CH2: Dungeon and Training
81 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 1

Age 778 Future Timeline

Underground Cave

 

Ki was the energy I always wanted when dealing with the Sect; the power to destroy planets would have been useful against those snobby bastards. Having it in the dragon world wasn’t special, and being in the future timeline was a massive disadvantage. There were no masters I could rely on, and I doubted Gohan had time to help me play catch-up when he had Trunks. With a little patience, they could have beaten the androids. That led me to a disadvantage I had no one to reach me and only half-remembered techniques to work from.

 

With my ki, I did what felt natural. I hovered a couple inches off the ground and held the position. The energy was there, and my endurance stat was closer to 400 than 300. Getting a feel for this new energy was more important than flying around on my first day. So I took it slow.

 

I had the stamina to spare and a month's worth of ration bars.

 

 The androids were likely still in the area, and flying out of my cave was bound to get me spotted.

 

With that in mind, I hovered and tried to get a feel for the tiny star of power within me. My training wasn’t as fancy as working out; it was more about understanding what I was working with and what I could do with it. 

 

A ki blast wasn’t in the cards yet, but I could shift my body in the air. I punched the air and felt my ki coat my arm; it wS automatic, and the air ruptured. A hole exploded through the wall in front of me. The ki blasted forth and destroyed with little input on my part.

 

It reminded me of Goku’s battle with Beerus; control was the most important attribute a ki cultivator could have. It was the difference between blasting an annoying enemy and obliterating a planet by mistake.

 

I punched again, struggling to keep my ki contained to my arm. The cave shook slightly less, but it could have been my imagination. Every punch ate into my stamina as I struggled. Releasing uncontrolled waves of ki was too wasteful to allow. Forget fighting the androids; I could kill myself if I wasn’t careful.

 

More blows flew as I floated and trained my control. Soon I only left impressions from my blows. My stamina regeneration kept my stamina full, almost like the androids’ perpetual energy.

 

 

Day 7

Age778 Future Timeline

Underground Cave

 

Days flew by while I struggled to get a handle on my power. As I used it, the power grew, testing my control.

 

PL 145

 

Ki grew from use, and I used it constantly, confident my stats would let me run out. My punches no longer ate at my ki, and I began integrating low-leg kicks into my training.

 

Even when I leaked ki like a sieve, my stamina hadn’t run dry I regenerated as much as I lost. Sleep was only needed to keep from going insane staying awake had no ill effects physically. My stats allowed me to forgo food, rest, and extend my rations further.

 

Once I grasped my ki well, I let my feet touch the ground for the first time in days. While I didn’t make the gains I wanted, I felt confident I could fly straight and for an extended period of time.

 

I didn’t know how far the androids preferred to fly, but I doubted they enjoyed low-oxygen environments. 17 seemed like a hedonist who shied away from most discomforts. While he liked to fight, he wouldn’t tolerate a true challenge.

 

With that in mind, I planned to use the night to fly as high as possible.

 

I poked my head out of the cave and pulled it back. The mossy hole was nearly invisible from the air, and the rising dust and smoke made the night pitch black. There was only the faintest orange glow from the smoldering city to provide light. Without my extremely high perception, I couldn’t see a thing. From my perspective, the darkness was complete.

 

Once, I smelled for 18, listened for the flutter of clothes, or the sound of breathing. I flew out and up. Flying outside the cave was far different than mere hovering. My ki wrapped around me, and with it, I rose; the power flowing through my very cells acted as a vehicle moving at my thought. Time appeared to slow down as the energy saturated my mind, and I knew this instinctive action was how fighters saw the world. Shifting smoke froze in the air as I passed through it.

 

At once, I burst through the dust cloud, blanketing the sky where the air was thin and poisonous. I raised my hands to the sky and wanted to shout and cheer. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I was free. For the first time, I knew what freedom and power meant.

 

I flew up dozens of kilometers at a time, but I could go faster and feel it. The air thinned, and the temperature dropped as I entered the mesosphere. My ki battled the harsh conditions stressing my meager control. It was harder to control my ki against the elements than to keep my energy contained in my punches.

 

I soon left the mesosphere and couldn’t go far into the thermosphere. Nothing was underneath me, and I felt I could fall to my death at any moment. Temperatures suddenly spiked, forcing me back into the mesosphere, where temperatures rapidly cooled.

 

A sudden wind blew me off course, nearly breaking my ki barrier before suddenly changing direction. As the winds ate my stamina, I flew toward the northern pole with all my might. A sudden updraft of dust hit me, tearing hundreds of small holes into my plate, chainmail, and gambeson. Blood leaked from my mouth as I struggled to stay in the air. A sudden temperature drops A sudden temperature drop nearly froze my lungs as I flew down into the mesosphere. I began descending rapidly to try and save myself.

