Chapter 9: More doors, with a disabled librarian.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==============================================================================================

Mio slowly walks to the door. Not because he's terrified but more to denial and disappointment.

Because right now, he is forced to walk through a hallway that feels like a long hallway. No joke, it feels like walking in the hallway for 10 minutes.

He's forced to do so because the entity is chasing him. 

Also, he's not just walking. Sometimes - maybe often -, an annoying entity will tell him to turn around, making the process to reach door 45 much longer. Every time the entity tells him to turn around, a lot of cyan-ish words will fill his eyes, blocking his vision for a very brief moment.

He can't do anything about that. So, to express his annoyed feelings, he walks backward, rebelling against the entity's request.

If the entity says to turn around again, he walks forward.

The hallway is dark, only being enlightened by dimly cyan light for such a distance.

This entity alone is enough to annoy him. For some reason, like it's not worse enough, there's a distorted noise. A loud distorted noise.

The noise came from both sides as if he was wearing a headphone. Maybe the noise came from his mind? Maybe.

The distorted noise1Only listen to this with a volume lower than 80%. I do not recommend you to listen to this theme with full volume, it might cause a hearing problem unless you have one already. This video showcases an annoying and hated entity called "Halt". Yes, the name's Halt. Even though it says Halt, it doesn't mean halt. It probably means you should stop just like the name so Halt can kill you easily, probably. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJPrJQdRSAU&ab_channel=Jefgames just worsens the situation like a mental terror room.

Luckily, he passed the first part of the hallway. Unluckily, there's 2 more to go.

His intrusive thought says "Fuck this, let's just speedrun this crap", but he insists. He insists on doing no damage taken for this run.

So, after what felt like an hour, he reached door 45.

Right after he stepped out of the horrifying hallway, the entity farewelled him by blocking his vision with words colored in cyan saying "Run away". 

*Chuckles* "Sure".

 

Door 45, back to the loop.

As usual, there's not much stuff here. Not even drawers exist here.

With not much to interact with here, he walks to the door and pushes it open.

 

After opening door 46, he finds himself in another dark room which turns out to be a mini-library.

As he approaches the next door, he discovers that a gate guards it.

He searched every corner of the mini-library thoroughly and found nothing, nearly.

However, he spots a switch beside the gate that he somehow missed earlier.

*Sigh* "How did i miss you? I'm pretty sure you weren't here before..."

After complaining a bit, he pulled the switch and unlocked the gate. Proceeding to the next door, door 47.

 

Gonna be honest, the loop's pretty boring. Not to be offensive but, there's not much happening in door 47 and 48.

49 however, had interesting stuff.

 

After opening door 49, a roar was heard from door 50—the Library.

Since he rarely wastes time playing games, he thoroughly looks inside whatever drawer he can find in this receptionist's room.

Now that he's sure there's no gold he missed, he opens door 50 and steps into the room. A brown, tall meat-made figure with long hands notices him, approaching the entrance door.

Mio doesn't move an inch, as if he already knew what would happen next. He's not even terrified.

Suddenly, something made out of glass breaks. The Figure quickly changes its direction to the glass noise.

This gives Mio some time to get to the nearest bookshelf.

His priority inside this place is to get out and get to door 51.

So how does he escape?

The first thing to do is to collect every single book with cyan light emitting from it. The books inside this place have a sparkling noise too.

After that, grab the lock instruction paper on the librarian's desk.

Two doors are locking the library. The first one is the entrance from door 49, the receptionist's desk. The last door is the exit to door 51, located at the end of the room.

The next thing to do after collecting every necessary book is to check the content of the collected books. Each of these books contains a shape and a number.

Done with all the stuff above, go to the exit and open the lock, matching the shape and number according to the lock manual.

 

These are the things needed to escape from the library, escaping The Figure.

So, he did all of that in 7 minutes.

Then, he goes to the door and matches the shapes with numbers on the manual.

'X = One, □ = Five, and then...'

*Hears The Figure's loud footsteps*

'Don't mind me, I don't exist. I cease to vanish.' He says nervously in his mind.

The door is unlocked, and he quickly runs out of the library to door 51.

The Figure heard the door click noise and quickly went to the exit. Too bad the door was closed right after Mio left.

The Figure lets out a roar2Here's a reference for The Figure's appearance, an old version of it. Spoiler alert! Because it is recommended to play the game first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEWjKwLxnqM&ab_channel=RobTheMaster, promising it'll get Mio next time.

Mio doesn't care. There's something more interesting on door 52.

After going through door 51, he reached door 52.

He opens the door and is greeted by a few entities, along with banger music.

*Music here3https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGtPfC5fQw&ab_channel=LSPLASH*

 

Introducing!
El Goblino! The only goblin in this hotel! He is small, has sharp nails, and he's RED4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs&ab_channel=rascrifice.
Jeff! The tentacle shopkeeper! For some reason, he's going to college. I'm pretty sure there's no Monster University around here.
And Bob! The skeleton! Who's... Well, dead, as a skeleton.

 

Before El Goblino greets the visitor, Mio greets him first. "Don't scratch the walls. I hate it."

The goblin was surprised. No visitors knew the door and wall scratching noises were his doings.

Mio stands in front of the shop, deciding what items to buy. He's a bit vibing to the music.

*Smugs* "Nevermind. I'm gonna stay here for a while."

=========================================================================================

0