Chapter 97: Silent Infiltration
49 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 97: Silent Infiltration

“Ain, restrain yourself until they leave. That Jasper Cat is a Rank-0 Spirit Beast; those injuries aren’t life-threatening,” Sergeant Lunabrooke's voice resonated directly within Ain's mind.

As soon as the blue-masked envoy began flicking the pups’ foreheads, Ain's spirit energy faintly circulated as he prepared to attack. But before his intentions came to fruition, Sergeant Lunabrooke's hand firmly clasped his shoulder.

Ain's spirit energy instantly escaped his control, dissipating like the wind. The strength in his muscles vanished alongside his spirit energy, like a spark of flame doused by cold water, bringing a halt to his movements.

Ain could only silently endure his anger as the entire scene unfolded. When the black-masked envoy struck the cat, a sudden burst of rage emerged within his heart, accompanied by Nox's frantic attempts to escape Ain's spirit ring. Unfortunately, the spirit ring was just like Sergeant Lunabrooke's hand, barring their actions.

The members of Viper Beast Provisions left the hall amidst their discussion. The spirit tamer carrying the pups disappeared behind a side door, accompanied by another with Ain's alchemy instruments.

Sergeant Lunabrooke sighed internally while sensing the struggle within Ain. "These spirit beasts must be quite important to him."

He'd initially accompanied Ain to assist in the spirit beasts’ rescue, but the nature of this incident changed drastically with the Order of Blood Origin’s involvement. After eavesdropping on their conversation, Sergeant Lunabrooke wished to avoid alerting the enemy.

For once, Ain’s emotions triumphed over his rationality by choice. Wisdom Root’s effects were ever present. The Order of Blood Origin’s involvement mattered little to Ain. But alas, his strength was lacking to fulfill his desire.

Ain’s gaze was locked onto the cat’s unconscious figure, his simmering emotions slowly veiling behind his eyes. A few minutes elapsed in silence before the two spirit tamers returned from the side door. They chatted and laughed loudly and exited through the elevator hallway door. Ain stared at their backs, hints of tranquility returning to his gaze.

Sergeant Lunabrooke sensed Ain’s settling mental state, taken aback by the rapid shift. Ain’s emotions had boiled almost instantaneously, and then placated in a similar manner.

Once the door closed, Sergeant Lunabrooke released his grip while reassuring, “Don’t worry. The cat is still alive.”

Regaining his freedom, Ain immediately bolted forward, arriving beside the cat instantly. He internally consoled Nox, while crouching on his knees and gently cradling the injured cat. The Heal runestones were already pressed against the bloodstained white fur as he injected his spirit energy.

A mellow green glow shrouded the cat, slowly healing its injuries. In Ain’s vision, the injuries squirmed slightly due to the accelerated recovery, however, the effects weren’t satisfactory. The broken bone piercing through its hind leg exhibited no signs of recovery, and the flesh around it seemed unresponsive.

Just as Ain reached for his storage ring to retrieve the Vital Harmony Spring, Sergeant Lunabrooke appeared beside him, suspending the effects of Ethereal Form. “It’ll take much longer to heal these injuries with a Rank-1 Heal. Use these instead.”

Ain, who was still invisible, reached out for the two runestones presented by Sergeant Lunabrooke.

[Name: Runestone – Vital Infusion]

[Attribute: Blood]

[Rank: Beginner Rank-2]

[Name: Runestone – Verdant Renewal]

[Attribute: Wood]

[Rank: Beginner Rank-3]

“Vital Infusion can restore blood and vitality while Verdant Renewal can swiftly heal it. You can use them simultaneously,” Sergeant Lunabrooke explained. Ain injected some spirit energy into the Ethereal Form runestone, removing its effects before nodding at Sergeant Lunabrooke.

Just like before, he gently pressed the runestones onto the cat, resulting in a mix of green and red suffusing its form. Before his eyes, the glow concentrated on the broken bone as it began to twitch. A mystical force manifested and pushed the broken bone into place as the surrounding flesh rapidly regenerated.

In less than a minute, the green and red glows dissipated, revealing the cat. Its fur was slightly matted, still covered in blood, but its injuries had completely healed. With its eyes still closed, its tiny chest heaved up and down rhythmically.

“Ain, I apologize for stopping you earlier, but it was the best course of action. Eliminating their artificer will drastically affect the Order’s activity within the city and save numerous lives,” Sergeant Lunabrooke broke the silence with his sincere words.

Ain was naturally aware of this as he’d also heard the conversation between Gavric Sorn and the silver-masked envoy. If Gavric Sorn obtained an Origin Bone Cauldron, Viper Beast Provisions would proactively hunt spirit tamers and extract Blood Essence.

To the Law Enforcement Agency, the life of a Fair Spirit Beast wasn’t comparable to innocent spirit tamers. Sergeant Lunabrooke already displayed kindness by assisting him and providing runestones. Ain buried the hint of negativity in his heart and responded, “I understand. Thank you for the runestones.”

Ain stood up, cradling the cat in his arms and offered a small bow in gratitude.

