Episode 20 – If Madara Uchiha Was In Bleach
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A swirling portal opened high above the streets of Karakura Town and out leapt the legendary Uchiha - Madara. Landing gracefully on a rooftop, he surveyed the modern Japanese cityscape around him.

"Hmm, the ambient chakra in this realm feels...unbalanced," noted Madara, his visual prowess detecting strange energy distortions in the atmosphere.

Suddenly, an earth-shaking roar echoed through the air as a gigantic beast emerged from the void above the city. The monster resembled a grotesque fusion of lizard, scorpion and mantis with a white mask on its face.

"A demon beast! But how?" exclaimed Madara, taken aback by its gargantuan dimensions and vile chakra. The creature's claw came crashing down towards a crowded city block.

Moving with blinding speed, Madara intercepted the attack, catching the demon's gigantic pincer between his palms. The ground cracked beneath his feet from the colossal force. With a heave, Madara redirected the claw safely aside. The metropolis was saved, but confused screams erupted from the panicked public unable to see the threat looming over them.

Leaping up, Madara scrutinized the creature's energy. "A spirit gone rogue...most intriguing," he deduced based on its incorporeal nature.

The hollow bellowed before swiping its spiked tail in a lethal arc towards Madara, but the nimble shinobi effortlessly twisted midair to avoid the blow before rebounding off a skyscraper and delivering a powerful flying kick to the demon's mask.

Crack!

Under Madara's tremendous striking power, the creature's bony helm shattered completely as it dissolved into wisps of dark energy. The crisis was neutralized.

Returning to street level, Madara pondered this realm's fragile metaphysical balance that allowed restless souls to transform into entities of destruction if left unchecked.

"Hey you, shinigami! Just what do you think you're doing?!" demanded an irritated voice.

Madara turned to see a hot-headed teenager with spiky orange hair wearing a black kimono and wielding a massive cleaver-like sword on his back. Flanking him were a short female shinigami and a Quincy archer.

Before Madara could respond, the brash youth pointed his oversized blade at him. "This is our turf, so take a hike! Unless you want a fight, pal!"

The dark-haired girl frantically tried to restrain her companion. "Ichigo, stop! Can't you sense this man's overwhelming power? Don't provoke him!"

But the Quincy archer calmly stepped forward, pushing his glasses up. "I'm quite intrigued by your abilities, stranger. That was no ordinary hollow just now."

Seeing their fighting spirit, Madara held up a hand diplomatically. "Peace friends, I mean no trespass. I am Madara Uchiha, a travelling shinobi." He gave a slight bow of greeting. "Well met, fellow guardians."

After awkward apologies from the abrasive Ichigo Kurosaki, the group introduced themselves - Rukia Kuchiki, Uryu Ishida, and Orihime Inoue who had just caught up.

Madara studied the trio thoughtfully. "I see...you three possess spiritual gifts that you use to safeguard this realm from dark forces. A noble duty." His respectful words made them blush humbly.

"Yeah, well...we do our best to keep everyone safe from hollows using our unique talents," replied Ichigo, rubbing his spiky hair in slight embarrassment after his earlier temper flare-up.

Madara nodded sagely. "Admirable. Perhaps fate crossed our paths so that we may share knowledge and skills." He knew firsthand the burdens of protecting one's home from malevolent threats.

At the trio's urging, Madara accompanied them back to the Urahara Shop, a rustic store owned by the eccentric inventor Kisuke Urahara. But the shopkeeper's relaxed demeanour hid unfathomable intellect.

"Oi Urahara! Brought someone you should meet," announced Ichigo, leading Madara inside.

"Hmm? A visitor?" Urahara glanced up from organizing wares before his shadowed gaze fixed sharply upon Madara with burgeoning interest. "Well now...you have quite the unique energy radiating about you, honoured guest."

"I am Madara of the Uchiha clan. A seeker of wisdom in all forms," replied Madara neutrally. He could tell this humble merchant masked astonishing talents and secrets. Few could conceal their power so completely.

Tipping his hat cordially, Urahara introduced himself. "Kisuke Urahara, humble candy store owner, at your service! Please, would you care to join me for some tea? Your young friends have promised they'll share all the latest gossip from Soul Society."

Seated comfortably around a table with hot tea, Urahara and Madara conversed as peers despite their contrasting appearances. And throughout their discussion, Madara detected hints of scientific and metaphysical brilliance hidden behind the shopkeeper's relaxed words. Here was a kindred spirit.

