Chapter 1 : The Briefcase
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Glug, glug, glug* "Ahh."

Having a cola and a festival show to watch is a good thing for him. He wants to enjoy his drink and the show without anything to bother him.

But unfortunately, something bugs his instinct. He feels like someone is watching him, paying close attention to whatever he's doing in the stadium. he remembers The L.O.V. and thinks the villains have an interest in him. But, due to his workaholic in The Hub, he rejects his own rationality. Cause, he hasn't made contact with the L.O.V., he thinks the villains don't have an interest in him and the timeline goes like the original festival arc.

2 eyes were looking directly at him. One from the south and the other at six o clock, behind him. The gaze behind him is the only eye that has the excitement to murder people. Mixed with tasting the victim's blood. He knew this would happen, but he never expected Toga to interfere with his vacation. He spawned a silenced M1911 out of thin air and quietly aimed behind him.

 

He already prepared some 'snacks' to present to the company, the unpleasant visitor. And his feet are tensing up. But... No guests were seen visiting him.

 

 

He took a deep breath and relaxed his feet back. He expects the visitor to come back after his deep breath session. He recollects his thoughts and gets his rationality back. No one would be crazy enough to attack a festival where most heroes gathered to watch and guard. If there is, then that is nonsense and illogical.

 

He took another sip of his cola, but the cola had been drunk entirely. The content of the 1 bottle of iced cola had been flowing through his throat down to his stomach for 3 minutes. 

'Huh? I thought I drank it bit by bit. Weird...'

He gets up from his seat and walks to the nearest vending machine. Somehow, troubles seem to follow him, either it's a serious one or an absolute joke. A stalker followed him to the vending machine. He felt the same murderous gaze as the one behind him earlier. So instead of continuing his walk to the vending machine, he walks down the stadium getting closer to the field area, blending in with the crowd.

'Give me a break, dammit...'

 

 

Fortunate for the stalker, a made suddenly thrown towards him. It rolled down and stopped 10 meters away from him. Seeing the grenade rolling, he reacts swiftly and jumps out to the field at the same time the bomb explodes. The explosion knocked him further, landing him near the arena. He only gets some scratches, but he is outside the supporter's area. He is now one of the people to garner lots of unwanted attention. All eyes in the stadium are staring at the explosion marks and the victims of it, including him.

'Seriously, give me a f*cking break. I did nothing wrong to your faction, All For One.'

 

He stood up, sweeping dust off his clothes, and went to the staircase, to the exit. A doctor from the medical team who witnessed the explosion up close approached him and asked if he needed some treatment. "Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Nolff shook his head and said. "Go help the others instead, this is but a scratch." He continued his walk and was quickly gripped by the doctor. The doctor's grip feels forceful as if telling him to stand still for a moment. He snaps his eyes from the doctor's holding hand to his face, which has a wide and sadistic smile.

Something is definitely wrong. The doctor holds a syringe in his other hand. He questions the doctor's ethics and professio- No, he does not need to be concerned if the doctor is really a doctor. With the experience he has as a supervisor and the syringe the doctor is holding, he draws his handgun out with clear intentions and takes an aim.

*Phat! Crink!*

 

 

Before the needle struck his skin, he shot the syringe, revealing the content of the syringe to be cyanide. This fact alone strengthens his ego to interrogate the doctor. He might be the cause of the broken coordinates or a pawn of someone with a mischievous plan. The doctor was startled by his quick draw, he didn't expect the boy he stalked to be a gun lover and a marksman. So, the anticipation plan is now already executed. That is... To make Nolff an enemy for the public to see.

 

Seeing the gun and the doctor shooting, everyone in the stadium screams at him, despising him. People close to him ran away terrified. The heroes noticed this and some of them are closing in on him, trying to capture him for bringing in a handgun and the act of shooting. Nolff intimidates those who try to get closer to him. He backs up and tries to shoot the doctor in the leg. However, it causes no harm. The bullet was deflected by someone. Kirishima. The red-haired boy pushed the doctor away and was shot in the arm. Well, his skin is as hard as steel, so that shouldn't be a problem. Well, the bullet ricocheted somewhere else... It looks like it hits a blonde-buffed man.

