Chapter 14: Theoretical Power
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

===================================================================================================

 

(Third Person POV)

(OPM World, A-City)
(On top of the association building.)

 

A-City. Once, it was one of the safest in Japan. Now, it's a literal ruin. Hundreds of buildings and houses are destroyed. The cause of it? It's simple. A fighting maniac alien overlord wants to find a suitable opponent. And where could he find one? A-City, Earth. The home for the hero association's building. Some S-class heroes fought a monster with astounding regeneration speed below the alien ship. The others decided not to join the fight and chill in the building. And the rest, two S-class heroes, are seen on the association's skyscraper roof. One is a child and one is a buffed black man. Not to be racist, but the man looks like that one black buffed man showing some pride with his buffed muscles.

 

Inside the spaceship, thousands and thousands of alien grunts are stationed in their barracks. Some are resting, some playing with others, and the rest are ordered to do a task. It's either janitor tasks or actual grunt tasks.

Suddenly...

*NGEEEEEEEEEENG!*

 

An abrupt silence entered the room, silencing everyone.

A green orb resonates through the entirety of one barrack. Everyone stops anything they do and stares at the orb. Most of the grunts aren't wary, but some who have some experience know this means an intrusion. The experienced grunts slowly prepare their weapons. The fresh newcomer saw their senior act and followed them. 

 

From the orb, a man with some kind of orange hazard suit appears. He wields two items that, even for the aliens, the items feel out of place.

He wears glasses, has a goatee, and polished hair. And of course the weird orange suit. For the aliens, this man is just an ordinary human, another easy kill. But for those who know him, he's a legend. One that starts a genre and a feature in nearly every modern game called cutscenes.

But sadly, he hasn't become the legend like how the original story presents him. For now, he's just a hero and a mere survivor of the Black Mesa incident.

 

The man holds two items in both hands. A crowbar, and a blue energy device. The Crowbar is explainable enough. You can pry open doors, barricaded paths, or even zombie's ribs. He already knew about the Crowbar. But the blue device? It looks strange to him.

The blue energy device, or what the scientists say the "Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator", is a weapon that deals damage via physics. Yes, it's basically that. You can shoot laser beams toward people and they'll flung backward at the speed of Usain Bolt. Or maybe grab and throw stuff toward your enemies. That's basically the Gravity Gun, The PhysGun.

This weapon was supposed to be obtained by him 20 years later, and he wasn't supposed to be confused by it. What makes him confused?

Well, the sudden teleportation is already an obvious reason. But, there's another reason apart from that. He was recently put to stasis by the only enigmatic bureaucrat, G-Man. Because of the mass teleportation, he was awoken from his stasis with the Crowbar and the PhysGun inside an alien spaceship.

That made him genuinely confused about the sudden teleportation and not knowing the Gravity Gun. 

 

 

Sensing the tense situation, the man aims the PhysGun toward the aliens. He's pretty much surrounded from every single direction, making his death closer to him. Look, he's just a scientist who is skilled at theoretical physics, not a space marine. Hence why he's panicking and terrified. Though, he's not as scared as the first time he was forced to fight the aliens in his homeworld.

And once again, he was forced to fight the aliens. Even if his gut says he'll lose, he'll try to apply the R.T.S.L principle and survive. Just like how he found and used the principle back in Black Mesa.

 

[BGM: Hazardous Environment (Extended) - Playing]

He quickly settled his mind and observed the room, looking for an exit. As soon as he found one, he immediately rushed toward the exit. A few grunt aliens blocked his way. He aimed the G-Gun toward them and shot them with immense force, flinging them to the door. 

"Stop him! Dipshit!"

 

He jumped to the door, perfectly timed before some claws landed on his legs. He shot the PhysGun toward the door, flinging some more aliens and simultaneously buying him more time. He kicked his feet and ran toward wherever he could, evading crowded and blocked pathways.

