Chapter 104 “Unexpected Re-encounters” Part 5
77 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello everyone! How are you?
I hope you are having a nice holy week. 
I inform you that next holy Friday there will be no chapter and we will see each other again on April 1st.
I hope you enjoy your mini vacations


Chapter 104

“Unexpected Re-encounters” Part 5

 

“I’m already level ten!” Celebrated the young tank.

[You have gained 1 experience point!] x2

“... Eh... good for you..." replied Kalysto, not knowing what else to say as Rita slipped an arm under her armpit and helped her up. They both looked at each other in silence for a moment and smiled at Koden’s competitive attitude, even under the situation they were in. “Rita, I need you to time the next ten minutes. Could you do that for me, please?”

“Of course.”

“Now, let’s run to where the enemy is. Burn everyone from the middle to the far right. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“... Are you sure you’re up to that?” She asked her with concern stamped on her face.

“Do we have any other choice?” She answered instead, still feeling the holy water working to heal the damage the excess mana had done to her body. She looked up, turning her attention back to the large orc warrior with the scar on his face. Who still seemed to be holding something in his hands, but his skin was paler than hers.

Eagle eyes! She thought and looked curiously at a crystal sphere between the orc’s hands, similar to the one a gypsy would use to read fortunes at a fair. The center of the crystal seemed to glow, but its light grew dimmer and smaller.

So it wasn’t a spell he was casting... Is that what allows him to open a portal? She was filled with yearning.

And immediately she wanted to get it for herself.

Encouraged by the possibility, she ran towards the wave of monsters that had already begun to break through the empty spaces between the ones she had frozen before. She left behind Koden, who was still running from one figure to another as he decapitated them, trying to move up a level faster.

When she was two meters away, she began to conjure.

“Ice creation!” She stopped and kicked the ground. A layer of ice formed around her boot, and Kalysto concentrated on sending more mana towards her foot, rapidly spreading the ice and freezing everyone in her path. A thick layer of ice completely covered forty monsters in an instant. Then Kalytso started running again, going around the thick wall of frozen bodies so she could continue attacking the rest that were still missing and used all the skill her body and stats allowed her to jump from one body to another.

[You have gained 20 experience points!] x40

And as she did so, the huge figure of a wyvern flew towards the orc.

“No, not that! Don’t think you’re going to get away that easily!” Kalysto muttered, increasing her speed.

With annoyance she watched the wyvern descend, one of its hind legs grabbed the weak body of the orc, who now seemed unable to support himself, but still did not drop the crystal sphere that glowed faintly in his hands as very slowly the portal began to close.

“Ice stakes! Telekinesis!” Three ice stakes were suspended in the air just in front of the summoning circles that were drawn in front of Kalysto’s right hand. “Duplication! Duplication! Duplication! Multiple targets! Perfect shot!” Then she threw them, two at the hobgoblin, piloting the wyvern, one at the winged animal’s chest, and the rest at the orc.

But things did not go as she thought.

The hobgoblin extended his magical staff, erecting a shield that protected him and the wings of the wyvern, who immediately took flight, several meters beyond what Kalysto’s skill could cover, deflecting its initial targets.

But still, all was not lost.

One of the stakes pierced the wyvern’s hip, another one of the legs, while another pierced the orc’s thigh, and another, his hand. Unfortunately, that did not cause the orc to drop the summoning crystal. Instead, it caused it to raise its eyes in fury, stare at her and summon one last creature by way of farewell.

A demon just over five meters tall with blue skin emerged from the portal, which vanished soon after, as if it had lost all its strength after vomiting up the last monster.

And as the demon, with two black horns and a crystal on its forehead, set its two feet on solid ground, the hobgoblin swung its staff twice. The first time, nothing happened, but the second time, a soft gust of wind drifted to where Kalysto stood.

“Until we meet again next time” and then the same voice whispered close to her ear, just for her, “champion of the fairies... If you and your party manage to survive this encounter, of course” a mischievous smile spread on the old hobgoblin’s face before the wyvern’s figure was lost in the thick clouds, taking them far away from there.

