Monkey King vs The X-Men
226 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now, who's next?" Asked Wukong as he retracted his staff, revealing a messy mush of human parts smeared across the floor. All that was left was the torn clothing and crushed insides as everyone stared at the horrific scene.

After a moment of silence, the screaming and retching of the young students who had never seen such a scene were what broke the silence. Any confidence they had in battling against Wukong had gone down the drain. They looked at him as if he was an embodiment of death, ready to clasp at their souls with his cold hand.

Even some X-Men members were slightly shivering. However, Lorna looked at the scene with a face of indifference. It was like she didn't even see the bundle of liquified human smush that laid beneath Wunong's feet. No, it was more that she didn't care.

'Genes I guess. Like father, like daughter.' She said as she felt the absence of natural human feelings that were being expressed all around her.

"Hey, you guys gonna stand around all day, gawking." Said Wukong, every move he made, making the students and the X-Men alike, flinch.

Meanwhile, Fury didn't say anything as his agents glanced at him, slightly shocked that their comrade was killed so easily. He didn't want to kill Wukong since for all he knew, if Wukong died, that staff might disappear or vanish. Worst-case scenario, the staff would become completely out of control and start to wreak havoc. And after seeing the capabilities of the staff, not only would they be in danger, but the whole world. Killing Wukong was a last-ditch effort. Therefore, he was inclined to have the X-Men do his job for him.

After a few seconds, footsteps could be heard as Gambit walked out of the crowd. 

"Let's see if you can use that staff properly." He said as he held his own staff in his hand.

"Alright. Maybe I can teach you a thing or two." Said Wukong as he prepared himself. After a few seconds, the two martial artists bolted at each other.

Wukong jabbed his staff a few times at the enemy, which was swiftly dodged, prompting Gambit to swing his staff horizontally at Wukong, however, it was once again dodged.

They went blow for blow as they showcased expert martial arts. The speed and precision with which they fought made them look like those cool movies that had Kung Fu masters battling.

Although, what was most noticeable about Gambit was how he was dodging most of Wukong's attacks and not blocking when one would expect him to. The only time he would make contact was when he lightly touched his staff with Wukong's so that it was put off course and wouldn't hit him.

Wukong stared at the man's red eyes as they fought. He noticed that they followed his staff and would never look anywhere else. It seemed that he was told about the power behind the staff. Wukong grinned inwardly as he swung his staff horizontally.

As expected, Gambit stared at the staff without looking anywhere else. As he prepared to dodge, he witnessed the staff lose its force as it started to fall to the ground. Looking back at Wukong, he noticed the enemy he had been fighting had disappeared.

"Forbidden Technique #2. Cock Shot." Saying this, Wukong, who had been in a kneeling position, uppercut the man's testicles as he simultaneously envisioned two walnuts cracking and breaking. 

His fist slammed into Gambit's testicles as the latter grunted in agony, moments away from screaming his head off.

As Gambit bent over and grabbed his jewels with both hands, he was met with the rock-hard knee of Wukong, slamming into his face, causing blood to gush out on impact.

Wukong grabbed his staff which was moments away from hitting the ground, and swung it with full force, gearing it toward Gambit's head.

Before his staff could make contact, Wukong heard a 'BAMF!' as a familiar devilish man appeared beside Gambit, placing his hand on him. And with another 'BAMF!' he had left just as quickly as he came, taking the red-eyed man with him.

Wukong stood with his staff as he contemplated what just happened. However, he was given no time to rest as he heard another 'BAMF!' behind him. As he turned around, he was met with a glowing red playing card that flew through the air toward him.

"Crap!" 

In the next second, a BOOM was heard Wukong was enveloped in the smoke and flames of the explosion.

The X-Men stared at the explosion, preparing for the fact that Wukong might emerge from the smoke. Professor Xavier stared at the smoke with intense eyes. He wanted this all to end and for Wukong to be taken as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, Fury crossed his finger and hoped that he was put down. If this battle expanded or Wukong decided to enlarge his staff, he and his agents would be in danger.

