Ch: 58 [Kate Kane]
203 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travis took a deep breath, attempting to steady his racing heart and control the whirlwind of emotions that threatened to consume him. He couldn't afford to lose control, not now, not when he was so close to his family, who depended on him to be their protector in this unforgiving world.

With each step back to his apartment, he fought to regain his composure. The weight of the recent events bore down on him, the adrenaline slowly subsiding, replaced by a sense of heaviness and introspection. He knew he needed to be strong, not just physically but mentally, for the challenges that lay ahead.

He reached the apartment door and pushed it open, the sight of his family and Alison waiting inside grounding him. The atmosphere inside had changed since the altercation with the officers. There was a palpable tension, but also a sense of relief that they were safe for the time being.

Travis glanced at Alison, her expression reflecting concern and understanding.

"Everyone alright?" Travis asked.

Inside the apartment, Travis's family, Sarah, Emma, Lily, and Max were all gathered, their faces filled with a mix of worry and relief upon his return. Alison, standing by the door, nodded in response to Travis's question.

"Good... good," He took off his shoes, and walked toward the bathroom, "I will take a bath."

Travis's family and the others in the apartment nodded in acknowledgment, understanding the need for him to take a moment to himself. The events of the night had taken a toll on everyone, and a moment of solitude could provide some much-needed respite.

As he disappeared into the bathroom, the others exchanged glances, their faces still etched with tension and unease. The world outside had become a nightmarish place, and each passing day brought new challenges and dangers.

"Well, let me whip out a nice dinner today," Lara's attempt to lighten the mood with the prospect of a comforting meal was met with nods of appreciation from those in the apartment. The idea of a home-cooked dinner provided a sense of normalcy amid the chaos of their current reality.

Alison in the meantime cleaned up the bodies from the stairways and dumped them back in the alley with Andrew's help.

Emma and Lily were sitting close to each other, holding each other's arms.

Sarah showed Batwoman her room.

"You are bleeding!" Sarah noticed the flesh wound on her stomach. It looked like a bullet wound that grazed passed the gap in her armor.

Batwoman winced as Sarah pointed out the wound on her stomach. She had been so focused on the situation outside that she hadn't fully registered the pain until now. She placed a hand on her abdomen and nodded.

"Yeah, it's just a flesh wound," she replied, her voice strained. "I've had worse. I appreciate your concern."

Sarah gestured for Batwoman to sit down on the bed, "Stop acting tough." She quickly retrieved a first aid kit from a nearby cabinet. "Let me take a look at that... I may not be a doctor, but I think I can patch it up."

She appreciated Sarah's care and willingness to help. She nodded and began to remove her armor and clothes, leaving her in her undergarments. Her red hair spilled out from under her cowl as she carefully took off her costume, revealing a few other minor scrapes and bruises she had accumulated during her encounters with the Xenomorphs.

As she sat on the bed, Sarah started to clean the wound with antiseptic, causing Batwoman to hiss in pain. Despite the discomfort, she remained still, knowing that it was necessary to prevent infection.

"You're lucky it didn't hit anything vital," She commented as she worked, her tone gentle and reassuring. "But the wound is too large... I... It needs stitching..."

"Stitching sounds good," Batwoman replied, trying to maintain her composure despite the discomfort. She appreciated Sarah's care and knew that getting the wound properly treated was essential for her recovery.

Sarah nodded as she continued to clean the wound carefully, "Alright, I'll do my best. It won't be the neatest job, but it should hold."

With steady hands, she began to stitch up the wound, her movements precise and deliberate. Batwoman gritted her teeth and focused on her breathing, trying to distract herself from the pain as each stitch was pulled through her flesh.

Once the stitching was complete, Sarah covered the wound with a clean bandage and secured it in place. She looked at Batwoman with a reassuring smile. "There, all done. You should be okay, but take it easy for a while. I will change the bandage in time to prevent infection. I will ask Travis to bring some more medicines in the morning. Meanwhile, take these..."

She gave Batwoman a bottle of painkillers.

She accepted the bottle of painkillers with a nod of gratitude, appreciating Sarah's care and expertise. As she prepared to leave, she hesitated for a moment. The events of the night had been intense, and in this moment of vulnerability, she decided it was time to reveal her identity.

With a sigh, she reached up and began to remove her mask, revealing her face for the first time to Sarah. Her red hair spilled out, and her green eyes met Sarah's gaze.

"I guess, I can't keep on hiding my face," she said, her voice soft and sincere. "My name is Kate Kane, but you can call me Kate. Thank you for your help, Sarah."

Sarah smiled warmly, her eyes filled with understanding and acceptance, "It's nice to meet you, Kate. And you're welcome. We're all in this together now, trying to survive in this crazy world. If you need anything else, just let me know."

After she left the room, Kate slumped back on the bed with a heavy sigh.

Her thoughts raced as she replayed the events of the night in her mind. It wasn't just the danger and the violence that had her heart pounding; it was also the unexpected tingle she felt with Sarah.

As she reflected on their brief interaction, Kate couldn't deny the tingle of attraction she had felt when Sarah was tending to her wound. It wasn't just the physical closeness, although that was certainly a factor. There was something about her caring and gentle nature that had drawn her in.

'Am I really thinking about this now?' Kate mused, feeling a mixture of confusion and amusement at her own thoughts. In a world where survival was the top priority, personal relationships and attractions felt like a distant luxury. 'The way she looked at him... I think she is close to Travis. But...'

She thought for a moment, 'I think I like her smile...'

Kate's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions as she lay on the bed, her gaze fixed on the ceiling. The chaos of the outside world and the intense events of the night had stirred something unexpected within her. In the midst of survival, she had found herself drawn to Sarah's kindness and compassion.

'I have never felt this way... What's wrong with me today?' she wondered.

Her mind was a maze of questions and uncertainty, her thoughts bouncing from one possibility to another. It wasn't just the chaotic world they were living in that made everything complicated. It was this newfound feeling that had emerged amidst the chaos.

She had always been certain of her sexual orientation; she had been in relationships, known what she liked, and what she was comfortable with. But encountering Sarah was like stumbling into uncharted territory. It was as if the world had shifted its rules and pushed her to question the foundations of her identity.

'Haaa... Dang! I have fallen for her at first sight,' she thought with a smile. 'She is so cute and caring. I can't get her out of my mind.'

She turned her face toward the glass window and looked outside.

The night outside was dark and unforgiving, the moon casting eerie shadows on the desolate streets. The world had changed so drastically, and every decision, every moment, was now a matter of life and death. Kate couldn't help but wonder how her world had come to this.

'Why did it have to be like this just when I found someone I like... Well, I think she is with him, but there is no harm in trying... Humm... Won't I become a homewrecker then?' She narrowed her brows and bit her lips.

She closed her eyes, "I guess I will just ask him about his relationship with Sarah in the morning."

---[NO YURI> Don't worry. Maybe a threesome in the future.]

If you want to support me check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

As of now, Pat reon is 14 chapters ahead⭐[No double billing]

---

11