"Hey, bro! Man fights with his fist, not a gun!"

"*Groans* And that's the reason why weak people always get bullied, dumbass." *Runs away.*

"Hey, hey! Stop where you are!"

"If you scream like that to a running burglar, they won't stop running, dumbhead!"

 

He flees outside the stadium after replying to Kirishima's manly statement and manages to get away from the heroes. He concealed the M1911, threw the dart gun to a trash bin, and sticky jumped away from the stadium. Every single hero's present was told about him and his crude act. But, to his expectation, nobody saw the cyanide in the syringe. Then, while walking on the big street, he sees a man in a suit carrying a briefcase. The man is standing on top of a roof, observing him from afar.

"Oh, for f*ck sake. I swear to god, it's you isn't it? Why do you have to f*ck up my vacation..."

 

Although he can shoot the guy, which he 100% would, he prefers not to. Because the man can deflect bullets. He's a mysterious being. His race is unknown. He takes the form of a quite old bureaucratic man, so Nolff thought he was a human with a bunch of skeptical feelings and some flaws he pointed out in his own opinion.

He walks slowly towards the man first, down on the street. Then, he slowly starts running to a wall beside him. A gauntlet suddenly appeared on his right hand. It has a white color as the main color, and black as the sub color. On his left hand, an accelerating device1Mag Rail. It's called Mag Rail. https://parkour-roblox.fandom.com/wiki/Mag_Rail fades in strapped on his hand. After that, he put both hands on the wall.

"*Giggles* Look at him, girls!"
"Bro, what is he doing?"

"I can't believe the young generation now does even weirder stuff than the youngsters of our generation. You agree, my friend?"
"Yeah, you're right. But compare him to you back when you were a youngster, he's more sane than you. *Laughs a bit*"
"*Nudge his friend's shoulder* Tck. Aww, come on. I need some adrenaline back then. Now, I need time."
"Heh. Sure you do, old gypsy."
"Hey!"

Nolff: "*Sigh* Whatever."

The passerby on the street gazes at him, some even pull out their phone to record his stupid act. Yes, he looks stupid, but the result of his act isn't.

Some of the passersby near him noticed the sudden appearance of the two items strapped on both of his hands. They were quite surprised and thought that it might be because of the boy's quirk. Turns out, there's more stuff happening with the two items. With just the two items in existence, the laws of physics are altered slightly. And the alteration will be demonstrated by the boy in a moment.

In a swift move, he jumps up, kicks the wall, turns his head away from the wall, snaps back his gaze to the wall, holds on to the wall again, and does all the process once more. The result? Mindblowing. He jumps so high and so fast that he surpasses a 4 story building entirely, landing perfectly on the roof of it. He showcased some advanced-level parkour skills, which would not have been achievable if not for the gauntlet and the accelerator. The people on the street were astounded, and surprised. They don't expect him to be able to jump that high and move that fast in the air. After some parkouring across several buildings, he reached the spot where the man once stood. A three-story building. No one exists up there other than him.

"Oh, of course. Mysterious as usual. Look, can't you just stop by and ask me nicely!?"

 

 

He ragefully commented on the man's act towards him, questioning his ethics as a bureaucrat.

 

Then, some movements were seen in the alley near him. He noticed it and sensed some threat going for his neck. He knew someone messed up the timeline, and he blamed the briefcase man for that. Protecting himself, he spawned an old reliable, simple, and patriotic gun made in the sickle country. The AK. Comes with a silencer of course. We don't want to wake up the neighbors, right?

 

"Ehehehe!"

