Chapter 11: Conceptual (1)
114 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously

Without hesitation, Arthur reached out and spun the wheel once more.

The familiar whirl filled the air, intensifying the suspense that gripped his heart. His body leaned forward, his breath held in bated anticipation. The outcome remained uncertain, yet his determination burned brighter than ever.

As the wheel gradually slowed down, Arthur's eyes were fixated on the rapidly approaching result. Every second felt like an eternity, as if the entire world had been reduced to the spinning wheel and the possibilities it held. The glimmer of hope in his eyes clashed with the nagging doubts that lurked in the depths of his mind.

As the wheel gradually slowed down, Arthur's heart raced with anticipation. The outcome remained uncertain, and a mixture of hope and anxiety coursed through his veins. With every passing second, the possibilities seemed to intertwine, creating a tapestry of dreams and doubts.

Finally, the wheel came to a halt, and a message materialized before Arthur's eyes. The system's interface flickered, displaying a series of glowing icons before finally settling on the result.

 


 

Ding!

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: David - Mortal]

Arthur's excitement faltered for a moment as he processed the unexpected result. He blinked in disbelief, his mind struggling to comprehend the significance of being designated as a mere mortal. Confusion clouded his thoughts, and a wave of disappointment washed over him.

"Mortal?" Arthur muttered, before he shook his head and looked at the blue screen with determination. “Hell if I take this for an answer.”

His gaze shifted to the spinning wheel, still taunting him from the corner of his vision. The remaining time indicated there were only twenty minutes left before the wheel closed permanently. The allure of more spins beckoned, promising a chance to obtain a higher legend, a greater destiny.

In that moment, a surge of determination overpowered his doubts. He would not let fear dictate his path. With a deep breath, Arthur's hand hovered over the interface, ready to once again spin the wheel of destiny.

"Here goes nothing," he murmured, his voice laced with anticipation.

His finger pressed against the glowing button, setting the wheel in motion once more. The room filled with the sound of spinning gears, and Arthur's heartbeat quickened. His eyes followed the rotations, hoping for a higher legend, a revelation of his true potential.

His finger pressed against the glowing button, setting the wheel in motion once more. The room filled with the sound of spinning gears, and Arthur's heartbeat quickened. His eyes followed the rotations, hoping for a higher legend, a revelation of his true potential.

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: Drow - Mortal]

"Again!"

Ding!

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: Merlin- Demigod]

"Again!"

Ding!

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: Sam - Mortal]

"Again!"

***

It was nearly 30 minutes now. Sweat dripped down Arthur’s brows. This was even more taxing than any of his gym workouts. Arthur’s finger pressed against the glowing button before his eyes again, setting the wheel into motion once more as at this point, he was beginning to wonder if his greed had gotten the better of him.

In one of the many times he had spun the wheel, he even got a baby as his Legend, a whole freaking baby.

He looked at the time. 28 minutes had already gone by. Going by how he could pull only once every minute, since the spinning animation seriously took too long, that meant that he only had 2 more pulls left.

“Just 2 more.”

The room fell into silence, broken only by the whirring of gears and the rapid thumping of his heart. Time seemed to slow as the wheel inched closer to its conclusion.

Tick by tick, the seconds slipped away, and doubt gnawed at Arthur's resolve. Had he made a grave mistake? Was his belief in an elusive legend ranked above God nothing more than a desperate hope? Anxiety coursed through his veins, his eyes locked on the wheel's dwindling rotation.

And then, in a breathtaking moment that hung in the air, the spinning digits and symbols aligned, coming to a halt.

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: King Arthur (Demi-God)]

For a split second, Arthur faltered, wondering if he should just settle with this since it was too risky, not to mention he felt it pretty ironic that he received a Legend with the same name. Maybe it would give him some sort of boon or something since they both shared the same name?

No. Jokes aside, Arthur had already decided before he’d pulled the wheel, that it was ride or die for him. So, what if he got another Mortal as his Legend, he had already received a Mortal from the beginning.

“Fuck it.”

And, just like that, Arthur spun the wheel once more.

But then, something went wrong, at least with him. For the minute that it took for the wheel to spin, Arthur felt an absolute serenity, where all of his worries had disappeared. He could feel his heartbeat pump every second, the light tingling in his blood, and the feeling of silence where it was just him in the room, no-one else.

Before he could wonder what was going on, he received a notification, and to say he was surprised would be an understatement.

DING!

The interface flickered, displaying a radiant glow that bathed the room in ethereal light.

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations! You have obtained the legend: Aegis - The Personification Of Heaven & Light (Concept)]

A gasp escaped Arthur's lips as his eyes widened in disbelief. The room around him seemed to fade into the background as his mind struggled to comprehend the magnitude of the revelation. He had done it. Against all odds, in the final moments before the wheel's closure, he had attained the legendary rank he had dreamed of.

Surprise, shock, and elation intermingled within him, creating a whirlwind of emotions. He had come so close to accepting his fate as a mortal, to resigning himself to a lesser destiny. But now, he stood on the precipice of something far greater—a legend beyond gods themselves.

Awestruck, Arthur's gaze fixated on the words illuminating the interface before him. Aegis, the personification of heaven and light. The weight of his newfound legend settled upon his shoulders, both exhilarating and daunting. He had surpassed the boundaries he once believed confined him, transcending the limitations of mortal existence.

A smile tugged at the corners of Arthur's lips, a blend of disbelief and triumph. The room, once a reflection of his doubts and fears, now radiated with a newfound sense of purpose and possibility. The walls seemed to shimmer with the ethereal essence of heaven and light, mirroring the transformation taking place within him.

“Fuck YES!” Arthur pumped his fists, before striking it towards the very heavens themselves. “LET’S FUCKING GOOOO!”

In that pivotal moment, Arthur realized the significance of taking risks, of never settling for less than his true potential. He had gambled against time itself, and fortune had favored him. The wheel's closure had become a catalyst for his ascension, pushing him to the precipice of greatness.

 

 


Please, please make sure to write down a comment below on your opinions of the story! Also, obligatory patreon request where I'm posting multiple chapters ahead!!

Check it out here at my patreon -----> http://patreon.com/user?u=94155299

 
 
6