Eventually, Urahara set down his teacup. "Well, this has been most invigorating! But I must know...what brings such an esteemed dimensional traveller like yourself to our corner of the universe?"

Madara maintained a neutral tone. "Curiosity, and a desire to assist where needed against threats to balance, nothing more." He deliberately withheld full details of his power and journey for now.

Urahara simply laughed good-naturedly at the evasive non-answer. "A man of mystery! I can appreciate that. Feel free to enjoy our town during your stay."

Their conversation was interrupted by Ichigo suddenly looking around in alarm. "You guys sense that? A massive hollow reading just appeared downtown!" The teen grabbed his oversized sword. "Let's go!"

Madara stood up swiftly. "I shall join you. An extra blade may be of use." He felt obliged to help maintain the fragile order of this unfamiliar world during his visit.

Arriving at the chaotic scene, the group was shocked to spot a tremendous fissure torn open in the sky above the city, out of which poured a swarm of low-level hollows. Leading them was a colossal, beaked hollow with spiked shoulders and a serpentine lower body.

Drawing his own blade, Urahara glanced up gravely. "A menos grande...this is trouble." Clearly, the giant hollow possessed frightening power if it worried even someone of Urahara's calibre.

Wasting no time, Ichigo and the other Soul Reapers leapt into action battling the endless horde while trying to avoid the crashing swings of the menos grande's massive claws. Each impact from the oversized hollow caused tremendous collateral damage to the cityscape.

Observing the chaotic melee from atop a high-rise, Madara's eyes narrowed. There was an ominous energy behind this breach disturbing the metaphysical veil separating realms. He would need to act swiftly and decisively.

"Amaterasu!" Madara's eye seemed to bleed black flames that spread rapidly to form a colossal barrier wall sealing off the open void rift completely. That stemmed the tide of lower hollows pouring through.

Urahara watched in awe down below as the shinobi took decisive action. "Incredible...he blocked off the garganta dimension entirely!" Never had he witnessed such casual yet absolute control over spiritual power before. Just who was this Madara?

Now alone, the giant menos hollow focused its mindless rage on destroying the flame barrier preventing more hollows from emerging. But no matter how fiercely its claws slammed and scraped at Madara's flames, the dark blaze endured.

Having contained the breach, Madara calmly approached the agitated hollow from behind, his stride unfazed by its mountain-pulverizing power.

"Return to your slumber, fallen one," commanded Madara. The serene yet overwhelming tone gave the menos pause. In its primitive mind, it sensed the palpable power and authority before it, dwarfing its own monstrous strength.

Seizing the opening, Madara leapt upwards before delivering a perfectly aimed Gentle Fist chop, severing the hollow's mask from its dissipating body with clinical precision. The purified spirit could finally be at peace.

With the immediate threat neutralized, Madara turned his focus towards sealing the open dimensional rift torn violently open earlier. But inspecting the gash closely, he could tell this was no random occurrence. Ominous energies lingered around the breach point. Someone had deliberately opened a gateway here.

"Hey! Who the hell tore open the sky?!" demanded Ichigo as the Soul Reapers regrouped, having mopped up the remaining small fry hollows. All eyes turned upwards at the ominous dark aperture still hovering above the city. Reishi continued bleeding in from the void. If left unchecked, it could corrupt the World of the Living permanently.

Urahara watched concerned as Madara inspected the rip, deep in thought. Whoever had created this metaphysical wound had power rivalling the gods themselves. He tensed, sensing they had not seen the last of this mysterious enemy.

Madara sensed Urahara's unease. Turning, he spoke gravely. "The one behind this chaos remains at large. I shall do what I can to seal this tear before harm spreads."

Forming hand seals, Madara manifested a transcendent warrior avatar wreathed in golden pauldrons and armour. "Come forth, Perfect Susanoo!"

Everyone stared awestruck as the cosmically large ethereal figure loomed over the cityscape like a mountain given life. Even Ichigo and seasoned warriors like Urahara felt infinitesimal before this divine guardian's raw power. With crackling energy radiating from its hands, the avatar focused on stabilizing the dimensional wound.

"Amazing...is this our new friend's zanpakuto spirit?" wondered Rukia out loud. But the tremendous scale and presence far exceeded any Soul Reaper's inner world manifestation. Just who or what was Madara truly?