 

 

The giggles, he recognized it. It's so indistinguishable. Even though there are a lot of sadistic giggles he listened to in the past, this giggle is easy enough to recognize whose giggle this is. Maybe it's because the Voice Actor does a very good job at voice acting, maybe. He started running and jumped from one building to another, fleeing from the chaser. He knows who the chasers are, and who stalked him. It's the doctor and his friends. Well, maybe an unlicensed doctor with his helper. It seems like the doctor is looking for his sick patient. The doctor would cure him to hell, and he didn't pay for it nor did he order it.

So, he stops his move, takes aim, and pulls the trigger. A barrage of bullets flew toward the pursuers. They quickly hid behind walls, not crates. That would be dumb if they hid behind wooden stuff whilst they were being shot at with 7x62 calibers. These calibers penetrate thin surfaces. So... Ehem.

 

Seeing them chasing him, he assumes it's the Decayer team pursuing him. 'Someone is working with them, or maybe just him. Tell me it's not him who did this again.'

Apparently, there is a lot of third-partying stuff involved in the pursuit and in the assassination attempt, which is bad. Nolff jumps down and into an apartment building. Then, he spawns a golden watch that has an elegant design. With the new watch, he sits down on the sofa and activates the cloaking feature the watch has. With the owner of the apartment gone (apparently), he can sit down and assess the situation he's in.

*Sigh* "Finally, they're gone."

 

Now, he has time to think of the complicated stuff. He remembers three factions that could interfere in The Hub networking system, or well, three possibilities. It could either be the MPS Society, The Man In The Suit, or a Real Person. But, with how convincing the man stood in this world, Nolff made up his opinion. The man was responsible for this pursuit. So, what does he want by bothering an executive's vacation?

But then, time stops. He doesn't freeze whatsoever, but everything around him seems to stop. What happen? 

 

*Knock knock knock*

 

Someone is knocking on the door. But Nolff refuses to open the door.

 

*Knock knock knock*

 

The person behind the door insisted on going in, he knocked once more before...

 

*Clack! Krieeeeeeeet*

 

A man- No. The Man In A Suit. The Briefcase Man. The Inter-Dimensional Bureaucrat.

The man opens the front door, presenting himself standing with the void behind him as if he came from the empty void directly.

The Man: "Mister... Nolff. It is a good thing to see you."

N: "*Groans uncontrollably* AUahagAHHGuh!"

The Man, in response to his... Groaning, he took a few careful steps back.

N: "Alright, done complaining. So, why am I here? And who fades me into this world? Care to elaborate?"

The Man: "Forgive me, Mister Nolff. As one of my clients asssked me to do ssssomething related to you. And do not worry, Mister Nolff. It will be a short vacation for you. *Grins convincingly"

The man moves to the side, letting Nolff see the void.

N: "..." *Silenced, tinkering in his mind for a moment* "So what? You're gonna put me into static sleep?"

The Man: "Ehm... *Shows an annoyed expression but quickly shifts to a smile.* "You were not supposed to have the privilege. But, for thissss sssspecial requessst. I suppossse you are. Have a good day, Mister Nolff."

 

Suddenly, the environment in this room, outside on the street, every single place in this world disoriented, turning into a void. A very black yet bright one. Everything around him... Is gone. No were to be seen. Though, only the sofa he uses to sit down is still intact with his butt.

 

N: "Hey, answer me. Who broke the coordinates all around The Internet?"

The Man: *Smirks* "It is up to you, to find that out Mr. Nolff. I'm... *Regretting face appeared briefly* Deeply sorry. But, you may take your rest, as I take my leave."

*Click, Cklack!* 

A door appeared on the man's side. He then walks into the door and disappears along with it.

 

Now, he thinks about everything that just happened.

 

"Okay. So, what kind of Half-Life thing is this? Can someone f*cking explain this to me, please?! No?!"

*Sigh* "Why am I even screaming in this dark, dead place."

 

 

Well, he most likely overthinks about it. 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Jide, are you sure he said that?"

"Obviously man! He has so many clients, remember? We haven't included those from the real world."

"Then who's his client for this case?" "I don't f*cking know, dumbass! The HL fandoms never even knew his clients!!"

0