Spilling Blood
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Agate took a deep breath as she looked at her master's wounds. The black ooze dripping from the cracks of his flesh as she grabbed a bandage wrap from the table sitting next to her, the topless man next to her who sat quietly as she unlettered the bandage wrap preparing for her work. From what she could see was years of age old cracking as if he was a vase that was repaired many times. Too much in fact, he winced as she started to wrap his arm. She noticed it's thin bony structure. It was as if a normal arm yesterday, but now it's almost as if it was deteriorating, the flesh peeling off and underneath was a black plussy liquid. Agate creased her brow and lifted Teal's face making him look at her as she checked his eyes. His eyes looked a lot more faded today and his hair aging as well. She started to wrap his face a bit carefully and she sighed softly as she stood up.

"Master Teal... I must ask... I know I must speak with her myself but why you? You're in no state to be traveling." She stated once she finished and Teal huffed a bit and turned his head from the female as she removed her gloves as she went to grab clothes. Teal was able to see, eat and breathe obviously but his face was covered and his long hair covered half his face regardless. He sighed a bit and ran his covered hands through his hair.

"Well.. I need to know if she's her.." He sighed once more, "I need to know if she's the one." He stood up carefully and allowed Agate to dress him, she buttoned his shirt and looked up to him with concern, once she buttoned the neck he grabbed her chin and pulled her close, "You must never speak of my name to her do you understand?" She nodded a bit and trembled in his grasp.

"N-Not a single word.." She said with a shaky voice. Teal then released her face as some of the black ooze dripped down the female's cheek.

"Good.." He said in a cold tone as he started to head out of the room. Agate whipped the pus like ooze off of her face and shivered a bit. God she hated that liquid with all her might.

As the two arrived at the castle of Water they awaited for Aquamarine, who hesitantly entered and was clearly alerted to Teal's presents. Seeing Agate standing next to the seated male Aqua bowed her head some before she sat herself down.

"Lady Agate, how can I help you?"

"Where is your... Parents, and Diamond?" Agate asked and Aqua sat up straight and let out a heavy sigh.

"My mother is fighting a flu right now forcing herself to do royal duties and my father is supporting her. Diamond is doing work in the mortal realm." The shorter female explained. She noticed Agate look a bit frustrated and she sighed heavily, "Agate this is about me so I should be involved."

"That is indeed only fair." Agate said with a scoff in her tone, "As you are aware many humans and even other Elementals are worried about your powers. I'm here to offer you a profession." She gestured to Teal who was intently staring at Aquamarine the whole time.

"My friend here is in dire need of healing. And we believe your powers can cure it. But we need to know if you're a perfect match for his.. Shall I say, condition." Aquamarine gave a worried look to Teal, then to Agate, "I'd be a great honor if you really think about it."

"So.. You want me to give up my.. Powers..?" She asked, her voice breaking a bit, "Why? If you do that I might die.."

"Isn't that what happens to Taboo Elementals at birth regardless?" Teal asked, catching Aqua's attention, "Your kind.. They are frowned upon for a reason. You lived your purpose and your meaningless life for how long?" He asked with a small growl, seeing Aquamarine cringe a bit at his words, "Trust me.. Your death would be worth it."

"Aquamarine your sacrifice can help another's life. Isn't that what you wish to accomplish in life? To use your powers for good?" Agate asked as she walked around the table and gently ran her long nails across Aqua's neck, causing her to shiver as the taller female leaned over and whispered in the seated female's ear, "Your suffering would finally be over. No more taunting, no more harassment, no more pain.." She made Aquamarine look at her, their noses almost touching as she stared into Aqua's shocked eyes, "You can help someone by sacrificing yourself." 

Aquamarine allowed the other's voices to echo in her head, no more pain, suffering? None of it? Her heart was pounding in her chest, her throat clamping up. She bit her lip as she thought a moment and as she moved some Agate grabbed her face as she stiffened, letting out a small petty whimper. As the two stared at one another Agate scoffed a bit and released Aquamarine.

