Something isn’t right
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diamond huffed a bit as he walked down the hall of his home, being a simple two story house, it was a simple home, no extreme decorations and was designed to be well, comfortable. He sighed heavily as he sat against his counter and pushed some strands of hair back. God he was stressed out. They wanted to do the same thing to Aqua they did back in Ireland. Basically kick her out, shun her for existing. He looked to his mobile phone and stared at it for a brief moment. He knew he could just call her and ask. But he didn't want to stress Aquamarine more than she probably was. Doubt she wanted to talk and Heru was escorting her as well. Of all people it had to be him. Diamond scoffed to himself and sat his phone down as he walked out of the house with a light jacket. He needed answers and he knew where to go.

Aquamarine laid on her stomach on her bed as she scrolled through her phone. Heru had dropped her off not to long ago at her apartment since well, they spent the whole day together. She was of course more introverted than Heru was so she needed time to recover on her own. After scrolling through some social media she sat her phone to the side and laid on her back. Was she really dangerous? She did receive a call basically saying she was fired. Her powers being a health hazard apparently. She sighed and lifted her arm and allowed a small blob of blood come out, she rolled it around on her hand like a ball as she stared at it. It's not like she could infect anyone. She sighed and allowed it to vanish back into her wrist and rolled to her side. Jumping a bit as she heard a few thumps at her door and she rushed over to see what it was. Opening said door she noticed that there was some bio hazard tape blocking her from getting out and the thumping was from the neighbors running off. She let out a loud groan and ripped the tape off her door frame before slamming the door in anger.

"What a bunch of... UGH!" She then threw the tape in the garbage and paced around the apartment cupping her head. After a moment of pacing back and forth she looked over her shoulder seeing the closet door, upon its handle was a dangling rune that gave off a faint light. Letting out a heavy sigh she pulled her boots on, since she was wearing a sweater and some jeans already, she then opened the door after blowing on the rune. A bright light captivated the dim apartment as a soft breeze entered as well, Aqua covered her face as her long hair flowed back. She stopped for a moment and locked her front door as well as grabbing her phone before she entered the closet, shutting the door behind her. As she turned around she gave a soft smile as the smell of fresh air entered her lungs clearing her senses.

The smell of rain and grass emulated her, of course the many smells of cooking meat, the smoky smell of fire, and the sounds of chatter echoed but the smell of rain and grass attacking her senses as soon as she entered. She was home. And not just in Ireland, but the land of Elemental's version of Ireland. Rumored by the land of Fae by humans they weren't wrong that magical creatures weren't around. But it was created by the first ruler of the Celtic realm Diamond the first to pretty much lie to the humans that they were fae and it was forbidden. Kinda scaring them off which worked for the water and earth Elementals who lived in Ireland and Scotland. Aquamarine looked around her surroundings seeing she was transported at the castle her family ran. Coming out of her wardrobe in her old room, she carefully stepped down and jumped some as she noticed a maid dusting, who haven't even noticed her yet either.

"Afternoon Natty." Aquamarine stated and the other female jumped as she turned, holding her duster to her chest and sighed in relief.

"Milady Aquamarine... Thank heavens it's just you. You gave my poor heart a jump start." Aquamarine laughed a bit and shut the doors to the wardrobe, the same rune being on the handles of the wardrobe. She pushed her bangs back and rose a thick brow to Natty who started dusting again.

"My room used for guests?" Aqua asked as she looked around, pacing a bit as she opened her drawers. Natty shook her head as she turned to the female.

"No milady. No one uses this room. Sure we take ye clothes and wash them and even clean your bed. But we know you come here now and again." Natty said as she stood straight, Aqua smiled as she shut the drawer and did a small curtsy with the hems of her large sweater and started for the door.

"I'm going to take a walk. I'll see you later Natty!" Aqua then left as the maid chuckled to herself. Glad that she was seeing her princess again. Aquamarine happily walked down the halls as servants now noticed her and greeted her, they being non-blue blood. Aquamarine acknowledged them as she wandered through the old castle halls. Nothing had changed since her childhood, not once. The people here lived still they did in the medieval era. With some modern technology such as trains, better kitchen and medicine, but everything else was still relevant to the old times. She looked over seeing the stables nearby, the sound of horses, hippogriffs, griffons, phoenixes, all kinds of mounts used by the Elementals making noises as they do. She continued past the courtyard to find the throne room. The room was completely empty and she looked around. The halls seemed quite calm, tapestries decorating the walls showing many stories, folk tales, and wars. She walked over to the throne and gently ran her fingers over her father's throne's arm rest.

