Ch. 40 Sorry
230 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Form Change! Magic Garment!' Skill activation, transfer of spiritual particles!"

Activating the Form Change Ring, the effect of the magic garment transfers magical energy from the Master to Siegfried.

"Sorry. I appreciate your generous support."

Siegfried bows politely to Master.

"What? A Servant as worthless as you... Soldiers! Protect Fafnir!"

Corpses pile up, and numerous soldiers are created.

"Can he fight? His body looks worn out...!"

"You claim to be the King of Heroes they speak of. I am Siegfried, a Heroic Spirit originating from the myths of the Nibelungenlied. Impressed by your Master's plea, I have entrusted this sword to you."

With a snap, he readies his large sword.

"I cannot say if I can match your efforts, but I will do my best."

Siegfried holds his towering sword in the Eightfold Truths stance.

"Hmm, your skills are befitting of the grand title of Dragon Slayer. Undoubtedly, you are a Saber-class Servant."

Impressive. This is the true aspiration of the top-ranked Saber class.

"It's been a while, Fafnir."

"!!"

The soldiers trying to get behind him――

"Nuuh!!"

In an instant, he turns his body, grabs his opponent in front of him, and crushes them with the technique of splitting bamboo.

"You seem quite concerned about your back. Could it be a curse you don't want to be touched by? How ironic, it's just your back."

He jokes with a cynical smile.

――He's a good person. Somehow, that's how I feel from his reaction just now.

"I'll explain the details later.――You've been quite a handful for us, Fafnir."

"!!!"

Siegfried's words and actions suggest a connection. Perhaps, as expected, he and Fafnir are both from the same mythology.

"I don't sympathize with you. In any era, there's no way you would appear as anything other than an evil dragon.――That's why."

After crushing the last soldier, he positions his large sword in front of his chest.

A tremendous surge of magical energy――it's the sign that the Noble Phantasm is being activated...!!

"In any era, you and I――will fight with all our might!!"

The embedded gems and stones begin to shine. The twilight-colored magical energy fills the surroundings.

"'True Ether's radiance...! Amazing! Can that sword produce the energy of the lost ages?'"

"'Mash! For safety, protect Ritsuka!'"

"Yes!"

"――The evil dragon has fallen――and the world is now in dusk――!!"

"Ugh! Ascend, Fafnir!!"

"――Shoot it down!!"

――At the same time as Fafnir avoids the trajectory, the energy expands to critical mass.

"Hmm."

With composure, he calmly observes. This is the moment of release!

"――'Phantasmal Greatsword, Balmung'――!!!"

Aether of twilight color is kneaded, and it is released from the sword, swallowing everything on its trajectory.

The unrivaled radiation continues to extend.

"Aaahhhh!"

"Senpai! Don't leave me!"

"'What power is this――!!'"

The surroundings are ravaged by a storm. It gains momentum, power, and a mass of tremendous quality blows everything away!!

".... Sorry. It seems I missed."

Fafnir manages to escape just in time. The witch Jeanne watches him begrudgingly.

"――Dragon Slayer... and the King of Heroes...!!"

"――Fafnir, prepare yourself. No matter where you are, I will surely end your life."

Raising his sword high, the Saber known as the Dragon Slayer speaks.

"In killing dragons――no one stands beside me.――Be assured that evil dragons will be purged――!!"

"Yes, that's right. For now, wash the lizard's neck and wait."

"――Kuh...!!"

Fafnir flips around and flies away.

... It seems the greatest threat has been somehow repelled.

"Your skills and tactics were indeed witnessed thoroughly.――It was worth acquiring them at any cost."

"――... Yes. I hear you. There was once a holy woman who gave me hope, even when I was losing myself."

――It's Saint Martha. She is still firmly alive in Jeanne's heart.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble... and... thank you..."

He drops his sword with a clank.

――What's wrong...!?

"It seems to be a curse. It requires thorough investigation."

The vessel murmured, seemingly to no one.――

...

"――I can't afford to hesitate anymore...!"

Retreating, Jeanne groans.

"In that case, we have to act before we're taken down――! Lancelot! Sanson!"

"――"

"Yes, we'll pursue them."

"Yes, that's right! Protect Fafnir... Protect me!"

"――So it seems. Let's go, Black Knight."

"――――arrrrr!!!!"

"At last, we meet again――Marie..."

(Gilles, Gilles... tell me... what should I do...!?)

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

5