Chapter 8
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Akemi... Akemi..," a voice rings in her ears calling. She turns her head back and looks for the voice.

"What's wrong?" said Akira. She scratches her head and tries to think where and who's voice is it. Without further ado, she ignores the voice and walks away.

Chue, however, stares at Akira for hours. Akira was annoyed with Chue's behavior. He treated Akira like a soulmate. Akira walks closer to Megumin before something happens. Since Osamu's demise, Akemi rubs her tummy so frequently. Megumin watches her demeanor. She looks forward to it.

On the next day, they arrive at the small rural village. Akira and others rest nearby while Megumin asks for information. " Where are we?" said Chue.

"We're in Maizigou. Let's have a rest for a moment," said Megumin. Since they were in South Korea, they had been restless from a long journey. Akemi's breathe was heavy than the others, especially when we ran from those Legions. She felt dizzy and her eyes partially shut. But she still pushes herself to keep moving.

At a small hut, they dine in and sleep for a night. Chue and Akira scramble to eat some delicacies in front of them. Meanwhile, Megumin stares at Akemi, eating a small portion of food, her hands shake and her eyes begin to glaze up. Megumin goes near to her and gave half of her plate. She starts to burst out. She couldn't stand the emotions of her loss. So, Megumin immediately hugs and pats her head to calm her down.

Suddenly, her phone rings. She left the table and goes out of the hut to answer a call. It is Anita and she said that their mother, Aiko Suzuki wanted to talk with Megumin.

"I had no problem mom. I'm fine, just busy on my mission," said Megumin.

"Oh, I just wanted to talk with you. I miss you so much, dear," said Aiko. They talk for hours. This time, Megumin smiles. Akira and Chue stare at her.

"What do you looking at?" said Tomioka. They got stutter and look away. Tomioka goes near to his daughter to listen to their conversation. He misses his own wife's small voice. "Ask her, How's my third daughter is doing?" he said.

"Mom, how's Anastasia?" said Megumin.

"She's sleeping. Her eyes took from your father's," said Aiko. She glances for a second, stares at her father's eyes. She realizes that Tomioka's eyes have the same eyes as her sister, reddish, blood colors. He smirks at his daughter for her reaction. Later, she ends the call and sits silently.

"Do you believe me now?" said Tomioka. Megumin didn't make a single voice. Her hair covers her eyes, doesn't speak, and she's nervous. Tomioka stands in front of her and kneels down. "There's nothing to concerned. You saw your sister's eyes in front of you," said Tomioka. He saw his own daughter bite her lips, her eyes glazes, and her voice stutters. He took her phone and try to speak.

"Who is this?" said Aiko.

"Can you pass to Anita?" Then, Aiko gave it to Anita.

"Hello? What's going on?"

"Would rather pick paroxysmal or solace?" Tomioka whispered. It goes silent after he said it.

"D-dad? is that...you?" Anita stuttering.

"Anita, dear, you've grown so much and you look beautiful as your mother's," he said. Suddenly, the phone call ended.

Anita becomes speechless. "Dear, are you okay?" said Aiko.

"Oh, it's nothing. She has a lot of tough times. She needs some rest," said Anita. Without furthermore, she immediately goes out and closes the door. Soon, she burst out. "Daddy!!! I miss you so f**k*** much. Why do you leave me?!" she moaned.

All the doctors and nurses try to keep her calm. Some of them hug Anita. "Calm down, miss. You don't wanna make any further events," one of the nurses said. But, she can't soothe herself because couldn't accept the reality that her father is still alive. She continues to cry but gets eased a bit until she is asleep.

Meanwhile, Tomioka looks at Megumin's phone, full of confusion after that happen. He gave back her phone and return to his table.

-------------------------------0-------------------------------

Shady valley, silent street, smokes come out from the forging kitchen, with crowded customers. Next to the restaurant is a rent room. There we lived with Takeru. Atina went out for some stocks. "Any news from My Akemi," I said.

"She's dead," said Takeru. I got my eyes wide open, my hands shake and my voice suddenly shutter. "Nah just joking. She's fine,"

"Stop teasing me like that. You almost made me a heart attack," He chuckles a lot.

"Where is she. I'm hungry," he said. I also thought about that. It's not because I'm hungry, but concerned about her safety.

"Should we have a look for her?" I said.

"Whatever," he got amused. So we go out and find her from trace to shops.

"She used to be here. It's ridiculous that she went to the other shop,"

"Let me find her all by myself," Then, I try to use the Holy Sonar, which I can detect my target efficiently. Soon, I found something unusual. Weirdly, Atina was walking home.

"Uhm, something is not right," said Takeru. "I felt the strong aura somewhere near. We must be ready,"

We prepared ourselves to avoid any sudden attack. "Takeru-sama, I saw Atina walks home,"

"Wait, we just left. But, that way?" said Takeru.

"Yes, I also realize something odd," After that, the movement gets near on us. It's unpredictable and flashy.

"Can you catch its rhythm?"

"No, negative," he said. The entity then wound my shoulders deeply. Takeru, however, try to find the rhythm on that entity we encountered.

"Fire Blind," he immediately blinds the entity with fire, instead of smoke or flash. The entity wore a hood and carry a backpack. No longer after that, he runs as fast as possible. We chase it with high paced. It was an intense chase than I used to be. We have to climb on the walls, jump on buildings, and break the windows and such all that, we have to go to the amusement park. He went through into the crowds to avoid us capturing him.

"What should we do now?" I said.

"Don't worry, I got samples of it," said Takeru.

"Nice," So, no doubt, we can find that entity that stalks us from at our back.

0