Ch: 53 [Rescue]
318 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travis wasted no time. His instinct as a Hero kicked in, and his body moved on its own before he could even realize it. He jumped down the balcony and dashed toward the aliens with super speed. His enhanced vision allowed him to perceive every detail in this slowed-down moment.

The first Xenomorph, a grotesque creature with elongated limbs and a menacing exoskeleton, was charging towards the fallen woman. Travis materialized a katana with a swift summoning motion. The blade appeared in his hand in an instant.

In a flash, he lunged at the creature, the blade slicing through the air with precision. The katana cut through the Xenomorph's head, cleaving it in half before the creature could even comprehend the threat.

The green acid blood splattered everywhere. His katana melted instantly.

Without hesitation, he somersaulted towards the second Xenomorph, summoning a scythe into his other hand. Time crawled as he swung the scythe with perfect form, severing limbs and disabling the creature before it could react.

Then, with an upward swing, the second alien got slicked in half.

The severed halves of the second Xenomorph fell to the ground with a sickening thud, green blood oozing out and hissing as it made contact with the pavement. Travis moved swiftly, his heroic instincts guiding his every move.

The third Xenomorph let out a guttural hiss of rage and charged at him.

He threw the melted scythe and summoned a spear. Then jumping back a few steps, he aimed it at the alien.

The alien jumped in the air. Its jaws open, revealing its inner jaw, which extended forward.

Travis, with impeccable aim, hurled the spear through the air as the Xenomorph leaped toward him, its inner jaw snapping forward in a deadly strike. The spear pierced through the creature's open mouth and continued through its skull, emerging from the back of its head.

The alien let out a shriek of agony as it was impaled, its momentum carrying it forward for a few more feet before it collapsed to the ground, lifeless. Green blood oozed from the fatal wound, sizzling as it came into contact with the pavement.

"Summon, shotgun," He summoned a shotgun and looked around for any more troubles.

The fallen woman he had just saved was still on the ground, trembling with fear and shock. He approached her cautiously, his heightened senses alert for any signs of danger.

"Hey, it's okay," Travis reassured her in a calm voice, his shotgun at the ready just in case. "You're safe now."

The woman, her eyes wide with terror, slowly nodded. She seemed to be in a state of shock, unable to speak. Travis extended a hand to help her up, being careful not to touch her without her consent.

As she took his hand and stood up, her voice quivered as she finally found her words. "Th-thank you," she stammered, tears streaming down her face. "I thought I was a goner."

Travis gave her a reassuring smile. "You're welcome. Just stay close to us, and we'll get you to safety."

"I-I need to get these medicines to my sister. I..." She tried to walk, but her legs gave out and she stumbled.

"Wow! Careful," Travis swiftly caught the woman as she stumbled, offering her support. "Easy now," he said gently. "We'll make sure your sister gets the medicine she needs. Just lean on me, and we'll get you to safety."

With the fallen woman supported by Travis, they made their way back to the apartment. Max, the loyal dog, was guarding the door. He started wagging his tail, seeing him enter the room.

As they entered the apartment, Sarah and Travis's parents watched with concern. Sarah rushed forward to help, her worry evident in her eyes.

Sarah and Lara helped the girl to sit on the sofa. Andrew offered her some water.

Alison was looking outside the balcony with a binocular, "Those coward bastards." She cursed as she caught a glimpse of the patrol soldiers hiding in the next building like a coward, witnessing the incident without even trying to lend a helping hand.

The survivor, still shaken by her encounter with the Xenomorphs, took a few deep breaths, trying to regain her composure. Travis stood by her side, his shotgun still in hand, keeping a vigilant watch over the surroundings.

Sarah and Lara, with their soothing presence, tried to comfort the woman as best as they could. "You're safe now," Sarah said softly, offering a reassuring smile. "We're here to help."

Andrew, visibly disturbed by the state of the city, approached Alison, who was keeping an eye on the outside. "What's the situation out there, Alis?" he asked, his concern mirrored in his voice.

She lowered the binoculars and turned to face him, her expression grim. "It's chaos," she replied, her tone laced with frustration. "The military and law enforcement seem overwhelmed. People are panicking, and the Xenomorphs are spreading. It's like a nightmare out there."

"Don't you find it strange that no one is trying to find a solution to this? It's almost 3 weeks... What the hell is the government doing? With their number increasing..." He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"The heroes are spread thin. It's not only Metropolis or Gotham that's affected. Last week my sources informed me that the army was holding the borders to prevent these freaks from escaping," she replied as she sat on the couch, "That was a week ago." She sighed.

Travis kept his attention on the fallen woman, concerned for her well-being. "What's your name?" he asked gently, trying to divert her thoughts from the horrors she had witnessed.

The woman wiped away tears and finally managed to speak. "I'm Emma," she said, her voice still shaky. "My sister, Lily, she's sick. I needed to get her medication, and those things attacked me."

"Is she alone at home?" He asked with a concerned expression.

"Mom went for a business meeting... She was supposed to come back, but this happened and her flight was canceled, and I... I don't know what to do. I asked the patrol officers for help, but they never came back. So, I had to go out... And she is all alone at home," Emma explained in a shaky tone.

"Give me your address," He asked Emma.

She provided him with her home address, and he immediately memorized it. He knew that they needed to get Emma's sister, Lily, to safety as soon as possible. Travis turned to Sarah and his parents.

"I will get Lily," he said in a serious tone. "Emma, you stay here with my family. We'll bring your sister back safely. Max, guard the apartment."

Max barked in acknowledgment, understanding his role as guardian.

Travis summoned guns and armor for his family.

"Use them if something happens," He said.

"That's a handy skill you got there," Alison walked over and picked up a handgun, "I know you are strong, but keep an eye out there... And stay safe..."

"I know you will go like you always do at night even if we tell you not to," Andrew said as he gave a light slap on his back, "Make sure to kill as many of those bastards as you can out there and come back safely."

Every night when everyone fell asleep, Travis would slip out of the apartment and kill the Xenomorphs around their location to keep it safe. He did all he could while protecting his family.

"Go and save her, son," Lara said with a smile, hiding her fears of seeing her son getting hurt outside, but she knew that once his mind was made up, nothing would stop him, besides, he was doing something good in these dark days. She was proud of her son.

Travis nodded, "Hey, you all worry too much. Don't worry, I will be careful."

Sarah, her eyes filled with worry and love, stepped forward and planted a gentle kiss on Travis's lips. It was a silent plea for him to return safely, a reminder of the bond they shared amidst the chaos surrounding them.

"Go," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath, her fingers tracing a reassuring touch on his cheek.

----

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing: If you join on the 10th, you'll be charged on that day, and then monthly on the 10th. So, you get a complete 1 month, no matter the date you join.]

Batwoman coming soon...

13