Chapter 2 : Out of The Course
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

("After I scream so loud, G-Man cuts the phone call. With rage and concern, I exited my room and headed to the server room, hoping to find helpful logs. That man was doing dimension-hopping, there should be a traffic log about which world he last visited before going to The Hub, if my guess was correct. I got onto the server room, checked every traffic log, and found where he came from.

Real Life.

 

This is strange... Why would he go there?? I got on our Messenger group and told everyone that G-Man recently visited the real world, Real Life. 

 

I messaged Nolff that the spike would arrive in roughly 4 days. After texting him and the others, I went to my room and buried my head in the bed. I hope everything's okay tomorrow.

 

 

 

I woke up the next day, slowly opening and rubbing my eyes, and then checked my phone. I looked at each chat sent from them, friends, they were... How can I describe it, uhmm... Ah! Yes. They were pretty startled, I hope. Alright.

So, I got up and headed to my workstation, which is my beloved PC. Then, I heard a notification from my phone. I check the chat and see Nolff's texts. He's in the void.

Great! The day's worst meter has been cranked to 11!

 

 

I sat on my desk's chair and texted him back, telling him to play around with the Source engine. There might be a hole in the engine he could use to get out. I hold my mouse and click on the traffic logs I connected to my PC last night. He texted me again and this time, he typed something different. Somehow, the same human-looking hole spotted in MHA logs was found here too. He sees a bugged code on the humanoid hole. I quickly course to the Half-Life 2 entry logs and examine every single one of them.

Indeed, there is a humanoid-looking log. An illegal record of exiting the Half-Life 2 world was recorded a few days before Nolff's disappearance. Well, use what's left by someone I guess. I told him to enter and exit the HaIf-Life world, and he did just that based on the logs. It gladly works. He's back at MHA, with a blurred date.

 

 

I don't know what and which timeline he's in on MHA. So I texted him again. 'I see the logs, you're back at MHA. What timeline are you in?'

'USJ. A day before that.'

 

Oh good, I thought he was sent forward to the Liberation arc. I click on my drone app and check the package delivery date. There's a date on each package sent to make the drones directly follow the retriever, whichever timeline they're on. Yes, it's a quick delivery app I made. I look at the package details and tries to change the arrival date. And fool me, I forgot to add a feature to change it.

Soo, the package will arrive a day later. The process was sped up because Nolff's coordinate was close to the beginning of the anime. I begged fate to take him right at the beginning of MHA, and the package would arrive in barely 5 minutes. I got him at USJ instead, great.

*Sigh* Well, at least he wasn't taken to the middle arcs. That would make it a little longer to reach.

 

I boost the drone's speed in a few clicks and some rewriting. The broken coordinates shouldn't affect the time the drone arrives. Noice. But,  with the boosted speed, the package won't be sent to him. God, how the f*ck did I write such bad codes...

 

Well, at least the package will arrive within a few hours. Great! About the random drone spawn, I put a tracker on the package and sent him the spawn location.

I told him to stay between the USJ facility and U.A. because the spike spawn location is tied to the event's location.

'Jide, what the hell?' 'It's for your own good, maybe.'

 

I assure him when it arrives, a notification will ring his phone. And with that, I dip to Cardinal's house with a lot of info to tell.")

 

                                                             (My thoughts)

                                                                    - Jide

 

 

15 minutes before the attack. Nolff prepped some non-lethal weapons and equipment. That includes Concussion nade, a taser, shock charges, a knife,  and a few flashbangs.

He observes both buildings above a communication tower, looking for an entry point of NOT L.O.V's doorway. He's not looking for their den, nope. Maybe a little curious...

He spotted a male bathroom window in the school. A small bathroom window, but it should fit him through just enough. Now, he just waits for Jide's notification.

*Sluuurps* "Ahh~"

 

He's chilling on top of that tower, eating a warm cup of noodles. He still won't admit that this was not his vacation. So, in addition to him chilling, he let his guard down. What if a person with a flying quirk flew past the tower and shot him? He just waves his hand to the person, and he won't notice him. Well, he creates a camp using the invisible cloak Doraemon has. Since he can create anything that exists on the internet.