 

Blood leaked all over my body as I descended, struggling to keep my ki barrier up. My barrier was weak, and I was inexperienced.  

 

A sudden cyclone appeared, dragging in dust and debris from too many ki blasts. I tried to fly away, but it was too strong to resist. Then I remembered hearing what to do if a current began taking me out to sea. Instead of directly resisting it, I flew with it, angled away from it.

 

A few rotations later, I managed to break free and descend. The northern pole came into view, and I felt completely exhausted.

 

 

Day 7

Age 778

Future Timeline

Arctic

 

After resting and getting some much-needed sleep in my tent, I managed to do some hunting. A polar bear had snuck into my tent and tried to make a meal of me. The monster blinked at me when I didn’t flee after noticing it. I raised my fist and punched it in the nose.

 

The animal’s neck snapped, and it fell with its legs twitching. I processed it to cook. While I wasn’t near my destination, it wasn’t too far after flying the day before. The point was to be too far into an inhospitable place to make finding me too difficult to bother with. It would be ideal if the androids wouldn’t find me even if they murdered the whole population.

 

While that could be a viable strategy even if Trunks failed, Cell might not. Cell would destroy the planet before leaving.

 

I let my bear meat cool before feasting. After a food coma, flying to a nice trench deep in the glacier was easy. It was there I planted the dungeon core seed.

 

Small crystalline roots spread through the ice, and I flew out to collect animals for it to feed on to help it grow. After I dented the population of seals, bears, and wolves, the dungeon had enough energy to access its store of blueprints and energy from the previous dungeon.

 

I played a part in the previous dungeon core’s plan to leave its dungeon and have a body for itself. Only nothing ever goes as planned. The body the dungeon prepared to fuse into already developed a personality, and when I reached the core, most of it was shattered. It was desperate to survive in some way, and I used that to my advantage.

 

A room of stone soon grew around us. I flexed my will upon the seed, and a comfortable chair appeared, and I took a seat while the dungeon built its first floor.

“Hello, master,” a feminine voice said.

 

I pointed at the dungeon seed. “Hello, you; this world is under the attack of two multi-world class enemies. The population is totaled, and I expect the planet will soon follow. We need to work together if we want to survive. So instead of master, how about we be partners instead.” I said.

 

Dungeons normally held all the cards in a relationship between adventurers and dungeons. They were the administrators of their bodies and could ban anything that unbalanced their dungeon. Some floors were worlds unto themselves. Within a dungeon, the dungeon core was practically a god. They were not to be messed with. For that reason, even with the dungeon core captured and subdued under me. I wasn’t interested in causing friction between us.

 

“An interesting proposal, partners must be faithful to one another. If you wish to have and to hold me, then you will provide protection, acquire new resources on my behalf, and help me to design my floors.” The dungeon said.

 

It was a tall order; dungeons were greedy and untrustworthy. Most did not consider humans as anything but food at the best of times. All our power came from dungeons, and to get stronger, we had to dive deeper into their depths and risk our lives. Few adventurers died old and grey.

 

My PL was around 201; battling the storm between the mesosphere and thermosphere greatly increased my ki control. Surviving to reach the Arctic allowed me to take the world’s lesson to heart. I needed to train in harsh environments relying on my ki to gain power. It was like Goku’s gravity training; my ki needed to be stressed to grow.

 

“Let's try and get along; my name is Vincent Hawk; what can I call you?” I asked.

 

“Call me Tera. I like that name; it means 10 to the 12th power. I’m going to be a very big deal to many people.” Tera said.

 

The first floor had to be harsh but fair. Tera showed off her catalog of flora and fauna; while we hadn’t an idea what the first connected world could bring, I had my own agenda. I chose several plants that altered gravity near them. Some trees decreased gravity to near 0, and others increased it over 3 times. The atmosphere was far more oxygenated similar to a much older Earth. Then the heat and humidity were turned up to rainforest levels. A few choice disease-carrying insects were added; there were tropical birds to eat them and big cats adept at camouflage. Prey animals were introduced with large spiders and whole clouds of mosquitoes. Several wetlands covered the floor along with a river.

 

The floor was as functional as it was deadly. If the monsters didn’t kill, then the heat, diseases, or terrain would. More exotic mobs were created as the floor expanded with whole forests of graviton trees jointly increasing gravity. Gnolls were spawned in the deeper portions of the floor. No true boss was created; Tera dropped keys that buffed monsters that picked them up with faster stat gains and better drops. An elevator was installed, requiring 3 keys to move to the next floor.

