Chapter 3 : “Peace was never an option, and so with stealth”
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter is under construction. Please skip to Chapter 6 for a better reading experience.

 

 

*Vroooom, Vroooom*

*Zzz...*

"Hmm... Chezburger~"

*Tap tap tap*

"Hopper? Wake up. Wake up, Hopper."

"Mmh~ Whaa~?" *Yawn*

Jide taps Hopper's shoulder repeatedly, waking him up. And after some poking, the troubled child finally opened his eyes. He looks around, staring at the car interior, barely awake. Hopper can't stand the weight his eyes carry and shuts down once again, sleeping on Jide's shoulder. Seeing that his little fella fell asleep again, Jide flicks Hopper's forehead.

*Thack!*

"Aww!"

"You gotta pay for that last day lunch money you stole from me."

Rubbing his forehead, caressing it "Oh, come on! That was just 20$!"

"That's still someone else's income, not yours."

Pouts "Fine. So, where are we going?"

Smirks a little "You're gonna defuse a spike today, someone booby-trapped Nolff and there'll be a collision in 70 hours because of that trap.

Soo, yes. You're gonna be fine." Gives Hopper a sarcastic thumbs-up and a "very assuring smile"

 

Hopper backs away from him, scared. Similar to that one terrified hamster.1Go search "Terrified hamster", you'll understand.The sarcastic smile Jide gave frightens him. Jide smile shifted back to normal, now a little serious. He taps the window and points a finger to the outside view. The car rolls into the MHA world and slowly fades into reality from the dark blue void 

"Careful. There might be someone setting up another trap here," he says.

"You don't need to tell me that twice, Jide."

"Just another precaution."

"As if I'm not cautious enough. :<"

 

The car then stops in front of a convenience store, at night. The city, even though it's nighttime, still has plenty of pedestrians rolling around the city, bustling the street.

Hopper lazily steps out of the car, carrying his yellow duffel bag on the shoulder. He turns around and throws a chocolate bar at Jide. Right when Jide sees the chocolate and is about to grab it, Hopper does a pull, and the chocolate goes back to him.

With a prideful (but meme-ing) grin, Hopper walks away.

"This my precious Silver Queen, not yours."

*NGIEET!*

"Wha- AAAAA!"

*BUMM!*

 

Jide pulled him back to the car with a Gravity Gun, accidentally bumping Hopper's forehead into the car's roof.

"Whoops! That was unintended, hehe. Now, gimme that!"

Jide snatched Hopper's Silver Queen bar and launched him back to the sidewalk. He flew and fell like a ragdoll.

*GREOONG!*

After that, he hit the gas full throttle, dipping Hopper as if he recently dumped a dead body.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, JIDE!"

 

*VROOOOOMM!*

"Goddamnit."

 

He gets up on his legs and sweeps off some dust on his clothes. He pulls out his phone and checks on the coordinate's location. 

"Jide said the coordinate should be marked on the school, but... Why's there two?"

 

Hopper sees two marks on the map Jide gave him. One mark on the U.A, the others at the L.O.V. outpost. He sighs, frustrated by Jide's words "You only need to go to one marker." along with his thumbs up. Hopper looks like a cute, frustrated little guy if depicted in a chibi art style.

"Jide, what in the f*cking world do you mean by one marker? Mmh..."

 

He's trying to decide which place to visit first. But then, of course, he decides to visit the villains first. And he only has one reason for that.

"Yeah, let's go to L.O.V. first. They're cool if I show them Fat Man."2Do you- Do you need more exposition for this one? Like, why should I tell you this? It's a weapon of mass destruction, a bomb. Need I say more?

He peeks at the map again and quickly averts his plan. For what reason? It's just a less disciplined reason.

"Owh... Welp, let's go to the heroes first! Because it's closer to here and I am f*cking lazy. Let's go find a motel!"

 

 

 

 

 

(5 Minutes later)

 

He sits under the roof of a bus stop, close to the U.A. high school. He took a deep breath and exhaled, repeating the process a few times. And then, of course, he complains. Like-

"HOW THE FU*K THERE'S NO MOTEL AROUND THE FRIDZGING SCHOOL?! DON'T THESE INN OWNERS KNOW THAT THE SCHOOL'S SURROUNDING IS DEFINITELY A GOOD SPOT TO BUILD A FRICKING MOTEL?! SO HOW THE FU-"

Let's just cut his rant. Yes, he ranted about that stuff solely because he didn't find a single motel. And yes, he ranted for a few minutes, that is 3 minutes. 

*Sighing in defeat* 

"Fine."

