Chapter 44: Adventure (11)
325 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The towering figure grabbed the nearest cloaked person he could get. He lifted the person like a toy, the cloaked person was flailing his feet on the air, trying to get rid of the vice grip of the demon. The demon did not even move an inch from all the flailing of the said person. Using his other hand, he removed the mask that was covering the face of the cloaked person.

Max had an astonished look on his face, as the person behind the mask was a human, he thought that the demon race has infiltrated the kingdom, and used their minions to summon this figure.

Judging from his appearance, he was one high leveled demon that was summoned from the demon world. Max did not know what was going on, or who the person who betrayed the human race, but he had only one thought in his mind, "escape". He could feel the aura of the demon seeping out of its body, its strength was nothing to scoff at. His master has the same bearing as the demon in front of him.

The towering figure looked at the person and grinned, His grin added to his malevolent face and made him look like a truly terrifying monster that you can find in your nightmares, like the story that's used for kids to follow their parents. The person tried to speak words but the demon did not give him any time. With one twist, there was a sudden "pop", and his head was removed from his body. Blood was pouring from the neck of the "human" like a fountain. The demon seemed to enjoy the sight of blood and destruction as he threw away the decapitated body and grabbed the next person closest to him.

Max was still left standing at the corner watching the demon massacre the people cruelly, he wanted to escape, his hands were sweating from aura that the demon was emitting, However, even if he wanted to run, he could not.

Judging from the demon's action, he was summoned to cause a commotion in the kingdom. There was a purpose in him coming here, and Max did not know what that main purpose was. The demon was different from the common demons of the demon race, although the demon race was considered brutal, they know how to differentiate their friends from foe. This demon had a primal feeling like the demons of the olden eras.

Max knew that he could not fight this demon head on, but if he escapes right now. Lyla, who is surely waiting for him in the teleportation matrix, will also be in trouble. He might be able to escape by himself, but Lyla will surely become a burden.

He decided to wait and see how the demon would take action after this. They are at the lower levels of the dungeon, He did not know if the barrier would be able to protect them, but he did not want to take that risk. So he watched in the darkness while waiting for his chance.

The demon was laughing with madness, he was enjoying himself as he decapitated the people wearing the cloaks, and he painted a bloody figure in the middle of the room. The people range from young to old, women to men, the sight of the freshly decapitated bodies with the other bodies earlier, made the bloody stench ominous, as if it was only the beginning of something more terrible to come.

Max decided to observe the matrix underneath the demon's feet, he was not as knowledgeable as his grandmother when it comes to matrix and its functions, but he still wanted to find a clue. But nothing comes to mind at the moment. It was at this moment in time that he realized, having a way to communicate like a cellphone would be really helpful in this kind of situation. Most crystals can only be used to record a message. Something as valuable as two-way communication has not been made in this world.

It did not take long for the demon to finish killing all of the people around him. The demon looked around and paused at Max's location. Max flinched as the eyes of the demon stopped at his hiding spot. Once he flinched, the demon grinned, without any signs of movement, then suddenly the Demon appeared in front of Max.

Max did not have time to think as his body moved on its own, like an arrow released from a bow, he shot through and moved away from his hiding spot to the opposite direction. Once again the demon paused for a second, as this was the first time one of its preys was able to escape. With another grin, he moved like an apparition to the spot Max was standing at.

Max did not have time to think, he moved away from Lyla's location and headed for the next level's teleportation matrix. He wanted to find out if this demon would be able to destroy the barrier that each teleportation matrix had. Max ran like a leopard, using his stealth and movement to be one with his environment that he had learned from his master.

The demon was able to perceive his location at once, but once Max used his stealth, it gave him a second to move to another spot before the demon could reach him. This game of tag continued as they ran in the dungeon. The demon had the same perception and speed as the monkey he trained with, however, its senses must be one level lower than his former training partner which was a blessing in disguise.

Although his speed was faster than the demon, he could not guarantee that his strength is its equal. And he did not want to take that risk. He continued to run without looking back, he only needs to feel its aura to know that its presence is a hairs length away from him. He could only use his stealth from time to time as it consumes a lot of energy. Max used it as an opportunity to give him a second to drag out this game of cat and mouse.

Sfx*GRAAAAAAAAAAAAWR*

One can hear the continuous growling of the demon in the dungeon.

2