Exerting tremendous force, Susanoo managed to slowly pull the garganta's edges closed like stitching back together a great metaphysical wound in reality. Space-time distortions rippled outward across the city.

With a final burst of power, the avatar sealed the void shut completely before dissipating. Silence followed as Susanoo's overwhelming pressure faded. Madara had saved Karakura Town from devastating spiritual contamination, at least for now.

Leaping down to rejoin the others, Madara hid his heavy breathing. Perfect Susanoo drained massive chakra to maintain, even briefly. He would need time to recover his full reserves after expending such power.

"Hey, that was some crazy awesome spirit warrior mojo you busted out!" exclaimed an excited Ichigo, awe-struck by Madara's reality-warping abilities.

Urahara tipped his hat, equally impressed. "Indeed, you have our sincerest gratitude, Master Uchiha. Though I fear this ordeal has only just begun..."

Ominous premonitions proved accurate when without warning, space itself seemed to shatter before the group. Stepping through the fractured void was a stoic man with slate-grey eyes, long black hair, and an inverted shihakusho. This was Sosuke Aizen, the enigmatic rogue Soul Reaper mastermind. His overwhelming spiritual pressure brought everyone present to their knees instantly.

"Well now, this is an interesting surprise..." mused Aizen, eyeing his incapacitated foes before focusing on the unfamiliar shinobi with particular interest. "I don't believe we've met before. Who might you be?"

Rising weakly back to his feet, Madara maintained steady eye contact with the dimensional invader. "I am Madara Uchiha, guardian of this realm. Your trespass here ends now, outsider."

Aizen raised an eyebrow, humoured by the bold declaration. "Is that so? I think not." With a careless wave of his hand, Aizen conjured a transparent blue box around Madara before casually departing. "Do enjoy your stay. We will talk more soon."

As he watched Aizen leave, Madara realized with dawning alarm that the transparent prison completely suppressed his chakra. For the first time in ages, he felt truly powerless.

"Damn it, he got away!" cursed an infuriated Ichigo. Turning to Madara, he said, "Don't worry, we'll bust you out of there!"

Urahara held up his cane solemnly. "Useless. That is an impenetrable Negación field. Nothing from inside can escape its metaphysical confines." Here at last was a cage even someone of Madara's unfathomable gifts could not overcome through power alone. Ichigo gritted his teeth helplessly.

Trapped in the bizarre cage, Madara sat silently in a meditative pose. His escape would require patience, cunning and help from potential allies. Plans swiftly formed behind his contemplative eyes.

Madara learned from Urahara how Aizen coveted the primordial Heavenly Throne from the Soul King Palace in order to reshape existence itself into a twisted dark reflection. Now with Madara's power contained, nothing stood between Aizen and his apocalyptic goal.

But one slim hope remained - Ichigo and his inner hollow. If properly awakened, their dormant powers could potentially rival Aizen's own. But the process was far from guaranteed...

"Ichigo lacks the killer instinct to fully awaken his hollow side. He needs your example, Master Uchiha," Urahara had whispered conspiratorially while visiting Madara's confinement. "Provoke his rage, challenge his limits!"

Madara understood the necessity, but disliked manipulating the teen's spirit. Still, with reality itself at stake, he committed to Urahara's ethically questionable plan. From within the box, Madara focused his telepathic abilities, casting illusions of Ichigo's friends Rukia and Orihime being ruthlessly killed over and over by Aizen. Madara took no pleasure in the cruel deception, but it was the catalyst needed.

Ichigo's enraged screams echoed as his spiritual pressure erupted violently. "You'll pay, Aizen!" Black and red reiatsu exploded around him, morphing his body into a primal hollow-like form overflowing with vengeful power. Nearby buildings crumbled from the overwhelming force.

Urahara watched solemnly as Ichigo lost himself fully to untamed fury and bloodlust brought on by the visions. With a hollowfied roar, Ichigo took flight towards Hueco Mundo where Aizen lay waiting. The final battle loomed...

In the Soul King dimension, Aizen sat upon his stolen throne, waiting patiently. Sensing Ichigo's approach, he raised an eyebrow. "Oh? That little whelp is still stubbornly clinging to hope? No matter. I shall extinguish his soul."