Sergeant Lunabrooke’s smile returned as he activated his hololink while proposing, “Ain, go rescue the Voltic Wolf cubs. I’ll inform the Lieutenant in the meantime.”

“Okay,” Ain readily agreed and hurried to the side door.

After Ain disappeared behind the door, Sergeant Lunabrooke forwarded the video evidence to Lieutenant Hyfer before calling him.

[Lucas, what’s up? I was just about to watch the video you sent me.”

“Elric, we stumbled upon Viper Beast Provisions colluding with the Order of Blood Origin. I recorded their meeting and sent it to you. The Order is dispatching an artificer to craft an Origin Bone Cauldron for Viper Beast Provision. This is a good opportunity.”

At the previous Law Enforcement Agency, Lieutenant Hyfer, who was lounging around, widened his eyes surprise before immediately concealing it. He lowered his voice and asked, “Did they discover you?”

Back in the Viper Beast Provisions’ basement, Sergeant Lunabrooke responded, “No. The envoys from the Order have already left.”

[Alright. Stay hidden and wait. I’ll arrive and isolate the place soon. Prepare to take control of them.]

Sergeant Lunabrooke swiftly concluded the call and followed after Ain. He arrived at a large room after bypassing the short hallway.

“Woof! Woof!”

“Woof! Woof!”

Inside, Ain had already released the caged pups and sat on the floor, the cat still in his arms. The pups placed their front paws on his knees as they hopped in place, displaying their emotions. They leaned closer to the cat at times and gently licked its face in worry and consolation. Ain smiled while patting their heads.

Sergeant Lunabrooke observed with a smile and said, “Ain, Lieutenant Hyfer will be here soon, and we plan to subdue the Viper Beast Provisions. You’ll have to hide here until we’re finished.”

Ain nodded before asking, “What’ll happen to them afterwards?” He was aware that the Viper Beast Provision would’ve outlived their usefulness after the artificer was fished out.

Sergeant Lunabrooke’s smile faded as he responded immediately, “Colluding with the Order of Blood Origin is punishable by death.”

Ain nodded once again. Although he couldn’t personally exact revenge, their outcome was still satisfactory. Moreover, there were still the envoys…

A dangerous glint flashed past Ain’s eyes.

“Lieutenant, that’s the building.” A few figures silently appeared in the darkness of the night, staring at the Viper Beast Provisions’ base like venomous snakes.

“Surround it and assemble the spell array. Once this place is isolated, move in and subdue everyone,” Lieutenant Hyfer commanded.

“Understood.” The surrounding figures silently maneuvered in the shadows and left for their duties.

Lieutenant Hyfer tapped his hololink and a call connected, “We’re here. Prepare to move.”

[Understood.] Sergeant Lunabrooke replied formally. He wouldn’t be casual toward his superior during an operation.

A few minutes later, Lieutenant Hyfer’s eyes sharpened as he ordered, “Begin!”

Acknowledging the command, the enforcement officers immediately infiltrated the building. Lieutenant Hyfer’s figure suddenly vanished, and he appeared inside the front entrance. As it was nighttime, there were only a few regular employees and janitors in sight.

Lieutenant Hyfer walked right past them, yet they failed to notice his presence. His divine sense spread out like a wave, mapping out the surroundings and detecting his targets. “Found them.”

He appeared in a hallway, walking along unhurriedly. As he approached a corner, he outstretched his palm in a grabbing motion. Just when he seemed to be grasping air, a head suddenly walked around the corner and dove into the palm.

“W-Wha-“

With a light squeeze, spirit energy boiled, and the Advanced Rank-1 Spirit Tamer was incapacitated. Without batting an eye, Lieutenant Hyfer dragged the spirit tamer along, heading toward the higher floors with his red mane waving.

Enforcement Officers infiltrated and used their means to stealthily sweep through the building. Some spirit pets silently manifested beside their unsuspecting targets, while others attacked from afar. A silent performance unfolded, without any disturbances.

The spell array’s isolation and beguiling effects ensured a clean operation.

When Lieutenant Hyfer reached the fifth floor, his six subordinates followed behind, dragging unconscious bodies alongside. Except for Gavric Sorn and a Beginner Rank-2 Spirit Tamer, the remaining members of Viper Beast Provisions had already been captured.

The group of seven silently walked along the hallway and arrived before an intricate wooden door, which opened automatically. Lieutenant Hyfer smoothly entered, revealing a luxurious suite. A thick red rug lined the floor with expensive artworks and sculptures displayed on the walls and corners.

Walking to the extensive living room, two unconscious figures appeared on a large sofa, right beside Sergeant Lunabrooke.

“Lieutenant, you’re just in time. Did you capture everyone?” Sergeant Lunabrooke greeted.

“Yeah,” Lieutenant Hyfer nodded before signaling behind him. On cue, the six enforcement officers dragged all the captives and bunched them next to Gavric Sorn.

“The rest is up to you, Lucas.” Lieutenant Hyfer patted Sergeant Lunabrooke’s shoulder and spoke.

patreon.com/SkyLimitless

4