Good Friends
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To be honest, dinner wasn’t that great. Hermione clearly thought of Fleur as shallow, especially when she started to talk about the differences to Beauxbatons and was openly complaining about Hogwarts to her date. Hermione also looked down on Luna for her talk about creatures… 

Well.. Rosene wasn't a fan. 

Viktor did glance apologizing at them more than just a few times only to jump up and take the Italian with him to grab a few more drinks for the group. “She.. isn’t that bad. She is intelligent and she knows a lot.”

“And she is opinionated. Quick to judge and excuse me but… this comes from me but she’s brash and bossy.”

“I still like her.. even when this didn’t go over that well.”

“Suit yourself. It’s not like I have to deal much more with her.”

“Exactly. Still… be nice.”

“I’m nice.. unless someone is rude.”

“She didn’t mean to. She is a muggleborn, she grew up differently.”

“Viktor… I’m a muggleborn as well.”

“I know… it’s just…"

“What?”

“You’re older and you got properly introduced to our culture and etiquette. Hogwarts doesn’t offer that.”

“You know being ignorant isn’t an excuse.. especially if you’re that convinced of your own opinions.”

“I… I know that.”

“Yes, you do. She will fall flat on her face at one point because of it.”

“Maybe.”

“Certainly. But as I do not need to deal with her any further I’m leaving it alone. Your choice of friends is your business after all.”

“But you don’t approve.”

“Do I have to? I don’t approve of many things and I still can’t change them.” she sighed “Have a good evening, Viktor. I still want you to have a nice night and if you want to dance with someone who can actually do it you know where I am.”

her feet carried her back almost immediately, placing the punch glasses down before she offered her hand to Luna once again.

The blonde immediately accepted as the two made their way away from the table.

“Rosene?”

“Yes?”

“Can I visit my friends as well?”

She paused “Your friends? Obviously.”

Luna smiled as she pulled the Italian towards a redhead “Ginny, this is Rosene.”

The redhead looked up from ehr conversation with her partner “Oh, hey… I’m Luna's best friend.”

Rosene forced the smile on her face “Oh really? For how long?”

“Since we were children.”

“Interesting.”

Ginny tilted her head “Why?”

her black abysslike eyes practically drilled into Ginny's brown ones “It must have been hard for you then… I mean.. witnessing your best friend get bullied.. their things stolen… and getting called names. Must have been quite hard, right?”

Ginny opened her mouth “Well… I…”

“But I’m glad that Luna has such a good friend that stands with her through anything. She’s such a good person, right? You just want to whisk her away and make sure no one ever hurts her, right?”

Rosene knew she was still a bit on edge from the dinner and well… Ginny? She had seen the girl before… she was popular and no matter that they had been in different houses… she hadn’t helped Luna, not in any way.  To be honest Rosene hadn’t even seen much of Ginny and Rosene spend quite a lot of her time with the blonde.

Ginny actually turned beet red “I’m a good friend.”

"Totally."

“I did my best… I… what do you expect of me?”

“Nothing.”

 Ginny's mouth dropped open.

Rosene just smiled “Pleasant evening, right?”

Nevcille chuckled nervously “Y-yeah.. I… Ginny? Want to dance again?”

The redhead immediately accepted, leaving them.

Luna stared up at her date “Rosene?”

“Yes?”

“You’re blunt.”

She hummed “I guess. Probably just not used to how the Brits deal with people… must be a cultural difference.”

Luna slowly nodded “That must be it… Rosene?”

“Yes?”

“Harry looks downtrodden.”

“Alright?”

“Can you be silent this time?”

Rosene lifted her hand to her chest “You think I would be rude?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, I won’t speak to him then.”

Luna hummed as she made her way towards the duo of best friends.

Rosene did hold her promise, simply crossing her arms as she watched Luna be more sensible than her.

Her eyes did wander to the set of twins. “Farina? Need me here?”

The blonde glanced up but shook her head.

Rosene grinned, glancing at Lyam who while having chosen to go with Valentina did handle the ball like every other Soiree, which meant mingling and dancing with whomever you wanted. She simply beckoned him to come closer.

Lyam tilted his head but did step towards her “What is it?”

“I see two very neglected girls here who are having a nightmare of an evening because of very unattentive partners. Think we should do something about that?”

“Oh… that definitely won’t do.” He immediately pulled on his charming smile before he stepped in front of one of the twins and in comparison to Rosene, Lyam did like his etiquette as he asked the girl to dance in perfect manner.

Rosene smiled slightly at the way the girl lit up as she casually wandered over to offer her hand to the other twin “If you would like to dance as well?”

The girl who had looked slightly jealous at her twin lit up “Thank you! Anything is better than sitting here!”

Rosene chuckled as she whisked the girl on the dancefloor “I do pride myself in my dancing skills to not just be anything.”

The girl blushed “Oh.. I.. I didn’t mean it like that.”

“No problem. I’m certain you were just distraught by your unattentive date, right?”

“Yes, I’m Parvati.”

“Rosene. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Rosene did keep her word, expertly twirling Parvati around, not really caring for the fact that the girl was inexperienced in dancing. Rosene was more than just good at leading at this point and as Parvati at least knew the basics she had no problems making it work.

It was nice though. Sure Parvati was clearly way too young to get her in any way interested in her but… it was nice to get a girl, who literally had her whole evening ruined that badly, to smile like this.

 

0