Chapter 121 “At the gates of the tower.”
36 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone.
Thank you very much for your good wishes, I feel a little better today.
I hope you enjoy today's new chapter and you know, if you want to read more chapters or support my work, you can subscribe to my Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/ArawnDragon

Have a nice weekend.

See you later!


Chapter 121

“At the gates of the tower.”

 

As soon as the soles of her boots touched solid ground in the middle of the only half-cleared area she found near their two targets, Kalysto released Rita, depositing her on the ground carefully before blocking the sword attack of an eager hobgoblin.

She then kicked his head, throwing him to the ground before slashing his neck with a smooth motion of her modified daggers.

[You’ve gained 1 experience point!]

Kalysto narrowed her eyes and frowned at how little experience these monsters were giving her.

At least with the elves, the experience was good. She remembered with regret, noting not for the first time, the large difference in point points given by the monsters accompanying the orc, compared to the amount of points she normally got in the human realm and got from the monsters coming out of the portal of whoever it was that was attacking the elves.

It almost made her want to face that strange dark mana tentacled portal again.

Almost.

[You’ve gained 10 experience points!] x3

She rolled her eyes as she saw what was sure to be the experience points shared with Oscar, Koden and Edward, after leaving the wolf pack semi-frozen and ready for them to cut off their heads.

Definitely very little experience.

Rita cut off the arm of another hobgoblin, while Kalysto cut off the body of another while watching the group of guards accompanying the two warriors, which she had not seen before in her eagerness to locate them in the crowd.

[You’ve gained 50 experience points!]

Annoyed at the slight delay in her plans, she threw a punch against the jaw of another hobgoblin and that of a nearby wolf, turning the handle of her daggers so as not to hurt herself. And while the wolf didn’t die, the hobgoblin did.

[You have gained 50 experience points!]

“Inspect!” she whispered, watching the seven knights accompanying their prey. Several windows opened to her left as the wolf stood up, dazed after being hit. “Seriously, how high is the resistance of these things?” She complained. “Ice blades!” she attacked his eyes. “Perfect aim! Ice arrows!” she added, piercing his chest.

[You’ve gained 20 experience points!]

[You’ve gained 10 experience points!] x4

Rita launched a fireball after finishing off another pair of wolves.

Kalysto then checked the stats of the knights before they both started to slowly approach them.

[Name: Jhoeb

Race: Human

Level: 35

Class: Warrior

HP: 2,000/2,800

MP: 0/0]

[Name: Ahor

Race: Human

Level: 32

Class: Warrior

HP: 1,800/3,000

MP: 10/10]

The rest of the knights who had the emblem of the Duchy of Brincy emblazoned on their cloaks ranged from level 35 to 27, while those who served the king hovered between level 15 and 25.

“Damn it!”

“What’s wrong?” Rita hastened to ask in a whisper, approaching her as she launched a flare of fire at several wolves in front of them.

“There are at least four of them that are over level 30. We need to get them away.”

“Do you want me to take care of them?”

“No," she answered immediately, doubting that she was really capable of killing them despite the hatred shining in her eyes. “Let’s wait a few minutes for your skill to cool down and get close to the other two without arousing suspicion…As long as we are close enough I can erect a wall of ice to keep us away from the others while you do your thing and I’ll take care of the monsters,” the fire mage nodded her head while cutting off the head of another wolf. “And Rita?”

[You have gained 10 experience points!] x6

“Yes?”

“I can’t give you much time. I must erect a wall high enough to keep them away, but that will raise the suspicions of the wizards and give them our location.”

[You’ve gained 40 experience points!]

Rita frowned, not liking what she was hearing as she watched Kalysto punch and cut several monsters in half.

“Let it be as it must," she replied and threw a fireball at another of the many hobgoblins surrounding them.

Almost five minutes later, when they had finished with almost all the monsters that surrounded them, while on the side of the mages and where the warriors were, the monsters increased.

“Perfect aim! Ice stakes!” Kalysto muttered, piercing the torso of one orc, followed by another. “Rita, on your right!” she whispered.

[You’ve gained 40 experience points!]

[You’ve gained 30 experience points!]

Rita immediately ran in that direction, sending a fireball into the head of another orc that had been about to kill one of the two warriors that had killed her father.

“Thank you!” Enho shouted, tired from all the fighting.

“Don’t thank me," growled Rita as she fought off a hobgoblin with her sword.

“What the hell are these two heroes doing here? Shouldn’t you two be with the court wizards for protection?” shouted one of the duchy knights as soon as he saw them. “Go back to where you came from! We don’t have time to babysit you!”

And without the knights noticing, Kalysto pulled a small mana stone from her inventory, at the same time the mighty roar of a wyvern shook the earth.

Everyone, including the monsters, turned to look at the entrance of the tower where the huge, dark-skinned creature now guarded the entrance.

“Shit!” Kalysto muttered, realizing that now she not only had to find a way to get rid of the knights and the monsters so she could escape with the boys, but also now she had to worry about that thing.

And inadvertently, her gaze strayed to where she knew the orc that had nearly killed her before she got to Elinor was. A surge of rage swept over her and she could feel her blood heat up.

<<We should kill him!>> Persephone whispered in her mind, and a shiver went down her back as she realized she had lost control and again she could hear her. <<Stop being a scary little mouse! Let me out and I assure you, that lizard is nothing before me!... Let me out, and I’ll get rid of your enemies for you!>>

“Come on, Kalysto, focus! Absorber!” She scolded herself under her breath.

[The passive skill Mental Defense has been activated.]