Then, he sees a massive purple portal in a factory yard, quite far from the tower he chills on.

 

After the teleportation, he saw the inside of USJ, observing the L.O.V.'s movement. He's using invisible drones to spy on the high school and the USJ facility. In his conclusion, based on these movements and entry points, the L.O.V. acts more systematical than the anime ones. It feels out of the timeline, out of the course. Added to the fact the attack began 10 minutes faster than expected, weird.

*Beep beep!*

 

That's the call he's been waiting for. He checks the drone spawn location and confirms it's in one of the buildings. Luckily, it spawns in the school, inside the teacher's office. So, he gets up and takes a leap of faith before holding two orange sticky bombs onto his back.1An orange round-shaped explosive fired from a Sticky Jumper. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sticky_JumperAfter preparing the fun part, he detonates the stickies and launches himself toward U.A. The result? He flew to his destination with the speed of light. Faster than some fighter jets.

"I AM ONTO YOUR PACKAGE AND STILL GOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG!"

Lands on U.A roof like a ragdoll.

*Crunch! Crack!*

"Ouch."

 

He uhm... He forgot to equip a parachute before landing. So, he lands on the school rooftop, 'perfectly' ragdolls on the floor. The crunchy sound of breaking bones is heard from his cracking body.

He gets up and- "Tis but a scratch."

 

He gets up and assesses his body condition. Even though he looks... Twisted and bleeding, he's 'perfectly' fine. Just below 60 hp (in terms of shooter games).

Now, U.A has the best top-of-the-line security and might be the most secure place on earth. But our friend here has more powers than anyone (Does not include his friends). So, that means... He can teleport anywhere, allowing him to invade any stranger's property without being noticed. But, where the hell does he need to go?

And that's the reason why he's not teleporting everywhere. He simply doesn't know the exact room the package was spawned.

So, with great confidence and goofs, he steps down the staircase of the U.A building.

 

U.A. One of the most secure buildings on earth. It's where you would most likely see the high-end security tech put to use for good. And someone is breaking into the school in broad daylight. So, how does a thief break into the school and slip past the security? Simple, you go invisible. 

Now, that sounds like a dumb idea, considering U.A might have infrared installed on their cams. But, are there any infrared cams though? This is what Nolff thinks. And don't worry about the people. Because he dodges and moves aside from everyone's path. So, he sweeps the floor, searching thoroughly from one room to another. If he's done sweeping the first floor (from above), then he continues to the second floor, searching for the package.

Sadly, he hasn't found the package. So, with the last hope on the second floor, he walks to the teacher's office without being noticed. He steps into the office right after Miriko leaves with the door open. At the moment, most of the teachers are either occupied with their lectures or heading to the USJ facility, trying to aid All Might in his battle. And that leaves the office open for him, free to use.

He checks every teacher's desk, hoping to find the package. That includes All Might's desk. And boy, All Might has lots of autograph sheets to sign. He is indeed famous. Nolff then moves to Aizawa's desk, looking for his package. And uh... He's searching the trash bin beside Aizawa's desk thoroughly. If someone can see him while he's cloaked, then that person will definitely see a moron stuffing his head into the bin.

After thoroughly searching for 5 minutes, the package is nowhere to be seen. He headed to the exit and decided to check the third floor. Just before he exited, he noticed a box on the corner of Endeavor's desk. He walks closer to the box and unboxes the content. Gladly, it's the spike Jide sent to him. Nice.

After the spike is planted, it will activate "Ghost mode" where it cannot be touched or seen by normal eyes. If someone steps on it, it will phase through, as if the spike wasn't part of the reality. You'll need a quirk that counts as a sixth sense to interact with it. So, he doesn't need to worry about planting it in public/crowded places. And why not make the teacher's office the bomb site?

So, he went to Aizawas's desk and planted the spike on the sleeping man's desk. 