"Missed home?" The voice asked almost causing the female to jump out of her skin. She turned to see Opal her father standing by one of the many entries of the throne room. He smiled softly to her as he walked over and sat himself in his throne and offered Aquamarine to sit in her mother's throne. Hesitantly she did so and rubbed her arm. Opal noticed this and leaned forward with his arms on his knees as he sighed, "So... Emm.. Your mother she's got a bad case of the flu right now. She'll be fine." Opal reassured and Aquamarine curled herself up after taking her boots off, looking around as she avoided eye contact.

"I do hope she gets better.. Best doctors?" She asked and Opal nodded as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeh... Um.. Aquamarine.. The council wants to figure out what your plan is? I mean involving your.. Recent reveal. Because if you don't make a decision they will."

Aquamarine let out a heavy sigh and slouched a bit, hugging her legs as she thought a moment, barely moving her head she looked to Opal who was watching her, she examined her father a moment. Sure he was a very large, hairy, muscular man. Basically what anyone would think if they heard of Thor or a viking or even a dwarf if you got the imagination. Wearing his royal gear at this very moment as well. As she studied him he seemed genuinely worried for her well being. She shrugged a moment and looked to the floor, "I do want you to know though, Aquamarine.. Your room is ALWAYS made for you." Aqua smiled softly and looked to Opal after a moment.

"I.. I don't know what I'm doing. I may stay here for a few days but.. I still got my apartment to go home to. It's not like I'll be hurting.. Just felt nice to have that independence you know?" She huffed and Opal nodded some, he didn't seem to really understand from what Aqua can tell from his body language but his face did say he was trying. She shrugged again as she continued, "I uhh.. I really made a bags of this eh?" She laughed and Opal stood up before kneeling before Aqua and patted her head as he smiled softly.

"You're strong Aquamarine. I know I can be unfair to you but it's because I know you're strong. But even if you know your limits with your powers... I clearly don't know it at all. I'll inform them that we're forming a plan. For now.. I guess stay here as long as you need." He then leaned forward and kissed her forehead, "It's at least good to see you home."

Diamond entered the small building as people wondered the dirt streets, lowering his hood to expose his long white hair tied up completely as he looked around. Pacing himself a bit before noticing a figure at a table sitting down. The figure looked up and smirked a bit, an old crepid woman's voice came from this odd figure.

"Ahh! Your majesty! I knew you'd come in welcome!" She purred and Diamond nodded as he approached, the place was known to be of fortune telling, black magik, even dark Elemental magik, something people would consider the occult.. However; this woman was the real deal. Using real magik and spells. Admitting that the cards and decoration was just for show. Diamond shuttered at one of the odd paintings before sitting himself down. The woman leaned over and all Diamond could see was piercing blue eyes. He leaned forward after dropping a bag of coin down making a large clank and thud. The female cooed at the sound and started counting as Diamond rested his arms on the table.

"That work for you?"

"Indeed~ What is it you wish sire?" She asked and Diamond reached into his wallet and offered a photo. In the photo of Aquamarine. It was from a photo done at a studio and she seemed pretty awkward, wearing a white dress in the photo with her hair up done in braids, shockingly fully up as well. The woman tilted her head and made a noise of curiosity. She looked to Diamond curiously.

"This is my sister.. I'm worried for her well being and future. What can you tell me so I can change it?" The woman seemed puzzled and Diamond offered a small container, "I had to steal my own sister's hair from her brush for this.." The woman cooed and grabbed a small bowl from nearby then placed it onto the table. She dropped the wad of hair in the bowl before being amazed on how long the strands were then the photo.

"What is her element? I need it so I can make a sub for it or use it's roots."

"Blood." Diamond said sheepishly, he then shuttered as the woman grabbed a dagger from a block then pulled Diamond's hand over and cut his palm with said knife, after a few drops were placed inside Diamond yanked his hand away and used his powers to numb his wound, "YOU CRAZY?!" He asked shocked as the hag shrugged, tossing an aquamarine quartz into the bowl as well.

"Well, you said it was blood and what's the next best thing but use kin?" She asked as she grabbed a small vile, "Oh you'll be fine you lived to wars." She scolded as she poured the vile in, once the last drop was dropped there was a loud puff of smoke, Diamond leaning back as the woman leaned forward, a large cloud of blue smoke filled the room. The woman's blue eyes squinted a bit. She then lowered her hood, exposing dark blue hair and her piercing pale blue eyes. Tilting her head curiously at the site, from what Diamond can see of her face as the smoke cleared he saw her aging face. Worried about the look upon her face.

"Kyanite?" He asked and Kyanite looked to Diamond with a stern look, "Is.. Everything alright cousin?" He asked and Kyanite shook her head as she sat back down.