"You're not going to do it?" She asked with a small growl.

"N-Not exactly.. I'm not done with my work here yet.. I want to help don't think I won't. I just.." Aquamarine cradled her stomach a bit, "I'm not sure if I can really help. Even if I'm not a match. I can still die.. So my sacrifice would be for nothing." She then smiled softly to Agate, "I-I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pass." She stood up and bowed as she did as she entered, "Thank you for your time." She said before she left. Agate rolled her eyes and looked to Teal curiously.

"Do you believe she's the one?" Agate asked and Teal looked to Agate and slowly nodded, "... Alright then."

Heru punched a punching bag with a loud grunt, he was doing a bit of work out and he felt like he needed it. Wearing his hair back in a ponytail, a pair of sweatpants that said E.S.W.A.T on the side of the leg and a simple black tank top. His hands wrapped in bandages to help with his punches. He grabbed a water bottle nearby as he panted and looked to the door, catching his attention as the door opened. In came in his mother Ruby. She smiled and waved to him as she approached, reaching into her bag as she did so as well.

"I bought you more chalk for your work out." She said and offered the container to Heru who held the water bottle in his mouth as he took it, setting the bottle and container down after a moment and Ruby sighed, staring at the large burn scar from Heru's right arm. It started at his neck and went over his shoulder to his forearm. It was a nasty one for that as well. It was rare for Elementals, even ones under the Fire branch to get such a nasty scar. But here they were and not much they could do. As she sat herself on the bench Heru fixed his wraps and chalked up before he continued punching. She watched him as he swung a few times before talking.

"You know... I worry about you, Garnet." Heru looked over curiously before he continued.

"What are you talking about ma'? I'm great." He grunted as he punched once more quite roughly the bag swinging as he grabbed it, "I'm stronger than ever. I'm fine."

"That's not what I mean." Ruby said worriedly pushing her hair back, "Aren't you.. Worried about not having a partner?" She asked and Heru froze a bit and looked to Ruby in surprise, not once did she ever bring up a partner. Not since that night he was found beaten and bruised by someone he thought loved him back. He rubbed his right arm a bit and bit his lip. Chewing on it in fact as he thought.

"Not for a while.. Mom.. Those scars are pretty fresh. I mean.. I like someone, you don't know them but it's no one important." He said as he removed the wraps as he sat himself next to his mother.

Ruby rose a curious brow and looked to her son tilting her head, "Is it a boy? Girl?"

"No one ma'." He laughed a bit, "Just some random barista I've seen I don't know their name. Or gender for that matter." He stated and Ruby rolled her eyes and laughed softly.

"You know I'll support you regardless of your relationship. But.." She sighed a bit and rubbed her neck, "One day I'm going to have to step down and you're going to need to step up."

"Why do you think I got this job mom?" Heru asked confused, "Leadership skills, getting used to boring paperwork, dealing with people, the list goes on."

"Oh Garnet Egan Firestone there is so much more to being Royalty than that. But.. Not a bad start." Ruby tugged at Heru's hair some and the two chuckled before she continued, "Being a Royal is supporting your people. No matter what. And making sure you don't do something that may overwhelmingly.. Well.. Destroy your kingdom and yourself." Ruby ran her thumb over her other hand as she spoke, "It's making sure your people are safe and even needing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good.." She smiled to Heru and tilted her head, Heru was staring at her as he was listening intently but was surprised by her look, "You look so much like your dad it's honestly scary. You sure you're not an Amethyst."

"Ha-ha. Very funny mom." Heru rolled his eyes and smiled to Ruby, "I get that.. But.. I'm not there. I don't know where to begin learning."