What Aizen didn't detect was Madara having covertly hitched a ride undetected within Ichigo's shadow, at last free of his cage. Timing would be critical now. Patience...

"Come and face your destiny, Kurosaki!" announced Aizen as Ichigo tore through his elite Arrancar guards with uncontrolled ferocity, ripping apart their resurrection forms without hesitation. The Espada could only look on in disbelief at Ichigo's overwhelming transformation.

Halting before Aizen's throne, Ichigo pointed his blade vengefully. "Your deadmeat bitch!" His voice was distorted by primal fury, all humanity stripped away by the destructive hollowfication.

Aizen laughed mockingly at the declaration. "And who will stop me? Certainly not a mere hollowified human child." Drawing his own blade casually, Aizen stabbed forward with flawless precision.

But at the last instant, his sword was halted abruptly inches from Ichigo's face by Madara's armoured hand, catching Aizen completely off-guard. With space-time abilities, Madara had instantly teleported his full-clad Susanoo avatar in front of Ichigo, shielding the teen from certain death.

"Impossible!" exclaimed Aizen, leaping back and readying a defensive stance. "You couldn't have escaped the Negación cage..."

The glowing samurai titan spoke, its booming voice echoed with the power of ancients. "Bonds transcend walls, Aizen. My spirit is linked to brave souls everywhere."

Regaining his composure, Aizen pointed his sword as killing intent rose around him. "Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu." With those words, reality itself seemed to shimmer and fracture.

But Madara and Susanoo remained steadfast, unaffected by the hypnosis. "Your illusions are but parlour tricks before these eyes that see truth," declared Madara as his Rinnegan flared to life.

With a shout, Susanoo cleaved its colossal blade down on Aizen, but the attack passed through thin air - an illusion clone. Madara had expected this. With space-time manipulation of his own, he swiftly located Aizen's true position before re-manifesting Susanoo directly around the caught-off-guard mastermind. There would be no escape this time.

"Unhand me! I am a god!" screamed Aizen as Susanoo's enormous fists clenched, threatening to crush his body completely. Powerless sparks crackled at his fingertips against the ethereal prison.

Madara's voice echoed solemnly from Susanoo's helm. "The greatest god is he who shows compassion." With a surge of chakra, the avatar banished Aizen's soul into an eternal illusion of the Hell Realm, his ambitions forever thwarted. Balance was restored to the realms. The Infinite Tsukuyomi's power remained Madara's alone to command.

With Aizen defeated, Ichigo regained control, reverting to normal before collapsing. Rukia and Orihime quickly rushed to his side, relieved to see his humanity return. Nearby Arrancar forces surrendered upon realizing Aizen had fallen, bringing an end to the fighting.

After ensuring no permanent harm had come to Ichigo's spirit from using him as bait, Madara prepared to take his leave from Soul Society. But Urahara stopped him.

"Master Uchiha, your wisdom and courage were invaluable today. Though you may travel the realms, here you will always have allies, should darkness threaten equilibrium once more," said Urahara gratefully.

Madara nodded, humbled by the shopkeeper's gracious words. "Your guidance was instrumental as well, Kisuke Urahara. Ichigo possesses great inner strength thanks to friends like you."

With Aizen defeated, the dimensions were kept safe, but Madara knew evil would emerge again one day, such was the endless cycle. However, he took comfort knowing this world had noble guardians ready to stand united against those shadows when the time came.

Before leaving through a swirling portal, Madara turned back one last time to observe Ichigo joking around with his friends, spirits high and untainted by the day's harrowing events. Though youthful and brash, the Substitute Soul Reaper would mature into a champion worthy of legends.

"Farewell, brave souls. Continue walking proudly upon the path of truth and virtue," said Madara solemnly. With those parting words, he stepped through the gateway, on to the next leg of his journey across reality.

Many challenges and wonders awaited, but Madara would never forget the bonds formed in this brief yet fateful sojourn to the Bleach universe. He had battled alongside living spirits of honour and camaraderie here. It reawakened old flames within his heart, passions dulled by time's steady erosion.

No matter the darkness ahead, hope endured as long as righteous fellowship stood ready to ignite the spark of courage needed to light the way. This timeless truth lifted Madara's own spirits like the rising sun banishing night's gloom.

The road ever beckoned. With restored faith in the nobility of heroes everywhere, Madara's quest to illuminate worlds continued onward.

1