"From what I saw... I don't know if.. It's sooner or later but something big is going to happen. The Shadow that already plague your human world is lead by something strong.. And I don't know the outcome. But.. Luckily from what I see a possible future Aquamarine is successful." She smiled softly and Diamond looked relieved, "Also.. I do see something odd with her links. Is.. Is she not fully related?"

"What? Of course she is!" Diamond scoffed, "Why would you assume such a thing?" He asked standing and Kyanite shrugged and gave a so-so hand gesture.

"Eh just wanted to point it out." She stood up and gestured for him to leave, "Now go, you got a war to prepare for."

"Wait!" He stopped her as he held his hands up, "What about her safety now?" He asked, "What about her now?"

"Diamond Rae Mil'Rose... She is as safe as she is now. Yes she's going to deal with crummy humans but she's so much stronger than you or I can imagine. Remember the war? How she violently swung that great weapon of hers?" Kyanite smiled at the memory, "She was a fighter and she still is." She then cupped Diamond's cheeks and kissed his forehead, "She has the best big brother to see into that." She then patted his cheeks before leaning close, "The tone of a pale blue light will grow into two. One of life and one of death. No one knows who is who. Only one will be in the depths and the other in the light. And soon one will bring the world into a life shining bright." Kyanite then grabbed Diamond's face and stared into his puzzled eyes, "Do not let the one of life fail their mission." She then shoved Diamond out of the shop and slammed the door, Diamond was obviously shocked at this and thought a moment as he stood there.

"What did she... Huh?" Diamond scoffed some in question as he pulled his hood up and left the streets heading to the castle, his gut just didn't seem to sit well. What was going on exactly?

Agate walked down a staircase after opening a hidden door within her library. She's been down this floor before and she's done it many times, after going down the dark corridor she turned on a few lights and the dark room became a bit dim. She sighed heavily and went over to the large black mass in the corner of the room, which didn't flinch at all. She cleared her throat as she approached.

"Lord A.. Teal.. I have had a meeting with the other rulers, well say the king and queen of water.. What would you like me to do?" The large black mass turned to face the female, pale white skin, barely touched by the sun showed and shimmering teal shade of blue almost glistoning and fading to a white. Showing a male figure he stood up and his hair covering the left side of his face. His skin cracking and peeling away, showing an almost grotesque feature as black ooze dripped from the cracks. He reached a hand to Agate's cheek and leaned down as the large black mass covering his body swirled around them as she trembled. She's never been afraid of anything but this one person. She's been assisting him and helping him in any means, she however feared what was to come if he succeeded. Dead cold fading teal eyes stared to her brown as he grabbed her chin as he leaned closer to her.

"Continue.." He said his voice deep and raspy, as if he was dying, "I need... That girl.. She is the key.." He said and Agate nodded some in his grasp.

"I-I know but... How can I convince them?" She then gasped as he suddenly grabbed her throat and pinned her to the wall, the large black mass surrounding him grew threateningly as she wiggled in his hold. Despite his weakening state he easily pinned her to the wall with just a hold to her neck. Cold dead eyes staring at her horrified face as she gasped for air her lungs hurting as he tightened it. She could feel her body almost dying in his hold.

"I need her. She is the key. Do you not understand?" He then dropped her as she made gasping and gagging sounds with a loud thud, "You need to figure a way to bring her to me or I WILL die." He then offered his hand to her, Agate looked to him then his hand, screaming and pushing herself against the wall seeing a horrifying black centipede, the small creature covered with moving eyes as it screeched at her, she looked up to Teal again physically trembling at this point in time.

"S-Sir she's guarded though... B-By Garnet, Ruby's son! How am I-"

"You find a way. You're smart, Agate." The Shadow centipede crawled onto her leg and moved over her body as she audibly screamed, "You'll figure it out.

Aquamarine looked kind of awkward sitting with her parents in the throne room. Dressing into the appropriate dress so her clothes could be washed she watched the two due their royal duties. After a few settlements with a few common folk Diamond came in as he rubbed his face, Opal looked excited as Topaz tilted her head.

"Oh hello, Diamond dear, why don't you join us?" She asked offering the second seat that was in between the royal thrones, before he could protest he noticed Aquamarine who was fiddling with her fingers. He sighed and went over taking his seat next to his sister and father.

"Alright.." He scoffed some and Opal nudged his son's arm and chuckled.

"The last one we dealt with was about land. A tree grew between two farmer's land so we convinced them just to share it since it's a pretty big tree. Isn't that great?" He openly laughed a bit as Aqua and Diamond looked to one another then their father puzzled.

"Umm.. Father... It's the twenty-first century.. There's more pressing matters than trees.." She stated and Opal stopped laughing and looked to the two.

"Aquamarine, being a ruler is not only dealing with the large pressing matters but also with the small. To reassure our people that they are heard and they matter. Even if it's something as small as a tree. And that tiny matter can become a big one."