The pathways in this ship are so complex, it's not exaggerating to call it a huge maze. For real. He goes left and right, up and down, even backtracking. And yet, he was still unable to find the exit. Frequently, he encountered dead-ends. The goons were able to catch up to him and cornered him. Fortunately, his suit comes with some sort of jetpack. His colleagues called it the "Long-Jump Module". With it, he always managed to escape the cornering and away from the dead-ends. Like the name says, Long-Jump. He looks like an orange frog for a brief moment.

 

"Attention, Intruder! Stop your destroying acts and leave this instant!"

A panicking alien announced a warning to the intruder and continued warning them again.

"Otherwise, we will unleash all of our forces against you!"

The grunts chasing him chuckles. He confidently and arrogantly trash-talks him like a winner.

"Ha! You're dead now! Everyone's gonna come to you, asshole!"

 

The man seems undistracted. He focuses on running away, navigating through any way he sees.

"Take one more step, and you're dead!"

The more warnings he gave, the more spirits flowed through the goons' minds.

 

"Really!? You'll leave!? All right, I will guide you."

The grunts start getting confused, and so does the man. They all thought the warnings were for the orange-suit human. No, it was not. In fact, it was for the person down there on the three-way, a hundred meters in front of them.

"Take a right, then go upstairs there."

 

The announcer said. Just before the person left, the man long jumped past him and halted behind him. Now able to relax a bit.

"Who are you?" He asked. The man couldn't answer him by words. Soon, the goons finally reached the two.

 

"Aah! Great! Now, you guys kill them!"

 

In unison, the aliens fiercely attack the two humans. They try to slash, pounce, and even shoot them with spits. But all of their efforts fall in vain. The humans didn't just survive their gang-up but thrived at the same time. They punch, smack, kick, and blast the grunts with little to no effort. Well, semi-little effort for the man. Each swing of the Crowbar filled with the will to live of the man. But each punch of the caped person is... Filled with pure boredom. The person felt so bored and so unentertained. 

After weeping the dust on his clothes, the red-cape person walks away to the left, going somewhere that makes the announcer scream in panic. The man, on the other hand, was dumbfounded by the sheer power that person packs in his punches. It feels like each punch is filled with unlawful physics. Even his movements, in the eyes of science, are impossible! So, the man concludes. 

With the power that person has, he is theoretically a god and should not be marked as hostile. He is theoretically too powerful, even in the eyes of lawful physics. This is the first time the man sees a phenomenon where, instead of him obeying the laws of physics, physics obeys him.

'What a force...'

[BGM: Hazardous Environment (Extended) - Ended]

 

The man then takes his leave, backtracking to where he came from, beating more aliens along the way. This time, he run past the room he got teleported to and finally found the exit.

A giant garage gate. That is a simplification done by the man. That's literally the exit. So, he found the lever that locks the gate and pulled it down.

The gate is open, and the sudden blast of wind pushes him back a little. He now sees the clear, blue sky, accompanied by white clouds. The man slowly approached the edge and took a peek. 

'Too high...'

He doesn't exaggerate in that part. If he were to fall, he would outright die because of gravity.

 

Suddenly, the ship starts shaking.

*BUM! DUM! BOOM!*

The sound of walls destroyed crumbles some parts of the ship as if two powerful beings are fighting against each other. Turns out, they were.

And then-

*BOOOM!!*

===================================================================================================

(Somewhere not far from the ship.)

 

 

 

The skies are blue, but the pollution and dust get in the way. With crumbling walls, destroyed furniture, and broken homes, the city is now a ruin. There's nearly no hope of surviving in it when the aliens invade. But fate says otherwise. Two humans are currently walking below the spaceship, having nearly nothing to do other than survive. They weren't friends before, but the situation forces them.

Their appearances are very distinguishable. So easy that you can guess what's the human with a gas mask does. One wears a gas mask, a helmet, a Powered vest, a grayish urban uniform, and boots. If some say it's a marine. They will be granted a 100 score because they are Marines. 

Then, the other human is a child in his 14. He wears a black and white T-shirt and has some... Interesting accessories are worn. 

One is a child, the other is a marine.

One is Chary, the other is Adrian.

 

The ultimate duo of AA.

==================================================================================================

0