Episode 19 – If Madara Uchiha Was In Avatar: The Last Airbender
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Swoosh!

A portal opened high over the volcanic lands of the Fire Nation, and out stepped Madara Uchiha, now garbed in the royal armour of the Fire Lord.

"So, this is the kingdom I now rule in this realm." Madara surveyed the craggy terrain dotted with strongholds belching smoke and magma far below. "Let us see what potential lies in its inhabitants."

Leaping down the mountainside, Madara made his way towards the most prominent fortress - the Royal Palace. Commoners gawked in awe at his majestic flowing cape emblazoned with the Fire Nation emblem.

"The Fire Lord returns! All hail his supreme majesty!" the citizens cheered, kneeling in reverence before Madara as he strode by. Such allegiance and order pleased him after the unruliness of his own home villages.

Entering the extravagant throne room, Madara was greeted by the palace's resident Princess Azula. "Father, welcome home!" she smiled sweetly with a polite bow.

Madara raised an eyebrow behind his ceremonial mask. Father? It seemed in this realm, his role was as the progenitor of the Royal Family. An intriguing development.

"Daughter, I wish to see how you have been progressing in your firebending," stated Madara after sitting upon the lavish throne. As royalty here, it was essential he evaluate their mastery of combat arts.

Eager to impress her returned sire, Azula promptly launched into a dazzling display, unleashing focused jets of fire and swirling arcs of blue flame from her fingertips that she deftly controlled into a blazing dragon shape.

"Excellent, your skills are formidable for one so young," noted Madara, reminded of Sasuke's own prodigious talents. If focused properly, Azula could achieve true greatness, he sensed.

Their discussion was interrupted by an alarm - intruders had been detected breaching the outer wall!

Rushing to the balcony, Madara spotted three youths astride a massive furry beast high in the sky approaching fast.

"Is that...a flying bison? Remarkable," said Madara, observing the approaching intruders. One was clearly an airbender based on his tattoos while the two others wore water tribe garb.

Azula sneered upon seeing them. "The Avatar and his friends! They must be dealt with, father!" She prepared to attack them directly, but Madara raised a hand.

"Patience, daughter. Let us see how they respond to courtesy." If their motives proved just, confrontation may be unnecessary. As a leader, all options should be considered.

With a twirl of his arm, Madara launched a spiralling orb of fire that harmlessly detonated in the sky ahead of the bison like a brilliant firework. The gesture successfully caught their attention.

The Avatar's bison landed cautiously on a parapet near the balcony where Madara waited. The airbender monk stepped forth first, bowing respectfully to the Fire Lord.

"Greetings your majesty. I am Aang, the Avatar. With me are my friends, Sokka and Katara of the Southern Water Tribe," he greeted politely. "We come in peace seeking understanding between all peoples."

Madara appraised the trio. Though young, their balanced chakras and open hearts contained wisdom beyond their years. Here stood kindred spirits.

"Well met, Avatar Aang. I am Madara, Phoenix King of the Fire Nation," replied Madara, returning a gracious bow which surprised Azula. "Let us talk of peace and harmony between elements."

Over steaming tea, Madara and his guests conversed as equals, sharing their philosophies and hopes for the world. Despite leading opposing nations, both sides recognized their common aspirations for justice.

"Wow, I thought the Fire Lord would be way more ruthless and power-hungry, no offence!" blurted Sokka after Madara spoke of desiring only enlightened order. "You're really wise...for an old geezer."

Katara elbowed the crass Sokka but Madara simply chuckled good-naturedly. "Speaking truthfully is no offence. Your words uplift my spirit, young one."

Aang smiled, relieved to find the humanity within the so-called 'tyrant' Fire Lord. "With an open heart like yours, balance can be restored everywhere. The Avatar would be honoured to learn firebending from you, Phoenix King."

Contemplating the request, Madara sensed the earnest virtue dwelling within the young airbender. Teaching the Avatar would plant seeds of unity and wisdom worldwide.

"For the sake of harmony across all lands, I accept humbly," responded Madara before turning to his daughter. "Azula, attend and observe respectfully. Control and restraint will be the lessons of today."

The four figures stood facing each other in the royal training courtyard. Madara wove a graceful kata, conjuring a brilliant sphere of swirling flames above his palm, demonstrating perfect balance and form. The Avatar and his companions watched in awe.

"Fire is passion and life, not mere destruction. It breathes within us, flowing smoothly like so." The sphere fluctuated gently in Madara's palm. "You must learn to act as its guide, not its master."

Madara gestured, and the flaming orb floated over into Aang's palm. The Avatar tensed up immediately, causing it to flare and distort violently until Madara stabilized it with an outstretched hand.

