Chapter 21: Little Slave’s thoughts (2)
440 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He who was smaller than me.

A child approached me, while all the other adults did not do a thing. He was not scared or disgusted. He had a sad look in his eyes. While I was hurting all over he approached me and tried to put his hand on my foot. I was scared as everyone who approached me, hurt me. I decided to fight and bite him, I thought I would be hit again.

While thinking that, I closed my eyes preparing myself to be hit, but it never came. What I felt was a warm hand gently patting my head, he was saying something but I could not pay attention to his words as this was the first time someone touched me in such a gentle way.

Without hatred or anger, it was warmth. He tried to protect me from the guards of the slave merchants with his small body. He was filled with great courage even though they were all bigger than him. He did not have to act or remain to help someone like me, but he did.

"Why?" I asked myself.

I grabbed hold of him as I did not want to lose the only hope that this world has given me. Please do not leave me. As if knowing what was on my mind he looked at me and smiled gently, it calmed my heart down, it made me feel safe.

I was surprised when he said he wanted to buy me. Was he the same as those detestable nobles who use slaves as a plaything? He did not look like one but I know people hide their disgusting facets to avoid judgment from society.

After that everything was blurry, I was tired and all I wanted to do was sleep. But I never let go of the child who helped me. I was taken to their place which was a luxurious mansion, I was given a bath and proper clothes.

The two maids did not explain anything about the child who will be my master. They only did their job and went away afterward without telling me what to do next, so I just stood in a corner waiting for my new master.

I did not have to wait long for him to return

He looked at me, I thought he was trying to see if I was worth the money they paid for, but it was not the question I was expecting. It was to ask if I have eaten.

It was normal for masters to not care for the well-being of their slaves. I heard many stories from the children that are from the same prison, stories that will give rise to nightmares. However, this child looked different. He looked kind and calm as if he was not a child, to begin with.

It's as if he does not have any common sense for this world, on how the things work. Even the simple information about slaves, he was not aware. Either he was naïve or stupid, he must be one of those rich nobles who does not know of the hardships of the world.

It does not matter if he was naïve, I just wanted a safe place where I can hide, hide who I am.

He said he will keep me safe and I wanted to believe him.

I will hide who I am from the people around me so I can stay here.

I'll keep my secret deeply engraved in my heart so no one will find out.

I have seen how people treat those of my kind. The abuse they received was not any different from how I said mother was treated, it might even be worse.

I am neither a human nor a demon

I am nothing more but an outsider, who will never be accepted no matter where I go.

Looking at this child, I believe he and his family will treat me the same if they find out the truth. Although he treats me kindly now, once they know what I am, they would treat me the same way they treat my mother in her old town.

While having made up this decision, I made up my mind to follow my young master. Whatever he wants I will give him, no matter what he wants me to do, I'll do it.

As long as I can survive

Until the day that I can stand on my own or the day where I can find a place that I can call home

Or until the day that I can trust this master of mine and tell him the truth

But for now, until I can confirm if he can be trusted, I will keep silently watching for the right time.

2