divine artifact dedicated to the primordial mother. An imitation of the nature that separated heaven and earth. To break this, you'll need a weapon with the power to divide the world."

After completely blocking it, I retrieve the wall.

"A breath like a gentle breeze won't even pass through me.――You escaped by a hair's breadth, country girl."

Countering, I activate the Noble Phantasm.

"If I hadn't been indulging in my time-wasting, you would've lost the dragon already, right?"

"――Nonsense, this is――nonsense."

Jeanne is at a loss for words.

――I understand, but seeing her shocked expression with the same face and voice as Jeanne... it's a little... painful.

However, the Dragon Witch's ordeal did not end.

"――It's been a while, Fafnir."

"――!!"

A magnificent voice resounds.

"That is――could it be!?"

"I apologize for the wait, Gil!"

"Very well, I'll allow it. If you've found a treasure, that's excellent. It seems it wasn't a downfall like dealing with a mimic."

The Dragon Slayer――introduces himself.

"――Hear my name in the azure sky! I am Siegfried!! The one who buried the resurrected evil dragon――!!!"

――Here, Martha's prayers have taken shape――

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

3