In all the chaos, Lorna could be seen watching with eyes of anticipation.

The smoke quickly dissipated and one could see a normal-sized pillar that appeared in the middle of battle. Behind it stood Wukong who fashioned a few burn marks and slapped a few flames off his clothes.

"That was a close one." He said as he retracted his staff. However, he wasn't even given a chance to breathe as he heard another 'BAMF!' behind him.

"That's not going to work twice." Said Wukong as he swung his staff with full force, waiting for the inevitable cracking and smushing noise that would follow.

And he was correct, Gambit stood behind him with Nightcrawler lightly touching his back. Wukong's staff travelled through the air as it was inches away from the enemy's ribs, ready to make contact.  

As Wukong prepared himself for the impact…nothing. Wukong's staff was met with air as it passed right through Gambit as if he wasn't even there.

Only then did Wukong notice the small brunette that held Nightcralwer's other hand behind him.

Just as he saw this, Wukong was met with the cold metallic steel of Gambit's staff, struck across his face, causing him to spit blood.

However, Wukong didn't give up. Following this motion, Wukong placed his hand on the ground as the opposite leg shot out, aiming to make contact with Gambit's face. 

However, the same anomaly had occurred. Wukong's attack was met with nothing but air as he took another blow to the gut.

Over and over, Wukong tried his best to counterattack, but none of his attacks made contact, which allowed his enemy to crack him over the face with their weapon. 

Nightcrawler could be seen quickly placing his hand on and off Gambit while Wukong suffered repeated blows from the latter. He couldn't even retreat since Nightcrawler would teleport them right back to him.

Hit after hit, Wukong suffered an onslaught of attacks. Even when he blocked it would phase through his staff and make contact with his face.

Until he saw an opening. He saw Nightcrawler's hand leave Gambit's body too early in preparation for the attack. This gave Wukong the opening he needed to turn the tides.

He put his whole body into this attack as his staff sliced through the air, beckoning to smash something. However, Wukong felt that something was wrong. He felt something towering over him as he was shrouded by a shadow.

Taking a look back, he witnessed Colossus standing over him with both hands clamped together, ready to smash him into the ground.

'What the hell? They intentionally showed me Nightcrawler's premature release so they could distract me.' Thought Wukong as he sweated slightly. He had already put his whole body into this attack. It was going to be nearly impossible to come out of this unscathed.

The ground trembled as everyone witnessed Colossus seemingly make contact with Wukong. Dust was kicked up into the air as it surrounded the warriors.

Tension surrounded the air as everyone watched with quiet breaths. After a few seconds, Wukong jumped out of the dust cloud and landed on the ground. Meanwhile, Lorna unknowingly sighed in relief.

Wukong held his ribs as his head dripped with blood. He felt his consciousness fading as he wobbled and fell onto one knee, gasping for air.

The dust dispersed and one could see Gambit, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat standing unscathed. However, Nightcrawler breathed heavily as it was evident that the rapid teleportation with 3 people was taking a toll on him.

Wukong calmed himself as he started to take deep breaths as he concocted a plan.

'One more time. Come on body. Don't fail me now. Just one more time.' 

As he thought this he bolted to the X-Men as they prepared themselves. Nightcrawler held the hand of Shadowcat as he placed his other hand on Gambit. With a 'BAMF!' they had disappeared, appearing right in front of Wukong.

'Come on. COME ON, ILLIAN!' As he said this he swung his weapon at Gambit, however, as usual, it phased right through him. At the speed Wukong was going, he joined his staff as they both phased through Gambit, appearing on the other side.

Nightcrawler removed his hand from Gambit as he swung around in a 180 motion, however, his attack was useless as it passed through the air.

'He's… he's gone.' Thought Gambit as he lost sight of the boy.