"Calm your mind. Focus only on your inner flame." Letting his sage voice guide Aang into a meditative state, soon the young monk was able to smoothly control the swirling sphere's motion and heat output.

Madara instructed Aang in proper breathwork and stances under the watchful eye of Azula. Though she itched to test the Avatar's skills herself, her father's firm patience was slowly enlightening her as well.

In time, displaying his characteristic determination, Aang was firebending alongside Madara flawlessly. But the Phoenix King noticed uncertainty still lingering within his protégé whenever truly unleashing the fierce element offensively. More lessons were required.

"There is hesitation in your strikes, young one. Fire cannot be fully grasped when the spirit is conflicted," observed Madara after a training bout.

Aang looked down self-consciously. "I know, but...this power could do real harm uncontrolled. That terrifies me after the damage I've seen from the Fire Nation armies."

Placing a hand on Aang's shoulder, Madara spoke gently, "Your restraint shows wisdom beyond your years. But doubt left unchecked breeds weakness in oneself and doubt from others. Have faith in the goodness within."

Reassured by his master's guiding words, Aang recommitted himself to completing his firebending training without inner turmoil holding him back. Soon, his flame burned as brightly as his spirit.

After an intense exhibition duel between master and student dazzled onlookers, Madara presented Aang with a royal headpiece signifying his mastery of the art. "You have passed every trial, Avatar. Fire now flows within you as its rightful keeper."

Bowing humbly while receiving the ornament, Aang replied "This honour would be impossible without your teachings, Phoenix King Madara. I owe you much gratitude."

Madara simply inclined his head graciously. "Use your gifts wisely, for the good of all. That is thanks enough." Seeing the Avatar embrace fire's power yet retain discipline renewed Madara's own faith in humanity's capacity for justice.

Following the Avatar's departure, Madara turned his focus towards reforming the Fire Nation itself into a more egalitarian society focused on life and renewal rather than militarism and domination.

But conservative factions pushed back against the new peacetime policies. "He has lost his edge! The Phoenix King grows soft!" they grumbled.

Soon, rebellion stirred. On the day of the summer solstice eclipse rendering firebending useless, embittered war ministers ambushed Madara in the throne room backed by Imperial Firebenders.

"Your weak ideals end today, 'My Lord'!" the former Commander Zhao mocked. "Without your flames, you are nothing!" The coup forces readied to overwhelm the isolated Phoenix King.

However, Madara simply formed a hand seal and vanished in a swirl of leaves just as their attacks passed through thin air. The conspirators glanced around in shock before a voice echoed from everywhere and nowhere.

"Foolish, grasping at power through betrayal and bloodshed. Have you learned nothing?"

Madara suddenly reappeared in their midst as a gusting whirlwind that sent the panicked traitors scattering. Before they could regroup, precise lightning-fast strikes knocked each rebel unconscious. The coup ended in moments.

Looking out across his domain from the palace spire, Madara let out a weary sigh. Though harmony was spreading, old prejudices died hard. More work remained to heal the lingering scars of war across hearts and lands.

Weeks later, Aang returned to proudly demonstrate his new skills metalbending learned from the inventor Toph Beifong, a blind earthbending prodigy.

Madara welcomed them warmly. "Young Avatar, it gladdens me to see you expanding your gifts. Knowledge should be shared boundlessly for all."

After exchanging lessons on metal manipulation techniques, Aang spoke up hesitantly. "Forgive this request, but...could you teach me to lightningbend too, Phoenix King?"

Madara's gaze became distant as he remembered the volatile rite's tragic blood-soaked history within his own clan. Such dangerous power was never meant for mortal hands alone.

Placing both hands on Aang's shoulders, Madara spoke gravely. "Lightning is force unbound, unchecked passion. Its seeds lie in rage and grief. I cannot teach what should not be taught."

Sensing the profound pain and wisdom in Madara's words, Aang bowed in acceptance. "You are right, my friend. I spoke rashly without understanding. Thank you for your patience and guidance as always."

Before departing, Aang shared exciting news - a peace summit was approaching between all peoples of the Four Nations! This was a monumental first step toward harmony.

Hearing this, Madara's heart swelled with hope. Though long and difficult, the road to lasting peace and balance stretched ahead. Together with enlightened souls like the Avatar, the future shone bright.

Watching Aang's bison disappear over the horizon, Madara allowed himself a small smile beneath the ceremonial Phoenix King mask. In this realm, he had succeeded in spreading compassion where once brewed only bitterness and fear. The Will of Fire endured.

Leaving his royal vestments and title behind, Madara's flame now mingled with those of the Avatar and good-willed people everywhere, guiding humanity's steps steadily forward out of darkness. Wherever ignorance lurked, illumination would follow.

 

 

1