Ch: 26 [Gordon]
733 10 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Jim?" He said, "You look like a mess. Come on in."

Gordon entered the house with a nod of gratitude. "Thanks, Andrew. It's been a long day. You know how it is."

"Tell me about it," Andrew replied, leading Gordon into the living room where the rest of the family was gathered.

Travis's mom and Sarah exchanged a glance, their curiosity piqued by the unexpected visit. Gordon was a familiar face, known to them as a long-time family friend and a respected police officer. He had been a part of many of their family gatherings over the years.

Travis used his super speed to dash into his room to avoid any unnecessary troubles. He can't let him see his face.

Gordon entered the living room, his tired gaze meeting those of Travis's mom and Sarah. His presence brought a sense of authority and seriousness to the room, immediately shifting the atmosphere.

Travis's dad greeted him with a handshake. "It's about that murder, isn't it?"

"Yeah, Andrew. Last night we found three dead bodies in the construction area, shot dead, and now six more dead bodies with exploded chests," Gordon replied, his tone somber.

Andrew exchanged a concerned glance with his wife. "That's... horrifying. What kind of person could commit such acts?"

Gordon sighed, running a hand through his graying hair. "We're still trying to piece it all together. It's not every day we come across something like this. The brutality of it is... unsettling."

Travis's mom spoke up, her voice laced with worry. "Is there any lead? Anything that could help you find who's responsible?"

Gordon's expression grew grim. "Right now, we're working on gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses. But it's a complex situation. There's no clear motive, and the pattern of these killings is... disturbing."

'So, they found the goons I killed at the construction site,' Travis thought.

"It's not another one of those cult, is it?" Sarah asked.

Gordon sighed, his fatigue evident in his voice. "We can't rule out anything at this point, but it's certainly a possibility we're considering. The level of violence and the apparent lack of motive suggest that this could be more than just a random act."

Andrew leaned forward, his expression serious. "Do you think the city is in danger?"

Gordon hesitated for a moment before answering. "I won't deny that this situation is concerning. We're putting all available resources into investigating these cases and ensuring the safety of the citizens. But until we have more information, it's hard to say for sure."

Travis's mom glanced at her husband and Sarah, her concern evident in her eyes. "What can we do to help?"

Gordon offered a small, appreciative smile. "Right now, the best thing everyone can do is to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the police. We're doing our best to get to the bottom of this, and any information from the community could be crucial."

The atmosphere in the room was heavy with the weight of the conversation. The mention of multiple deaths and the apparent brutality of the crimes had cast a shadow over the household, leaving everyone on edge.

"Oh, by the way, Lara, can you fill this up with coffee?" Gordon said, handing Travis's mom a thermos he had brought with him. "I've been running around all night, and I could really use a caffeine boost."

"Of course," Lara replied with a nod, grateful for the opportunity to do something tangible amidst the uncertainty. She headed toward the kitchen to fill the thermos with coffee.

Gordon turned his attention to Travis's dad. "Andrew, do you mind if we step outside for a moment? There are a few more things I'd like to discuss."

"Sure thing," Andrew agreed, standing up from the couch. He exchanged a quick glance with his family before following Gordon out of the house.

[Outside]

"That's not all, is it?" Andrew asked.

Gordon's weary expression remained as he glanced at Andrew. "No, it's not. I'm here as a friend as well as a police officer. I trust you, Andrew, and I need to talk to you about something off the record."

Andrew's brows furrowed in concern. "What is it, Jim? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Gordon took a deep breath, his gaze steady. "It's about Travis."

Andrew's eyes widened in surprise. "Travis? What about him?"

He hesitated for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "There have been... unusual reports. Sightings, if you will. People claim they've seen someone who looks strikingly similar to Travis."

Andrew's heart raced, his mind trying to process the implications of Gordon's words. "Sightings? But that's not possible. Travis... he's..."

Gordon nodded, his expression grave. "I know it's hard to believe, but these reports have been consistent. People describe someone who matches Travis's appearance. And then there is that incident with his grave."

After a pause, he continued, "Andrew, I am asking this as your friend, not a police officer... Do you know anything about this?"

"I... I don't know what you're talking about," Andrew finally replied, his voice tinged with unease. He couldn't bring himself to admit the truth, especially when the consequences were so unclear.

Gordon's gaze remained steady, his eyes searching Andrew's face for any signs of deception. "Andrew, I've known you for a long time. I can tell when something's bothering you. And right now, something is definitely bothering you."

He sighed heavily, feeling the weight of the situation bearing down on him. "Jim, you have to understand, it's complicated."

Gordon's expression softened, his tone empathetic. "I get it, Andrew. I know that you're a protective father, and you'd do anything for your family. But if there's something you're not telling me, I need to know. This isn't just about your family anymore. It's about the safety of the city. Travis's appearance and then all those murders..."

"I assure you the deaths of the homeless people have nothing to do with me," Travis walked out of the front door with the thermos.

Gordon turned to face Travis, his expression a mix of surprise and concern. He took in Travis's appearance, his brows furrowing as he noted the familiarity of the features and the subtle differences that set him apart.

"Travis?" Gordon's voice held a mixture of disbelief and astonishment. "No, you look older. But this uncanny resemblance..."

"Well, I just arrived yesterday and rumors have already started," Travis chuckled shaking his head, "And now you are trying to connect me with murderers. Come on officer, I don't think it's a crime to take a stroll or come to visit a friend of mine. Oh, I am Travis Taylor..."

He extended his hand toward Gordon.

Gordon stared at Travis for a moment, clearly taken aback by the situation. He hesitated for a brief moment before shaking Travis's hand. "Travis Taylor, huh? You certainly have a striking resemblance to someone I know."

Travis's dad stepped forward, his expression a mix of concern and caution. "Jim, let me explain."

Gordon held up a hand, his gaze shifting between Travis and Andrew. "Hold on a second. Let's take a step back here. Travis, you say you just arrived yesterday? And you're claiming to be Travis Taylor?"

Travis nodded, his demeanor calm and composed. "That's right. I know it's a bit strange, but it's the truth. Their son's name was Travis Evans and I am Taylor."

Gordon's expression was a mix of skepticism and curiosity. He seemed torn between his experience as a police officer and his understanding as a family friend.

"This situation is... baffling. The resemblance is uncanny," Gordon said, his voice serious.

"Yeah. I know. But what can I do? It's a God-gifted face. And that look on your face says I just crawled out of the grave and standing before you. Travis Evans died of cancer. And a dead man can not come back to life," Travis said with a gentle smile.

Travis's words carried a weight of truth, and Gordon's expression shifted from disbelief to a more thoughtful consideration. He seemed to be processing the situation, his trained instincts battling with the unconventional nature of what he was witnessing.

"Haaa. Sorry about that," Gordon shook his hand, "The almost same face and name made me a bit suspicious, but yeah, you are right. He died that day."

He turned toward Andrew.

"Sorry about that. For making things uncomfortable..."

"Hey, it's alright. You better take some rest. You are killing yourself by drowning in your work," Andrew said with a worried expression.

"Yeah... Yeah, just need to see the forensic reports," Gordon replied, "Well, be careful out there..."

He finally left.

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon.

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 19 chapters ahead⭐[Exclusive NSFW contents] [No double billing]

https://ko- fi.com/unknownxc

36