Chapter 8: Discoverance
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==========================================================================================

(Third Person POV)

"... So, you're telling me, that somehow, they managed to not only steal a modified gun from us and flee undetected, but they also teleported Mio to somewhere else. Jide, mind explaining how our security doesn't work as intended?" Cardinal asked.

"Well, I've told you that no one can breach our security except using stealthy ways. Even then, it's still hard enough to not get detected here. There's only one excuse i could think of" Jide answered.

"What is it?"

"Rather, who is it? Do you still remember how Shephard survived the Black Mesa Incident? Someone directly helps him survive right? The guy pushes a button once, and Shephard survives against all odds"

"Mmm... Wait, him again? Okay, so one more time, you're telling me that we're dealing with an interdimensional bureaucrat?"

"Yeah, i don't know what interest he has towards us"

 

They both were talking inside Jide's room, discussing the disappearance of Mio and one of the modified guns.

They both expected this kind of situation, they didn't expect one of their friends to disappear in the middle of the night.

"I feel like this doesn't make any sense. Like, how is it possible?" Jide said.

"Which part?"  Cardinal asked, wondering what he meant by that.

"If you think about it, Mio should've been able to dodge the attack right? I mean, he could've dodged the attack easily."

"A reminder for you, he was attacked inside his bedroom. The last time we went there, it was small af. If Amanda infiltrates with her team, it's possible to lock Mio inside his room with Amanda shooting the Displacer at him. Remember, we changed the fire mode of the Displacer to projectile teleportation, not area teleportation."

"Makes sense."

*Knock knock knock*

Someone asked them both for permission to disturb their discussion.

"Come in," Cardinal said, permitting him to come in.

The door opens, and a man in his thirties walks in. He wears a black suit, carrying a document.

"Anything good?" Cardinal asked, wanting a piece of good news.

The man shook, and he handed out the document to Cardinal.

"Sir, we cannot find the Displacer gun. But we found Mio"

Jide tries to get a view of the document. "I bet it's in this document."

"Precisely, Mister Jide." The man said, confirming Jide's guess.

Cardinal opens the document. He reads all of the reports regarding the infiltration and the result of it.

"We lose Mio, a modified gun, and some documents. What are these documents?" Cardinal asked, convinced that these people stole some not important documents.

"The documents contain three biographies about three individuals, sir"

"Whose biographies?"

"Dr. Gordon Freeman, Simon Henrikkson, and Tyler Scott"

"Scotland? That's not a country" *Cardinal Memeing*

"No sir, not Scotland. I meant to say, Tyler Scott,"

*Chuckles lightly* "Sorry then. Do we get any information from our spy?"

"Yes sir. We see a team of District 4, we believe they were sent to do a task"

C&J: "Hmm..."

"We've also got a report that they captured the three individuals a few days ago"

*Both Cardinal and Jide are intrigued*

"So, they were looking for information regarding the trio." Jide said, stating his opinion.

"Certainly," Cardinal answered.

It feels weird that the MPS society is looking for information about this trio.

"Wait, why are they looking for the trio's information? They usually look it up on Wikipedia, right?" Jide questioned.

"...Now that you've said it, why don't Wide look it up on Wikipedia like usual?" Cardinal questioned it too.

The man is standing still, waiting for an order.

"Maybe they want a much simpler approach like they don't want to try filling their worker's biodata, they might not want to summarize what they read on Wikipedia." 

"Makes sense..."

After a minute of waiting nervously, the man sees Cardinal turn his head to him.

"You look new for a secretary job. What is your codename?"

"Kel, sir"

"Kel, tell the spies to keep a lookout on the trio. Also, tell them to report any new member they recruited, okay?"

"Okay, sir."

Kel bowed and left the room.

"Frick... Wait, Kel"

Kel stopped, looking back to the room.

"Yes, sir?"

"Tell them to investigate District 4 activities."

"Understood"

Kel continues his step, walking away from the room.

Jide looks at Cardinal, looking for clues about Cardinal's request to his subordinate.

"District 4? Is there something they want to find?" Jide asked.

"Probably. You said that there's one Resonance Cascade scenario that might have a bigger impact because the crystal used was not just to keep the story going like usual but also created a rift in that one Half-Life world where the crystal was different from the orange Xen crystal, right?"

"..." *Stunned by Cardinal's long speech* "Yeah. The crystal used was still a Xen crystal, just different in colors and what it does. I've sent some people to clean the mess and close the rift."

"Doesn't that mean they can use Gordon to push whatever crystal they use on a cart to whatever laser they shoot out, right?" Cardinal gives a question back.

"... Did you just say they need Gordon?" Jide returned his question.

"I mean, he's the one that pushes the cart with a crystal on it towards multiple yellow beams. So yeah, they might need him."

Jide proceeded to construct a reason. "He's the key to open the rift, ahh... I think i get it. Gordon is the one who opens up the big portal from Xen to Earth. In the case of Multiverse, precisely the internet... Oh wow" 

"They're able to create a massive chaos."

*Jide scratching his chin* "They might try to get our Half-Life documents."

"You're right. But i don't think they will, though. Nolff said G-Man is teaming up with the L.O.V."

"He did say that. Which means... Wait, what crystal do they need to make an unbearably huge chaos in this internet realm?" Jide once again questioned stuff.

*Shrugs*  "I don't know. That skibidi-" *Wheeze* "AhHaH!"

Jide unconsciously joined his wheezing. "Uhuk. Why did you laugh, dumbass?"

"No, it's just... Saying skibidi reminds me of how degenerate G-Man gets."

*Jide starting to remember a youtube video* "Oh" *Started to wheeze* "Okay" *Wheezing a bit hard*

"Alright, haaahh. Let's go back to seriousness. G-Man probably gave them a crystal to create chaos and invite a futuristic empire1 This is what happened in Half-Life 1, the chaos. Resulting in an empire dictating Earth in Half-Life 2"

*Grabs the document and reads it* "Oya, about Mio."

"What is it?"

"I might have a way to get him out."

=========================================================================================

 

0