Your head shall find its due
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Between his fingers. Rufino is being held proficiently. Blood runs through Dimas's hands, but his fists never let go. 

" See Rufino... A worthy battle... " None is around but his enemy. None to hear his words. his broken spear starts to carry weight.

"... Eager, are we??, don't worry I promise you... Your head shall find its due... Before I fall... ”

His steps were tired, Rufino did what it knows best, weight grows on Dimas's arms, a burden it was to any normal soldier but rage fed their will, the hounds are ready to challenge, The Fool's envoy.

The broken shaft barely gave the hound a length he was trained to use spears under. An even length of wood and steel wasn't idle, the added weight made the burdens worse but He won't break an oath. 

As curtains of nerves fall, the dance began. The razor-sharp talons of the creature's thin leg rose to shred Dimas. 

He, however, doesn't step back. These cursed things used to be feared, used to be devourers.

The man saw no tomorrow, dashing in, he cared lil for his body. The talons Went through his breastplate, slashing deep through them. Even the Under chainmail armor, barely showed any resistance. Any ugly scars and A flow of red run out.

The man's red hot blood covered the creature's talons, he could smell it, his life essence spelling out and since he did, so they were. 

An ecstasy filled the Fool's envoys. What's a better way to start their feast than fresh blood? 

Yeah, as they seeked his blood, he didn't shy away from offering it. While enriched by his dying and mocking his last Momentale. 

Rufino's body was sent flying, thnx to side-stepping a bit, the momentum from the creature's slash helped. A power was there to attempt an empowered attack. Launched toward the creature's skull.

Dimas's suicidal advance gave his collision much-needed power, but the creature sobered fast enough to dodge the man's Flying spear.

 The sharp metal smacked the left of the creature's skulled head. A moment of pain and confusion overwhelmed the creature, followed by another unworldly shriek and tiking. 

Not from Dimas on the ground, not by his confused foe. The creature turned to see one of its companions, Falling. The creature was smart. it knew the mortal used it. The confused Envoy has much of the contribution as the man and his spear.

Not an alien to the sight or smell of death, The Fool's envoy saw his very kind come to an end. A broken shaft was visible as the head found its due. Through another Envoy's skull, Rufino greedily dug deep.

Now it was the creature's turn, Fury overwhelmed, as it turned around to face The fallen Dimas under it. The skull rose high, and Shriek and tiking came out from its beak. In less than a second the high skull descended on Dimas.

Aiming to shred his gut and hung him from his testicle, the Fool Envoys always knew how to cause walking men to suffer. The creature's beak went past all metal, shredding flesh and bone.

' ... Useless... ' as desi tried to spit curses, the wraith halted. 

' ... Cough... ' blood filled his air pipes and a taste of rust filled Dimas's tongue.

The envoy's sharp beck found its target so did Dimas' cutlass. Its scrape was emptied in less than a second. The cutlass was prepared to harvest one more life. 

As a soldier he knew the creature's ugly taste, it only required a lesser of a push from him the very victim run into its death.  impaled deeply in one of its sockets. Beyond a dark fog that kept many wrong things.

The creature didn't even have a moment to grasp its looming doom. The remains of a shattered cutlass and minced arm went through its eye socket and beyond. It seeked the man's life, and the man again managed to claim a life of their own.

Normally an injury of such caliber would heal with time. Regenerating an eye wasn't an issue to The Fool's envoys. But the creature's hard skull, their trademark. The nightmare of countless walkers was preached twice in a row.

A creature out of walker horror, the fool Envoy is dead and the irony of this is the killer. a man nailed to the very ground by The skull beak. The supposed meal is the winner of their spare didn't share any joy.

Surprisingly Desi ugly words didn't shower Dimas, he was sure the wraith was trying to not shape any praise. But to this dying hound, he knew. His mentor's silence was praise on and in itself.

Dimas had no such illusion. Seeing his crashed stomach, minced hand, and ruined chest of his, this can barely be called a tie. 

His view is foggy, he is barely capable of hearing the closing vindictive creatures. Taking a glance up at the big skull nailing him

' Is this how it looks up close? '. his killer looked big and he had to wonder

' how a bloody skull could look ugly!! '

' scary son of a bi*** '.

The Pig priest will lach at him for all disrespect.

But as many decaying bones hang down from the creature's feathers, Dimas trained eyes took notice. 

The small thing kept swaying left and right for a bit before it gave up. Falls on the skull, then slides till the metal body collides with his shredded breastplate and rests on his bloodied chest.

How much a chain linked to rusty metallic  Medalion could be of worth to a dead man?

The man moment draws near. Closer to death, he was calm, something reached to him. The lil thing on his chest felt heavier with every breath

 later It carried the warmth, he longed for and a weight he fought with. His bloodied hand moved. Something possessed him, something called for his attention.

As he reached for the medallion. His fingers grasped the warm, heavy thing. He didn't feel whatever crawled into him from his mince hand.

'... D... ' not even whatever Desi was eager to say. Death was close why should he care.

 A metal cover in blood rested in Dimas palm while his last breath came out.

0