*Crick crick, Clank!*

*Thump!*

 

The spike has been planted. It takes roughly 90 seconds for the spike to establish a new coordinate. So, he sits down on Endeavour's chair and-

 

*BAM!*

 

The loud door bash startles him, making him turn his gaze to the door and raise his guard. The man whose desk was used as a planting site is here, sensing some threat. Nolff keeps his calm as he knows Aizawa can't see him. He silently spawns his M1911. He inspected the surroundings and decided to bail because it was better to dip than to fight for now.

 

Suddenly, as he is about to get up and walk, Aizawa grabs him with his quirk. Nolff was startled and he failed to dodge Aizawa's grapple. Aizawa grips him in the throat. causing him to choke.

"Who are you?!"

*Cough, cough*

*PSSHH!*

Nolff pulled one of the concussion pins and caused Aizawa to back away. This frees Nolff and gives him some room to breathe. Refusing to answer, he threw a flashbang, took cover behind the nearby desk, and said.

"Someone you better not know."

*BANG!*
*NGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!*

 

The loud noise accompanied by the brightest light brings Aizawa down, blinded and deafened. Nolff takes the chance to come out and knocks Aizawa with one blow on his neck.

*Drub!*

And the sleepy teacher is now asleep, at least for a few moments. 

 

 

His phone rings a call notification. He pulled it out and answered the call.

Jide's voice quickly burst into his ear.

 

J: "ABORT ABORT, CANCEL THE PLANTING!"
N: "Why!?" Confused
J: "IT WAS A TRAP! THE COORDINATES WEREN'T BROKE AT ALL!!"

*Nit nit nit nit nit!*

He swiftly threw a chair toward the spike. Sadly, it's too late.

*POOOSH!*

 

An unseen force pushed everyone in the spike radius back, flinging some people. This goes to Nolff too, he was knocked back so hard he nearly fell off the window.

Groans "I swear, someone upped the difficulty."

 

He equipped the Sticky Jumper and launched himself upward to the roof.

After a (not really) successful landing, he checks his phone inside his pocket. Fortunately for him, putting his cell phone in his pocket was one correct decision. He's still on call with Jide.

 

J: Chuckles nervously "Looks like I'm a little late. Welp. You good?"
N: "Yeah, small blunt on my leg. Why haven't you told me about this??" Irritated
J: "Well, I recently remembered about the coordinates collision. So, like usual procedure, how long till the impact?"

 

He walks closer to the spike, seeing a warning sign on the HUD. On the HUD below the warning, a number can be seen evidently. It reads:

WARNING

77 hours before the collision. Please report to the nearest THC's building and report this anomaly as fast as possible.

 

 

 

N: "77 hours before the collision."
J: "Alright. I'm sending Hopper to get rid of the spike. You should be fine to get back here."

N: "Let's see..." Tries to teleport using self-power, fails immediately. "Okay... F*cking hell." Frustrated
J: "What is it? another broken coord?"

N: "Something else. Someone's preventing me from going out. Might be that bastard again, might be not."
J: "Great..." *Sigh* "What a streak of disaster. Try using the teleport command."

N: Skeptical "You sure it'll work? you clearly know that this is unstable. The last time we tested the command, that guy immediately got rained with bullets in TF2. Even though I have powers like you, I don't want my ass to get poked by a single bullet."
J: "Well yes, that happens. But we're not Medic and stole a living man's skeleton. So, use the coordinates I sent. It should work just fine."

N: "If it doesn't work, I'll force you to play Cry Of Fear in VR. I swear." *Gruntling genuine frustration*
J: "Ye sure, whatever. :V" *Hangs up*
N: "Hey, hey! Tch." Slide his phone back into his pocket. "I can't believe you do this."

 

He pinches the air and does a zoom-out motion. A window appeared in front of him. The look of this window was like those from RPG games. 

"Crap, I forgot the coordinates."

 

He takes his phone out and checks the coordinates sent by Jide. He snuggled his phone, then typed the coordinates Jide sent.

 

"Here goes something."

 

*WHUZZ!*

 

"Oh look, you're back." 

0