At what point did it deactivate? She worried.

Several violet-colored windows flickered in front of her, distracting her.

[Does the user wish to absorb this mana crystal?]

[YES/NO]

Yes! she thought.

[Congratulations! The user has acquired 8000 MP!]

Immediately, Kalytso kicked against the ground and taking advantage of everyone’s little distraction with the impressive winged beast.

“Mana manipulation! Ice creation!” She muttered, creating a huge, thick wall of ice that surrounded them and hid them from the sight of the others, leaving only a group of fifteen ogres, the two warriors they were looking for, herself and Rita inside.

[The skill Ice Creation has level up to level 12!]

“Now!” she shouted to the fire mage as she jumped on the nearest ogre and buried her pair of daggers in the eyes of that monster that screamed in pain after the assault.

Two orcs came to the aid of their wounded comrade as, out of the corner of her eye, Kalysto watched Rita throw a fireball at the two armored knights.

Leaving the daggers buried in the orc’s eyes, Kalytso jumped just in time to evade the second orc’s blow, and as soon as she landed on the ground, she conjured:

“Perfect aim! Multiple targets! Ice stakes! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” Then she threw an ice stake at the first orc, another at the third, and another at one farther away. Piercing the head of the first two and the chest of the last.

[You have gained 40 experience points!] x3

“Ice spear! Perfect aim! Multiple targets! Telekinesis! Duplication! Duplication! Duplication!” Then she repeated the same strategy as before, but this time she was able to pierce the two orcs with just one of the spears. “Rita, hurry up! We’re running out of time!” She shouted, seeing that the fire mage had only been able to wound one of the knights, burning his arm as she engaged the other.

[You’ve gained 40 experience points!] x4

“But what the hell are you two doing?” grunted the lower level knight. “You’re supposed to be attacking the monsters’ pair of idiots, not us!”

“Me?" replied Kalysto, putting on her best angelic good girl expression. “I’m just helping a friend carry out her revenge against her father’s murderers.”

Both men’s faces lost all color.

“What, are you crazy? Do you know what the king will do to you when he finds out about this?”

“We were only following the king’s orders! It’s not our fault! We’re innocent!” the other one assured them, with his arm burned.

“Innocent? My father was innocent!” Rita shouted, throwing another arrow of fire at the warrior in front of her, who this time could not avoid the attack and the arm holding our sword was burned. “You could have refused to kill my father, but you chose to follow the orders of a stupid fool!”

“Perfect aim! Multiple targets! Arrows of ice!” said Kalysto, firing at the legs of both knights and preventing them from escaping. “Mana sense!” she muttered, extending her mana and sensing what was going on around the wall. “You have less than a minute Rita, Milo is already on his way along with the rest of the mages!”

“Shit! Fire creation!” Rita shouted, pouring all her mana into burning alive the two men who had dared to harm one of her little family members. Now, all she had left was her mother.

And while Rita carried out her revenge, Kalysto got rid of three more ogres.

[You have gained 40 experience points!] x3

Thick tears bathed the fire mage’s face as she ran out of mana, and the screams of those human-skinned monsters she had heard a few days ago as they mocked how easy it had been to get rid of her father flooded her ears.

To the point where she hadn’t even heard Kalysto scream.

“This is all the time I can give you!” she said to her as she grabbed her by the waist and jumped with her to the edge of the wall where she could clearly see not only Milo and the other court mages running towards them, but the rest of the heroes as well. “Ice manipulation!” She conjured and touching with her free hand the ice wall she modified it, transforming the lower part of the wall into spikes and sharp stakes, piercing the bodies of dozens of monsters that were nearby.

[You have gained 40 experience points!] x3

[You have gained 20 experience points!] x5

[You have gained 10 experience points!] x10

[You’ve gained 30 experience points!] x7

Even though the wall that held them was getting thinner and thinner, it could still support the weight of both of them and Kalysto could see that very close to Milo and his group, who were fighting against the monsters to get closer to them, the orc with whom she had a debt pending was killing the knights she had left outside the wall.

“I got you!” She muttered as she jumped in the orc’s direction. “Drink your mana potion!” She reminded to Rita as soon as they hit the ground and immediately took out another mana crystal from her inventory.

Absorb!

[Does the user wish to absorb this mana crystal?]

[YES/NO]

Yes! she thought.

[Congratulations! The user has acquired 4000 MP!]

“Ice blades! Ice stakes! Ice daggers!” She conjured, but before she could get to where he was and attack him, Milo appeared out of nowhere and grabbed her by the waist, teleporting her to the entrance of the tower where several wizards and warriors were fighting the wyvern. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Let go of me at once!”

“Saving both of your lives!” Milo growled as he ran towards the entrance of the tower with both of them, carrying Rita against his shoulder and Kalysto by the waist.

Dashing through the entrance of the tower was like stepping through a waterfall of icy water. And as anger seized Kalysto for having lost the opportunity to finally face the cursed orc, ignoring that the rest of the heroes were already inside the tower along with two more knights. She placed her palms on Milo’s unsuspecting face, at the same time the wizard released them.

“Sleep well! Sleep well!” She angrily conjured, as she unloaded half of her mana into her attack.

 


Do you want more?

You can read 39 chapters ahead for $10 here!   

Read 20 chapters ahead for $5. 

And 10 chapters ahead for $3. 

https://www.patreon.com/ArawnDragon

Thanks for your support!

If you like this story please follow it, leave me a review (if it's an advanced review the better), and add it to your favorites. That way I can attract more readers :) Thanks!

See you later!

4