For an unknown reason, his mood went bad pretty quickly, from frustration to boredom. He wants a place to sleep. Why? Why doesn't he do his work on the night? Wasn't this a good time to intrude U.A and get the job done? Well, it's a simple excuse why he doesn't do that.

 

He's the most energetic executive in THC, and the laziest when he gets bored, beating Jide on the lazy leaderboard.

"Should I do my work tonight?"

*Intense brain processing*

"Hmm....."

 

His face expresses a serious look. One that comes from the anime named JoJo. And in a short moment, his face quickly changes to a goofy Tanjiro look.

"Nope. I love my life, and I shall enjoy it. Let's go to U.A and sleep on the roof like a smuggler!"

 

And that's how he walks 'innocently' to U.A. Maybe it's better to describe his walking as T-Pose walking. No, he's not walking. He's... He's not floating above the ground, but he's not walking either. You know, if a character model fails to load walking animation, they walk in a static pose. That's what happened to Hopper right now, heading toward U.A in a static pose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Somewhere inside U.A)

 

 

A white mouse is seen sitting on an office chair. He's currently taking care of some documents. Then, his phone rang up a call. He looks at the phone, picks it up, and answers.

"You're with Nezu, what is it?"

"Hello, Mr. Nezu. I'm Seiso, and uhm... I don't know how to say this."

"Is there something weird happening?"

"You can call it weird. But we have a statue climbing upward to the roof. Can someone check the roof? I'm not sure if that's the new window cleaner guy."

"Hmm... I'll call someone to check."

"Thank you, sir. I'm gonna go back to my home."

"Stay safe."

"Yes sir."

*Beep!*

 

===================================================================================================

 

(A day later...)

(Back to the troublesome kid)

 

"Hoahhmm~"

Hopper stretches his arms and legs, creating some cracking noises. 

"Morning, birds~"

He spawned a 10-inch cheeseburger, a cup of iced soda, and big-sized fries. To finish his nice quick breakfast, he summoned a tray, putting all his meals on it. After the nice preparation, he made his way to the edge of the rooftop.

And now, he's savoring the morning view of the rising sun, slowly enlightening the city.

*Long exhale* "Huuh~ This is nice."

*Gluk, gluk, gluk*

 

He sees a glimpse of some students, jogging around the school. Watching them doing morning activities puts a smile on his face.

"Good to know everyone's being energetic, unlike their sleepy gray scarf teacher." 

 

While he's observing the students and the rosing light, a threatened feeling slowly creeps into his senses. He spawns a camera and teleports it near the side of an under-construction building. He shifts his perspective with the camera and sees no living beings in the building. Even after sweeping through several floors, he still can't detect any sign of a person.

"Weird..."

 

Once he checked the building, the threat was gone. He doesn't feel watched anymore. This could lead to some troubles, and it's probably because he's not being quiet about his presence. 

Let's get to the plan.

 

Finishing his breakfast, he snaps his fingers and the trash vanishes. He snaps once again and a blank paper appears on his hands. At first, there's nothing on the paper. It's just a white empty paper. Then, a layout is slowly being written in it by no one. The paper, now called "papers", has a full design of a building. It's more precise to call it a map at this point.

He flips the papers till he finds the section "EE area". Why? Well, Jide sent him a note with the coordinates in his phone. Written on the note, Jide told him to check the Ground Zero.

"There's a high chance the spike has been planted in a practice area where the Entrance exam takes place. This looks like a 50/50, but I'm pretty sure the coordinates were planted there. I'm seeing some overflowing and stacked codes around U.A, even multiplied in the practice ground.

Check the place. Also, you're not alone there. Cardinal picked up some signals from our Spy and said Nugget tasked someone to do a bidding. So, if you ever feel being observed, you know who it is."

 

Now he knows what to do. Get down to the EE area and remove the spike.

"Hm? Hold on..."

But, a question grows in his head.

"Why don't Nolff slice the fricking spike he planted? Why do I have to slice the old ones?"

 

He stuffs his hand into his pocket, pulling out a phone to call Jide.

 

*Beeeep, beeeeep, Tut!*

"Are you still mad about the chocolate bar?"

"I will forever be mad about it. Also, why do I need to get rid of the spike? Couldn't Nolff just like, I don't know, kick the spike he planted upwards to space?"