"You already found it and you're doing well." Ruby patted his shoulder as she stood up, "Come visit Rome. Your grandparents miss you." She then waved to him as she left. Heru smiled and waved back, heading towards the locker room. As he entered he waved to the others as he grabbed a towel and went to the shower stalls. Hearing other men leaving and laughing as he turned on the shower after undressing. Standing under the water as he felt the hot water wash off his sweat in relief. He realized he almost forgot to undo his hair as well. As he did so under the shower he felt the back of his neck crawl a bit. From what he could feel it felt as if it was moving upwards right under his skin. As thick as the bone of his neck and with many legs to boot. He shuddered a bit and patted the back of his neck once more.

"You're good bud.." He whispered and proceeded to take his shower. He usually used this one so he kept his soap inside. No one really used this one luckily. He finished his shower and dried himself off, as he was getting dressed his cell run from his locker, resting the towel over his shoulder he answered the phone puzzled on why he was receiving a call.

"Heru."

"Hey it's Tiger's Eye. I need you to get Aquamarine here as soon as you can so Todd can do a test on Aquamarine. Think you can get her in." Heru looked around a moment and shrugged as he let out a soft groan.

"Yeah. I think I can. Lemme get dressed."

"Smart move?" Tiger asked, "Just.. Get over there with her as soon as you can, I'm on my way as well." He then hung up, with him he was driving in his car, outside seemed to be rainier than usual, his windshield wipers on as he drove. He rolled down his window as he placed a cigarette into his mouth. As he went to light it he looked up last second seeing a black mass before him, he yelled and forced his foot down onto the brake screeching to a halt. Letting out a small groan he got out of the car, the fog mixed with the rain filled the streets, bandages dripping off the figure's face and body as what Tiger could tell was male. He walked over to the shorter male and grabbed his shoulders.

"Hey, sir you okay?" He asked concerned. The male looked up to Tiger his neck making a disgusting cracking, "Sir..?" He asked again before the figure grabbed his throat and threw him against the car. Tiger winded by that and he coughed up some blood. When he looked up again he saw the male looking down to him. A black tentacle moved over and picked Tiger by the throat again and allowed the male to examine Tiger.

"... You will do.." The man said his voice rough. Tiger rose a curious brow before a look of horror rose upon his face. The one holding him hostage's face unhinged and teeth like a spider's grew, almost thousands of teeth showed in this creature's mouth and Tiger could feel his heart pounding in his chest, the earth around him trying to move but he was too petrified at the site before him. The sound of popping and bones breaking just to show this monstrous form made his skin grow cold. Before he knew it, it was over. The creature shamelessly ripping Tiger's head off the sound of bones cracking and flesh snapping echoed in the empty streets. The monster shamelessly eating the head and continued onto the body. Cracking, slurping and tearing echoed with the sound of terrifying and skin crawling growls and purrs. And not far stood Agate, watching as her master shamelessly tore into the flesh of Tiger's Eye.

"How about I just.. Yeah see you soon." Aquamarine hung up the phone after returning to her apartment. God today was just stressful! She was so happy to be back in some comfortable clothing. As she pulled her hair out of her hood she heard her door knock on her door. She didn't think Heru would be here THAT quickly right? As she opened the door, it was a face she hasn't seen for well.. Almost a week now since the cafe incident. Sophie smiled and waved, holding a bag in her hand. She seemed sheepish and awkward of course but wanted to get it done and over with.

"Hey Aqua. Been a while.. Um.. I wanted to bring you.."

"How did you find my apartment?" Aqua asked looking around the hall before looking to Sophie. Sophie seemed awkward at first and rubbed the back of her neck.

"I kinda.. Got it from the paperwork the boss asked me to shred.." Sophie admitted and noticed Aqua glaring at her, "But I brought cake! And.. I kinda wanna ask you something."

