Ch: 4 [Who is Batman?]
1.8k 5 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood there, bewildered and disoriented, raindrops mixing with the dirt on my face. The sight of the gravestones around me sent a jolt of confusion through my mind. How did I end up here? What's going on? This place... it's a graveyard. Why am I in a graveyard?

Fuck, fuck, fuck! I can't waste my time here. I have to kill that bastard All for one before he recovers. Damn it! I tried to get out of the grave, only to stumble down on the muddy ground. A sharp pain shot through my head.

I winced, trying to shake off the pain. My mind felt clouded, memories of my previous life and the battle with All For One blending with the present confusion. I clutched my head, trying to make sense of it all.

"No, this can't be right," I muttered to myself, trying to gather my thoughts. "I was just in the middle of a fight... with All For One. But... But... What are these new memories?"

The rain continued to pour down on me, soaking my clothes and adding to the overwhelming sense of unease. I staggered to my feet, my body feeling heavy and unresponsive. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked around, searching for any familiar landmarks or clues that might explain my situation.

Then, my eyes fell upon the gravestone closest to me. The name etched onto it sent a chill down my spine—Travis Evans.

I touched the name engraving, "Travis Evans!?" A familiar name. Where have I heard this name before? Fuck! My head! Can't remember. It's all hazy.

"Let's go to the roof. There's no one here."

"What? Are you crazy? The roof?"

"Yeah... The roof. It'll be nice and quiet... Like that time when we were kids."

This is amazing!"

"Yeah... This is what I wanted... To feel alive!"

"Do you know that the day I met you, it was raining?"

Arggg! What are all these memories? Who is this girl? I... I can't see her face...

I tried to piece together the fragments of memories flooding my mind. Travis Evans... It was my name. Yes, I remember... It's my name. But why did it sound so distant, as if it belonged to someone else? And who was that girl in the memories, the one I couldn't see clearly?

Frustration mixed with confusion, and I tried to shake off the overwhelming emotions. "Focus, Travis! Focus!" I told myself, trying to regain control of my thoughts. "Need to find a way back. If I don't return, that freak is gonna escape again."

Gritting my teeth, I stood up. Rainwater dripped from my hair and ran down my mud-covered body, but I didn't pay much attention to it. My priority was to figure out what had happened and how to get back to the battle with All For One.

Huh? Ah! Crap! I am naked. Need to find some clothes or else people will chase me and think of me as a maniac. I searched around the graveyard, hoping to find something, anything that could cover me up. Among the gravestones, I spotted a small shed, and with my heart pounding, I rushed towards it. The door creaked as I opened it, revealing some old gardening tools and a pile of discarded clothes. It seemed like a place where the caretakers kept their supplies.

Thankfully, it was better than nothing. I quickly rummaged through the pile, eventually finding a t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and a pair of old boots. I put them on, making sure not to look at myself in the mirror. The rain was getting stronger, and my mind was a whirlwind of emotions and conflicting memories. I wanted to go back to the battle and stop All For One, but how could I, if I couldn't even figure out what had happened?

As I was trying to figure out a solution, I heard a loud bang, like a gunshot. It was followed by a series of muffled shouts. What the hell was going on? Were there other villains around, perhaps looking for me?

I wanted to dash toward the place where those gunshots came from, but my power... I can't feel it anymore. It's faint but its there but my connection is severed. Something is wrong. Why can't I use my power?

My power was 'All Reversal'—the ability to reverse any attack, no matter how powerful or whatever type it is, against the opponent. Physical attack or Quirk attack was nothing but useless. I could use it to turn bullets back onto the shooter. Or it could even be used to reverse the explosion of a nuclear bomb. The possibilities were endless, and the plus point was that no one could steal my Quirk away from me. All for One once captured me and tried to steal it, but it backfired on him. The second time he tried was just in the last battle.

I am 100% sure it again backfired on him. My reversal Quirk reversed the effect of his Quirk stealing ability and dumped a shit ton of Quirks into my body. So, I could easily say that the amount of Quirks I had in my body was incomparable to the number of Quirks All For One had.

But now, I couldn't even use even a small part of them. My body felt heavy, and the mental strain of the battle was starting to take a toll on me.

"Fuck, what the hell is happening?" I muttered to myself. "Am I hallucinating? It doesn't look like it. How the hell did this happen?"

"I will kill you!" I heard a man shout, interrupting my thoughts. "I will kill you, bastard!"

A couple of more gunshots rang out, followed by a loud thud. The sound of the rain and thunder drowned out the voices.

I silently followed the voice. It was just in the alley outside the cemetery. I peered around the corner, and my eyes widened in shock. A man in a black suit and cape is fighting eight thugs on his own. It's too dark to see it clearly, but judging by the way he is countering and dodging the fucking bullets, one would think he has a Quirk, but his movements...

My experience tells me he is just a human in a mask. But how is he able to move that fast, even with his Quirk? How much has he trained his body to do those acrobatic moves?

"Back to back, guys... We are gonna kill Batman tonight and bury him in the graveyard... Take out the new rifles we bought."

Batman? What a weird name. But I am impressed by the way he is utilizing the darkness as a means of concealment. This is interesting. Let's see how he counters them, now that they are in a circle, standing back to back.

Wait! I can see in the darkness. I must have retained some Quirks. I have no idea what's going on, but it seems that something is interfering with my power. I can feel it now, but the feeling is too faint. Maybe it will come back soon, if now, I have no idea what to do next or how to go back to my world. I just hope they are holding on...

[Sizzzle!] Suddenly, Batman released a gas grenade. The gas created a large cloud of pungent smoke, which made the thugs scream. They quickly covered their eyes, and Batman took advantage of this moment. He dashed towards them, and one by one, he knocked them out, punching their faces hard enough to break their bones and teeth.

Soon, in a blink of an eye, all the thugs were on the ground with broken faces and some bones.

Batman tied them up and left them there. Then he got on his weird-looking bike, turned back, and looked at me for a moment, after that he zoomed away without a word.

"Where the hell did he go?" I muttered to myself.

I can hear the siren of a police car a few blocks away, so I decided to move before they find out. Batman, huh? He seems like a vigilante, fighting crimes from the shadows. Maybe he knows something or might be able to help me out. I have to find him, but right now, I have to find a place to rest the night.

*****

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 6 chapters ahead⭐

(No double billing) (Pat reon chs are bigger than here. Here I divide the ch into 2 parts.) (Check author's thoughts at the end to track chs.]

**Enjoy 7 day free trial on Pat reon. Join now and read advance chs for free.**

Ch: 4 [Full ch]

82