 

*Sinister tone.* "Hmm... I wonder who shot a genetically modified Direct Hit at point-blank range and shattered the spike, flinging it to the stratosphere and making me reinforce it so it doesn't get easily destroyed by our powers."3The Direct Hit is one of the bazookas used by Soldier from Team Fortress 2. Most Soldier's rocket launchers have a... Well, not-so-bazooka speed. There are only a few of his bazookas that can travel faster. One of em is this, the Direct Hit. Since it has "Direct Hit" as its name, it deals more damage and flew much faster than the normal ones he used, at the cost of splash damage radius. You wouldn't want that much freedom aiming towards you.

*Lemon Tree plays shortly in the background.*

"I wonder ho~w, I wonder wh~y."

 

"Ah, uhm... I can explain."

*Beep!*

*Scottish cyclops voice* "Wha?!"

======================================================================================================

 

He was not a fan of MHA, that's why he needed some time to grab some intel about where he was supposed to check. The layout only helps locate the spike, not including where the area is near the school. 

And now, he's sleeping with his body hanging upside down on a ledge. 

 

Quietly snoring, not even bothered by the wind.

 

Then, a cute plushie-sized creature clothed similar to his, jumps up the ledge and tugs his pants. At first, it was just a soft tug, then a rub, and the more it saw its owner stays comfortably dozing off, the more annoyed it got. So, with cramped eyebrows, it punches Hopper's right egg with all its might. At the same time, two words in bold appeared out of thin air, spelling "CRITICAL HIT!" in green color, along with a satisfying sound effect.

 

*THUNG!!*

 

"AAA-!!"

 

Hopper screamed at the top of his lungs, but the little guy tightly covered his mouth with white duct tape.

"Mmmh! MmmmpH!"

 

The small him still shows an infuriated face, so it charges itself toward the balls once again, causing them both to drop down to the floor with Hopper's mind getting a bit fuzzy. 

 

Moment of silence, please.

 

 

 

He regains his conscious back and removes the duct tape from his mouth.

 

 

"Pwah! Fiuuh~ Oh, you. Didn't I tell you to be nice when waking me up, A1?"

The little guy, named A1, shook his head lightly, refusing to comply with his boss's request.

"Oh, so you want the hard way? I get it now. You'll snack allowance is now expired."

A1 face, which was showing an "I dare you" expression, now turned into a total shock. Snacks, for him and his comrades, are crucial to fend off their boredom. And that's one way to "co-operate" with them by giving them nice things to eat. Hopper lifts the ground and quickly gets his left foot hugged by A1 looking up at his eyes, pleading for his snack allowance to be refreshed with puppy eyes.

Judging by Hopper's (meme-ing) cold face and dead stare, it's unlikely that his little underling will get his allowance back. I mean, what will one perceive in this moment when they meet this gaze?

 

Spoiler

Example

[collapse]

 

Not a good sign, of course. But then Hopper sighed and shook his head.

"Fine. But you and your team must help me, okay?"

 

*Nods excitedly*

"Good one~"

 

Hopper crouches and pats the little boy, quickly melting him on his hand. The longer he rubs his hair, the more closed A1's eyes gets. Seeing this, Hopper flicks his forehead, getting him back up.

 

*Thuk!*

 

"Get your job done first, buddy."

 

A1's eyes open back in a sudden.

 

"Exhausted, I know. Me too. So, gather everyone and tell them to report their findings to you once they're back."

 

Understanding his boss's condition, he nods and turns his back, rallying his squadmates near the roof's door. And once again, all Hopper does is lay his back on the floor and relax. Peacefully waiting for his little army's chief to collect the bomb's location info.

Ah, remembering the moments where his little bois where created...

Oh, never mind. He instead remembers the memory of them scrutinizing his shotguns with malicious intent, and the process of them finally having something else to do instead of creating wreckage.

Spoiler

The little army, whom Hopper called ChADS ( stands for Chaos And Demolition Starter ), is Hopper's private army. There are times when the executives have no personnel to dispatch to take care of a problem. Coincidentally, the little army back then was the troublemakers. They do harm to nearly everyone, excluding innocents. Towards the executives, they are a group of nuisance. Towards the workers and staff, they are cute little demons. While toward the bad guys, they are the definition of cruelty.

Somehow, certain people were able to tame them with candies and snacks. So, to get the nuisance off of his back, Hopper decided to feed them with snacks. It worked, partially. They mostly comply to his orders and doesn't bother him so much. 

That's a good thing, yes. If they could get their annoying habits lessened. Even if they don't bother him, they still become one annoying group from hell.

Hopper kinda ran out of ideas. Luckily, Jide said "Just send them to do missions, its that easy."

And here we are, with the little army now has a new hobby. To cause utter destruction, that's their work motto.

[collapse]

 

0