 

I flew through it, struggling against the changing gravity. A sudden jump from near 0 to 5 nearly ripped me apart. I landed next to a 0-gravity tree and rested.

 

“Don’t worry; no one will attack you unless you want them to. How does it feel on the ground?” Tera asked.

 

“Fliers are going to be miserable,” I said.

 

The dungeon chuckled, shaking the 1rst floor.

 

“That’s the idea. If you were a fresh adventurer, what would you think?” Tera asked.

 

“I would say hell no, this place is a death trap. So you’re loot must be too good to pass up.” I pulled a simple wooden sign from my backpack and hammered it in. “Some warning signs could fool the adventures onto believing you're more impartial,” I said.

 

“Maybe I can make some monsters more interested in raping than killing. Sexual energy isn’t as good as souls but renewable.” Tera said.

 

A gnoll burst from the woods dressed in heavy armor, swinging a battle ax.

 

There were always issues with using intelligent races in dungeons. I caught the ax and felt nearly 400 points of strength behind it. My arm didn’t move. While it surpassed my stats, much ki put me on another level. I punched the gnoll taking its health down to 0, but it didn’t die as expected.

 

You have defeated  Gnoll Barbarian Female

+5STR

+4END

+5CON

Choose an option.

Anal Sex +1 SP

Pseudo Penis Insertion +2SP

Oral Sex +1SP

Kill

Release

 

A spell scroll and a fancy codpiece appeared on the ground, along with a new addition to my health bar. A shop option was in the corner of my vision, begging to be used.

 

“What’s up with the SP?” I asked.

 

“You seemed hesitant to do any carnal acts, so I need to give out rewards to encourage adventurers to use the option. I adjusted HP in my dungeon. Once it drops to 0, the victor will be defenseless. This way, I can ring every bit of energy out of adventurers before killing their souls. My mobs will need some redesigns.”

 

Another gnoll shot out of the woods, and I hit this one much harder. It splattered into bloody paste as my fist swept through it.

 

“Attacks that are overkill will still kill,” Tera said.

 

“So, what’s in the shop.” I picked up the codpiece and saw an SR on the item instead of the normal R or L. That was odd. “Have you altered how rarity works?” I asked.

 

“Do you like it? I have more resources than a normal dungeon and believe I can do better than the old system. Common, uncommon, rare, legendary, and unique won’t cut it anymore. We have materials far more common than legendary but too rare to be merely rare. Take a look at the shop, you’ll like what you see. I have a section just for training.” Tera said.

 

Other gnolls appeared and winked out. It seemed the dungeon was already busy with a redesign. I didn’t expect her to go with a heavier focus on sex than death, but death wasn’t off the table. Losses to mobs seemed like they would end in gang rapes rather than death most of the time. I was sure there was an upper limit.

 

A gnoll appeared with big titties, a far more humanized snout, and an hourglass figure. The strength was clearly dropped in exchange for some charisma and dexterity. I could see guys having sex with them.

 

I flew up to the top of the tree and relaxed on a branch. A viper lunged, and I caught it mid-strike.

 

Thankfully no option window popped up, so I snapped the snake’s neck and tossed it.

 

The shop was impressive. 2000SP, and I could be the proud owner of a ring of gains. It was an SR item that increased all stat gains by 20%. They could resize to fit any digit. There were healing potions, and lists of rare items, some of the stuff was better than I had on. The Sefirot and Qliphoth spears were 50,000 each and were UR instead of legendary. His own Double Helix had become a UR instead of a legendary one. The spears said they could be upgraded to legendary. There were numerous armor ability cores, some worth the price. The shard system seemed to be on its way out because I couldn’t find any for sale. Instead of upgrading weapons and armor, special items had to be found. By the description, shards were not the most effective items to upgrade. That’s why they were being fazed out.

 

Unfortunately, the items needed weren’t listed yet that were pending. While item drops were still in effect, nearly every item imaginable could be purchased from the shop with a limit of 99 per item.

 

I slipped on the codpiece and felt it weave into place. By pulling on the latch, I could pop it off to have sex without removing my armor. Tera seemed to have thought of everything.

 

The spell scroll was more impressive.

 

Dimension Burst – Tear holes into the fabric of reality leading to the first floor.

Cost 25SP

 

I slipped it into an ability slot. I’m certain Tera added burst to the name to help boost my only spell. The former dungeon was a stingy bastard that liked to use gotcha for spells and abilities. With the shop, I could purchase spells and abilities for myself. I could purchase up to 10 spell and ability slots. That was on top of my natural 10. Tier-up stones were also available for purchase up to tier 4. All I needed was 1500SP to get there. I had my own little quest.