"Fine.." Aqua scoffed and stood aside so Sophie could enter. Once the taller female was inside and was at awe at Aqua's home the shorter female shut the door and locked it, puzzled on why Sophie was even here, other than to ask and bring cake of course. Probably a favor.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" Sophie complicated before setting the bag down and took out a small decorated white cake. On top was strawberries and chocolate bits, "It's red velvet cake." Sophie sung as she held up two forks. Aqua smiled and shrugged.

"Fair play. Let's eat. I got some time." Aqua sat down and the two started upon the small cake. It was quite a moment before Sophie spoke.

"Hey.. I've been reading up on.. Taboo Elementals.. Those are people with uncommon powers right?" She asked and Aqua looked up in mid bite of a pretty big chunk of cake, when she nodded in approval Sophie continued, "Is it possible human and Elemental hybrids are Taboo?"

"HM?!" Aqua asked in mid bite and almost choked. Clearing her throat a moment she looked to Sophie puzzled, "H-Human and Elemental hybrids aren't really a thing or even a Taboo.. Why?"

Sophie rubbed the back of her neck and sat back, staring at the half eaten cake, "Well... When I found out you did all that cool stuff saving people despite losing your jobs, collage, and maybe friends over it, you knew it was to happen. So when it did you still did something awesome! With me.. Um.." She noticed a small potted plant on Aqua's coffee table and leaned over, her hand over it as she made the plant grow a little bit, Aquamarine stared in amazement and looked to Sophie.

"Sophie.. Wow... You're.. You're a first." She stated and Sophie blushed a bit and laughed a bit.

"I-I guess so.. I kinda look up to you.. You're so cool with those powers and I found out you used to be a war general. One of the best!" Sophie looked excited to Aqua, who gave a concerned look in return.

"Sophie not to... Burst your bubble but I'm not that same person I was a hundred years ago. I'm different now.. I appreciate it but I'm nothing special."

"Don't cut yourself short!" Sophie grabbed Aqua's hands and smiled, "You're amazing! If you didn't get fired you'd make a great manager. You were already team leader at work. Besides! I quit when you were fired." She said confidently but noticed Aquamarine glaring at her again. Which startled her.

"You eejit! Why would you throw your job away because of me?!" Aquamarine stood up and yanked her hands away. Sophie held her hands back in defense and bit her lip.

"Well.. It wouldn't have felt right.. Plus.." Sophie cupped her cheeks looking aside, "I kinda.. Had a crush on you.." She felt her cheeks flush up and saw Aqua's face red as well from the statement.

"S-Sophie... I-If you don't mind me asking.."

"I'm a lesbian." Sophie stated, then waved her hands nervously to the over female, "I-If you're not then that's okay!"

"I-It's fine.. I'm kinda gender blind." Aqua rubbed the back of her neck, "What's that term you humans use.. With the pink yellow.. Pansexual?" She asked and Sophie gasped and took Aqua's hand.

"You're totally valid!

"Huh?" Aqua blinked and jumped as the doorknob started to wiggle, "H-Hey wait!" The door then opened and Heru stood there in his gear, seeing the two and he stared a moment and then a smirk grew on his face.

"Ohhh! Aqua you have a girlfriend?"

"N-No!" The two females yelled and Sophie covered the cake up with the tin cover and Aqua grabbed her phone.

"S-Sophie was just bringing a cake over and we were having a girl talk."

"I've heard girl talk." Heru shrugged.

"How did you get the door unlocked?" Sophie asked as Aqua took the cake in a panic and put it in the kitchen. Heru swirled his keys around his fingers as he stood in the doorway.

"Aqua and I both have keys for each other's apartments. We're allowed to go in and out as we please." Aqua came back and as Sophie grabbed her things the three left the apartment as Aqua grabbed her keys, locking the door.

"Warn me next time!" Aqua scoffed.

"It's not as fun." Heru pouted a bit. The three walked out the building laughing and picking on one another, unannounced to them, that a Royal Elemental was eaten just three blocks away. Within the fog, and the sound of heavy rain, masking the horrific noises the beast was making.

0