"Above you!" Screamed Peter. Hearing this, Gambit darted his eyes above him, only to see Wukong's staff retracting in length.

'He enlarged his staff and used it to thrust himself into the air.' Thought Gambit with wide eyes.

Wukong prepared his mouth for the magic words until he caught a glimpse of something sparkling in the corner of his eye.

Quickly taking a peek, he witnessed an ice blast heading straight for him, inches away from turning him into a popsicle, courtesy of Iceman.

Wukong cursed inwardly. He had two choices. Go through with the attack and suffer the blast, and in the state he was in right now, he wasn't sure he could take it. Or block the blast and lose what was probably going to be his last chance at victory.

Wukong contemplated his two choices before noticing a blue man and a brunette beside him, the blue man racing his hand to Gambit before Wukong could release his attack.

Wukong fashioned a mischievous grin as he reached out and grabbed Shadowcat. She looked at his hand, then at his face, as she saw the evil grin he had. Her heart started to race as he clenched her wrist harder. Out of instinct, she activated her ability as all three of them were now intangible.

The ice blast partly phased through Wukong before Nightcrawler noticed what was going on.

'Come on. Get out of me already. If this dude decides to teleport I'm done for. He could teleport me inside a volcano and there won't be a damn thing I could do about it.'

Nightcrawler looked at Shadowcat and noticed the hand before he started to follow it.

'Come on already.' Seconds felt like minutes while minutes felt like hours. All time seemed to slow down except for the 3 of them and the ice blast. Whatever happened in the next few seconds solely depended on this one moment.

There was only an inch left of the ice blast till it fully passed through him, however, it was too late. 

Nightcrawler stared into Wukong's eyes, seeing what he was pulling.

Wukong sweated buckets as he knew what was coming next. But he needed more time. 1 more second, no half a second. All he needed was half a second to come out victorious. Wukong's eyes darted from Nightcrawler and the beam as he held his breath, his heart threatening to jump out of his chest.

'Come on! COME ON! HALF A SECOND!'

'BAMF!' 

In the blink of an eye, Nightcrawler was gone with everyone that had somewhat of contact with him. Was it done…? Was the battle over…?

Wukong gritted his teeth as he laid in the air. He had escaped from Nightcrawler, but the beam hadn't phased fully through him, damaging him.

The cold bite of the ice proved too much for Wukong as he struggled to maintain his consciousness. 

The grip on his weapon loosened as his vision started to blur. 

Just then, he felt a searing pain in his mouth. His mouth bled and the blood dripped from the corner of his mouth as he bit his tongue once again. His eyes snapped open as he tightened the grip on his staff, twisting his body around and ready to deliver the final blow.

Only to be met with a tin man with his arms in an X shape, guarding his teammate and a pink barrier above him that belonged to Jean.

"Hahaha, don't you get it? It's over." Said Wukong with a laugh.

"Now you die." He said as his face suddenly turned dark.

"Ruyi, Expa…"

"Hey, asshole! You forgot about me!" Turning his head slightly, Wukong was met with Scott whose eyes were glowing red. In the next second, he shot out a rocket of a beam.

'Are you kidding me? Can I just please finish my attack?' 

Seeing this beam, Wukong knew it was over. He was going to have to expand his staff to block this and miss his chance to attack. 

Just as he thought this, he noticed his surroundings change slightly. Before he could look around, he witnessed a giant black metallic shield that looked as if it was forcefully mashed together, hovering and blocking the beam that was coming to him.

Wukong stared at this phenomenon without knowing who was responsible. But that was a question for another hour, as for right now, he had bugs to squash.

"Let's finish this! RUYI, EXPAND!" A deafening BOOM was heard that echoed for miles on end. The ground cracked as a small earthquake was released that threw everyone off their feet. Screams of fear and dread followed the explosion-like sound as the whole area was enveloped in dust and dirt. 

But what really mattered the most was…  Who won?

18