 

“Give me a week, and I’ll be ready to tear into the nearest dimensional space,” Tera said.

 

Suddenly I had time to kill.

 

 

Day 14

Age 778 Future Timeline

Tera Dungeon

 

Training in 3x gravity was a powerful learning experience. Tera was nice enough to triple physical gains, but the real prize was ki training. Even walking around was beneficial. My Ki quickly learned to regulate my blood flow, heart rate, and joint protection. Ki nurtured my body more deeply thanks to the higher gravity forcing me to adapt. What would have taken Goku moments to adapt to took me 4 days. Humans could adapt, but it was much slower than Saiyans.

 

A moose stared at me while a group of gnolls took up positions and began their hunt.

 

Wham!

 

An arrow hit the moose behind its shoulder, and the animal jerked and ran into another Gnoll. Hyenas were some of the most successful hunters. This one swung a hammer into the moose’s charge. The blow, backed with high stats, stopped the animal cold, and they immediately tore into the moose. Once ripped off the dick with her teeth and held it out, looking at me with a bloody smile.

 

She threw her orange hair back and forth on her head and puffed up her chest. After two weeks without sex, I felt a little pent up. I needed to get out of here before Tera’s adjustments to the gnolls started to look enticing.

 

“Done; return to the adventurer’s cabin to see.” I blasted off the ground and zigzagged through the maze of gravity-bending trees to the only safe zone on floor 1. My speed was twice what it had been before, and flying was becoming second nature. “You’re going to love it. I think it’s the perfect match for my dungeon. I’m going to get so much tantric energy and souls.” Tera said.

 

The first floor plateaued shortly after its creation. Tera only had so much energy to construct her floor before she needed to attract adventurers. The tweaks were the most Tera could do without a new influx. A bar appeared in my vision. It said until Floor 1’s completion. There was a little speck of pink within it, meaning there was a long way to go.

 

I landed on the cabin’s estate. That was another thing about the place. Adventures needed to spend SP to upgrade the cabin. It was another ploy to get the trapped adventurers to keep playing. Entry was free to exit required 100SP per person. Basically, someone had to beat and fuck 100 monsters before they were allowed to leave.

 

“Why is your SP still zero? I promised not to look, but you haven’t tried any of my girls out? What’s wrong with them?” The short answer was nothing, but the long answer was I wanted my first sexual experience since being freed from the Sect to be with a woman with a nice wet pussy. After I enjoyed some nice pussy I would be more than willing to try out some monster girls. The occasional panther girl I saw didn’t count. “I will keep tweaking until even you can’t resist them.”

 

“You could always,” Tera interrupted.

 

“I’m not going to take away what makes them special,” Tera said.

 

I stepped in to see a long hallway where doors could be. A door with DXD and a cartoonish red dragon was at the far end. I threw my hands in the air like I didn’t care and cheered. I got the titty anime. Since I landed the future timeline, I thought my luck had taken a turn for the worst, but this was truly a step up.

 

My time training wasn’t for nothing either. I was going to burst onto the scene like a hurricane.

 

PL 319

 

That’s right, after two weeks of training, I was sitting well above the likes of King Piccolo. I was on my way to making real gains, and Tera was the key to making true training grounds. The hot, humid air needed to defend itself from biting insects and shifting gravity was perfect for rapid growth. Even a human like me could get stronger under the right conditions.  

 

After taking a deep breath and containing myself, I entered the new world.

 

I stepped through the portal and onto the street of Kuoh. The second my foot touched the pavement, a car slammed into me. The car’s inhabitants survived thanks to only driving 20mhp and airbags. I floated off the ground around to the driver's side. The air was chilly enough to be crisp. I was in Japan, and there was so much food to try, but I didn’t have any money or clothes to blend in.

 

The driver's door opened with a man speaking rapid Japanese. A young woman, his daughter, stumbled out behind him, looking around. The man poked my chest, and I didn’t feel it. The car didn’t chip my paint; what was a middle-aged Japanese man going to do with his finger. I pointed at the man.

 

“Dimension Burst,” I called, and reality didn’t shatter it more unzipped for me to shove a man inside. Before the teen could escape, I took her by the hand and shoved her inside. An ability scroll shot out of my portal in response before it closed.

 

All Language – Passive ability that grants the ability to speak all languages.

 

The scroll burned in my hand, and the language barrier was fixed. Tera most likely wasn’t sure if I would stay on her side until I delivered two adventurers. Fortunately, the streets were relatively empty.

 

I flew high enough to get the lay of the land and spotted the abandoned church. That was exactly what I needed a place to harvest some adventurers and store my stuff. I might be able to find some clothes that won’t stick out.

 

Check Out Death World Menagerie Nightmare

3