Important Announcement
147 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Important! Please Read Until the End!*

Greetings to all my readers!

I’ll cut to the chase: I’ve rebooted (not rewritten) Forsaken Haven after careful consideration! (First chapter is already out!!)

Forsaken Haven was my first attempt at creative writing. I thoroughly enjoyed the process, but the story gradually strayed from what I’d imagined due to my lack of organization, planning, and foresight. This led to poor development in terms of plot and characters. After five months of writing, I realized the deficiencies in my execution, prompting me to reboot it.

The reboot is called “Epoch of the Wisdom King.” (Not quite accurate, but it can be considered an alternate beginning to Forsaken Haven.)

In Forsaken Haven, I mentioned that Ain’s first year in Duskfield City was meant to build his foundation as a spirit tamer. While true, it was wasn’t supposed to take this long (over 100 chapters). I made the mistake of setting the story’s major plot after he’d left Duskfield City and then taking my sweet time getting there.

Epoch of the Wisdom King’s prologue arc is less than 20 chapters and is significant to the major plot. The upcoming events (to my excitement) are heavily influenced by what I’d planned for Ain after he’d left Duskfield City in Forsaken Haven. All the familiar world-elements and characters are still there, but the plot has seen major alterations. There will be an enhanced focus on character development and interactions as I better try to flesh out the characters.

Aside from that, I’d like to request feedback on what you found lacking in Forsaken Haven. Although I’ve already written the prologue arc, these suggestions will be taken into consideration going forward.

The new update schedule is 3 chapters per week on the weekends. Average chapter lengths haven’t changed but I’ll try to increase them gradually once I have a reasonable backlog.

If you have any questions (regarding either story), please comment and I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability. Since Forsaken Haven is discontinued, I’ll answer any plot questions that aren’t relevant in Epoch of the Wisdom King. (Hugo and Paula weren’t going to survive the conclusion of Duskfield City.)

With that said, I’m grateful for the support I’ve received, and I hope you enjoy Epoch of the Wisdom King.

You can read it here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/950957/epoch-of-the-wisdom-king/

Epoch of the Wisdom King

3