Chapter 12: Conceptual (2)
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously

Surprise, shock, and elation intermingled within him, creating a whirlwind of emotions. He had come so close to accepting his fate as a mortal, to resigning himself to a lesser destiny. But now, he stood on the precipice of something far greater—a legend beyond gods themselves.

Awestruck, Arthur's gaze fixated on the words illuminating the interface before him. Aegis, the personification of heaven and light. The weight of his newfound legend settled upon his shoulders, both exhilarating and daunting. He had surpassed the boundaries he once believed confined him, transcending the limitations of mortal existence.

A smile tugged at the corners of Arthur's lips, a blend of disbelief and triumph. The room, once a reflection of his doubts and fears, now radiated with a newfound sense of purpose and possibility. The walls seemed to shimmer with the ethereal essence of heaven and light, mirroring the transformation taking place within him.

“Fuck YES!” Arthur pumped his fists, before striking it towards the very heavens themselves. “LET’S FUCKING GOOOO!”

In that pivotal moment, Arthur realized the significance of taking risks, of never settling for less than his true potential. He had gambled against time itself, and fortune had favored him. The wheel's closure had become a catalyst for his ascension, pushing him to the precipice of greatness.


 

 

Arthur took a deep breath, but almost choked because he simply couldn’t hold back how excited he was. But, as excited as he was, he didn’t forget to quickly accept his own role as Aether, the personification of heaven and light. What that meant for him, he had no idea but simply hearing the grandiose name and having the rank of a [Concept] for his legend probably meant that he was at the very least definitely stronger than the [God] rank.

“The personification of heaven and light,” Arthur muttered under his breath. Oh, he couldn’t stop his smile. It was like he had woken up and found out that he had become a billionaire, no more it felt way better than that.

Then a thought came to his head. He had stepped into the realm of the beyond, and there was no turning back now, but even if there was, he simply wouldn’t do such a foolish thing.

What did it mean to become the personification of Heaven & Light? Was that simply just a cool name or did it actually have some sort of significance? Did it mean that he would now encompass all of actual heaven, and now had dominion over the concept of light itself?

If it was possible, Arthur’s smile grew wider. He was an avid gamer, and more importantly, read lots of novels, especially fantasy ones - on the web or physical book, western or eastern - which meant that there was no end to his creative ideas on how he could elevate his power. Already, he wanted to try something but before he got ahead of himself, he needed to call out for his status first.

"Status!"

<<Status Screen: Arthur>>

Name: Arthur

Legend: Aether [The Personification of Heaven & Light]

Level: 1

Race: Conceptual

Attributes:

Strength: C    Intelligence: D     Wisdom: D     Agility: B       Dexterity: C     Endurance: C    Charisma: A

Racial Skills:

Crown: Novice

Light Manipulation: Novice

Heavenly Eyes: [Locked]

Freedom: [Locked]

Mana: Null

Now there were multiple reasons as to why Arthur’s jaw had dropped down to the floor but he focused on the important ones first, like how his status had basically doubled in power, especially how he had a ‘B’ grade in Agility, which wasn’t really that surprising if he considered the fact that he was now the personification of light.

If he thought about it that way, he seemed pretty weak for someone with a rank higher than the gods, like how his strength and Lily’s was still the same for some reason. Maybe whoever implemented this system in the world made it so that the most your status could be from the get-go is a ‘B’ grade? But, how strong are these ‘B’ grades, or ‘C’ grades and what-no?

He would have to test that out later.

But, before that, he needed to check something out first. Without a moment of waste, he tapped on each of his skills.

<< Status Screen - Arthur >>

Crown (Novice): As the concept of heaven and light, a crown is something that is befitting of you. The brighter the crown, the stronger you will become. [As a novice, your crown is still dim.]

Light Manipulation (Novice): You now wield the power to manipulate and control light itself. Your will is its command. [As a novice, you are only able to manipulate it for basic life-style use.]

Heavenly Eyes: (Locked)

Freedom: (Locked)

Before everything else, Arthur was most excited about  the Light Manipulation racial skill, since who wouldn’t want to bend the fastest thing in the universe to his will. Obviously, he saw the novice rank, but it didn’t hinder him in trying to think of ways to make it an offensive skill, like if he concentrated light into the diameter pin-hole, wouldn’t he basically have a laser that could pierce through nearly everything? Or, if that didn’t work, he could still bend light around him to make him as fast as well. . .light, and he knew light was pretty damn fast.

His mind conjured images of legendary heroes moving at the speed of light, leaving trails of brilliance in their wake. He envisioned warriors summoning dazzling light constructs, shaping them into formidable weapons or impenetrable barriers. The possibilities seemed endless, limited only by his own mastery.

However, a wave of realization washed over him, tempering his enthusiasm. While the potential of Light Manipulation was immense, he acknowledged that his skill level was still in its nascent stage. He was but a novice, a fledgling in the realm of divine abilities. The true extent of his powers would only be unlocked through dedication, practice, and experience.

But then, his excitement still bubbled up like a surging tide. He didn’t know exactly what the [Crown] racial skill did for him, but reading the skill description, it was probably some sort of body strengthening skill or something, which wasn’t too bad seeing as how it was a growth-type, and anyone who read novels knew that growth-type skills were one of the best. He conjured images of impervious armor formed from divine light, shielding him from harm and allowing him to endure even the most grueling battles. Arthursaw this skill as a vital asset, enabling him to withstand attacks, recover from injuries, and press forward in the face of adversity.

“Now, why these are locked is beyond me,” Arthur muttered, his eyes falling upon the two [Locked] racial skills; [Heavenly Eyes] and [Freedom].

Now, the fact that it was locked would surely have turned the common eye away, but again, as an avid reader of fantasy novels, he knew that it only meant they were overpowered. It didn’t take an idiot to make the connection of his race as a concept and the very conceptual sounding skill of [Freedom].

He wondered if that would mean that he would be free in the truest sense of the word, like how he would be free from the fundamentals of this world, and even perhaps this universe. He wondered if it would grant him true mastery over his own existence, and perhaps over the very fabric of existence itself.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 


Please, please make sure to write down a comment below on your opinions of the story! Also, obligatory patreon request where I'm posting multiple chapters ahead!!

Check it out here at my patreon -----> http://patreon.com/user?u=94155299

4