"Your father is right you too." Topaz added as she turned to the two, "Diamond you're going to have to remember that when you become kind and once you marry."

"Y-Yes mother." Diamond said as he sat straight and Aqua sighed as she slouched some. She wasn't gonna be queen why was she here again? As a few of the matters were cleared through a guard came forward as Opal sat forward, puzzled by this man here.

"What is it?" He asked, the guard bowed a moment and he pulled out a parchment as he read out loud.

"The Queen of Air and Wind Agate Vasprine would like an audience with the royal family as soon as possible to discuss the situation regarding Princess Aquamarine Rae Millrose; pressing the matters of the taboo and suggesting segregation due to her powers." The guard read and Aquamarine froze in her seat, staring at the guard in shock and looked to her parents. Opal clearly full of rage and Topaz in complete shock. She then turned to Diamond and while not as physically showing of his anger as Opal was he was gripping his sleeve pretty tightly.

"SHE WANTS WHAT?!" Opal asked as he stood, "I will not eat the head off of some idiot! Aquamarine may have gone against our wishes to attack and use her powers but she still protected people!"

"Darling.." Topaz warned and Opal scoffed as he roughly sat back down. Diamond looked to the guard who seemed tense due to the situation. Everyone on the throne room was. He sighed and stood up brushing his coat off as he stepped forward, "I acknowledge the worry from my family and clearly from the people in this room. While many of you you feared my sister of her abilities she was born with you still showed love and devotion as if she didn't have taboo powers. The richness of your hard work and kindness is why we treat you so well here. I offer myself to go in representation of my sister." Aqua stood up and stood next to Diamond taking a deep breath and spoke.

"I'll go but I request to go alone." The audience gasped and Diamond looked worried to his sister and turned to their parents who were equally puzzled before she continued, "I.. DEEPLY appreciate all of you.. But this is something I have to do on my own.. I don't know what she expects but a good friend told me to not be a doormat. And I'm taking his advice.." She fiddled with her fingers again, "I-I'm still scared as all hell but... I don't need anyone to tell me what to do with my own powers and safety." She turned to Diamond again who had a look of concern with a mix of pride. Aqua smiled to him and bowed a bit as the audience applauded her. That night she went to lay her head Natty was laying out some clothes for her humming to herself.

"Milady it's so nice to have you back." She purred, "You sounded just like you did during the Elemental War. Such nobility and leadership." Aqua laughed a bit and moved to her stomach and hugged her pillow. Once Natty was done preparing her clothes she went over to Aqua tilting her head, "Would you like a back massage? It'd be an honor and I know that always helps you sleep."

"Oh Natty you don't have to." Aqua waved her hand sheepishly and Natty moved her hands together as if she finished cleaning and chuckled.

"Oh poppycock! It's the least I can do, milady." She moved Aqua's blanket and hair to reveal her back, "Besides out of everyone here, Crystal bless their soul you've been my favorite." She then started to rub Aqua's back who let out a relieving sigh, "So tense my dear! You need to see me more."

"I've been to other massage therapists but no one does it like you Natty." Aqua chuckled and closed her eyes as she enjoyed the massage, it was true that Natty whose been working with the royal family for years and was Aqua's nanny, especially when Diamond had prince things to do, Natty discovered fastest way to relax and get Aqua to sleep was a good massage. First starting with her neck when she was ten as she grew older moved to her back and shoulders. But a good back massage was the fastest way for relaxing. After a few minutes Natty moved her hands to Aqua's neck as she rubbed it softly she noticed that she was fighting sleep. She looked up tiredly to the maid and had a small crease in her brow.

"Natty.. Do you think I'm a bad person..?" She asked in a small cracked voice, Natty was a bit surprised and stopped her massage and softly ran her fingers through Aqua's hair and smiled softly.

"Of course not. I wouldn't just be saying you're my favorite. I love you as if you were my own daughter. And trust me I'm not just saying that. I watched a sweet shy baby girl grow and become a powerful and prideful warrior and leader. And now you have different battles to face and you aren't sure where it's going. But I know you'll find a way." Aqua smiled softly as she cried softly hearing her words. Natty whipped a tear away as she sat on the bed next to the female, "Awe don't cry, dove. You'll make me have the water works." Aqua laughed softly and smiled up to Natty as she sniffed.

"I need to hear that.. Thank you.."

"Of course, love. Now. Get some rest, you got a busy day tomorrow." Natty moved the blanket back over Aqua's back and blew out the torch and left the room with a goodnight. Aqua responded with a goodnight and looked out her balcony. The clear starry sky shone through and had a bright moonlight. She smiled some and closed her eyes. Maybe Natty was right, she wasn't a bad person.

0