“How on earth...?” Kalysto worried and her face lost all color. But a moment later, a loud growl escaped from her throat. “That doesn’t matter now! Ice daggers! Ice manipulation!” She roared, slitting the throat of an orc that lunged at her, followed by another.

[You’ve gained 20 experience points!] x2

And as she did so, in the distance, she could hear the shouts of soldiers.

“The monsters are reviving! The saintess has betrayed us and is reviving the enemy!” shouted one.

“Don’t be an idiot! That’s an army of undead! And it means there’s a necromancer nearby!”

Kalysto jumped, dodging the spear of another orc, and took advantage of his new position to cut a panther in half. And though she wanted to turn to look at what those two were shouting about, she was too busy to worry about that.

[You’ve gained 20 experience points!]

She leapt over the creature’s corpse, gaining a bit of height and bouncing off the head of another orc before leaping over another and snapping it in half.

[You’ve gained 20 experience points!]

The orc whose head she had stepped on kept running down the street, and she let him pass.

I’ll let the boys take care of him! Kalysto thought, cutting off the heads of two more panthers.

[You’ve gained 20 experience points!] x2

But before she could kill another monster and get even closer towards the blue demon, it growled something unintelligible and a wave of ice spread across the ground freezing monsters, buildings and everything in a five meter radius around it.

Damn, I definitely want that skill! And hoping that it would also have a waiting period before activating again, just like she was having it happen to her. She forgot about the rest of the monsters and ran with all her might to where the demon that a sphere of fire had just smashed into its ugly face was.

“Get back! That’s mine!” Kalysto shouted at whoever the fire mage was who was trying to snatch her prey away from her.

The blue demon growled, focusing on the group of mages fighting the fire demon, ignoring Kalysto’s approach as he prepared another attack on his new foe.

Kalysto leapt over the ice spikes the blue demon had created and when she was within three meters of her prey, she stood in the middle of two ice spikes.

Inventory! She thought and pulled out a mana stone, a bit smaller than the one she had absorbed a few minutes ago and after letting out a deep breath, to give herself courage, she exclaimed:

“Absorb!”

[Does the user wish to absorb this mana crystal?]

[YES/NO]

Yes! she thought.

[Congratulations! The user has acquired 3000 MP!]

She immediately stretched out her arms, touching a different peak with each hand.

[Warning! The user has acquired too many MP and has exceeded your body’s capacity to hold them! Creation of a Mana circle is recommended to increase your capacity!]]

Ignoring the notification, she sent most of her mana to each palm and conjured.

“Ice Manipulation!” While the blue demon was busy throwing ice spears at the court mages fighting the other demon, Kalysto transformed all the ice she had created earlier, turning it into two huge spikes, one that pierced through the demon’s stomach from the front, and another that pierced half of its chest from behind.

The demon roared and turned its head to meet Kalysto’s green gaze.

[Warning: an unknown entity has attempted to disable the passive skill Mental Defense!]

[The passive skill Mental Defense has withstood the attack: ‘Demonic Fear’ and is still activated]

What the hell are these monsters made of that they can survive almost anything? She thought with annoyance as she watched the blue blood flow down her enemy’s wounded body.

“Ice daggers! Ice manipulation!” She squealed, and leapt over an ice spike, then jumped to another and another until she quickly reached the one she had created to pierce his chest from behind. She ran and jumped again until she reached the back of the demon’s neck, who launched another mental attack towards her.

[Warning: an unknown entity has attempted to disable the passive skill Mental Defense!]

[The passive skill Mental Defense has resisted the attack: ‘Demonic Fear’ and is still activated]

The notifications stopped as soon as Kalysto cut his neck.

[You have gained 10000 experience points!]

[You’ve leveled up to level 24!]


Do you want more?

You can read  36 chapters ahead for $10 here!   (Will increase to 40 in the next days)

Read 20 chapters ahead for $5. 

And 10 chapters ahead for $3. 

https://www.patreon.com/ArawnDragon

Thanks for your support!

If you like this story please follow it, leave me a review, and add it to your favorites. That way I can attract more readers :) Thanks!

See you later!

3