CH3: The New World
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kuoh Academy

Occult Research Club

 

A monster stepped into her territory out of thin air. Through her familiar, she witnessed it casually bend space to send a man and his daughter somewhere. Then he flew off.

 

Rias kicked at the bathwater, splashing her queen. 

 

“Fufufu, you’re being naughty. Did something happen?” Akeno asked.

 

Her queen’s hands rubbed her thigh and pressed into her pink slit. The red-headed devil loved it when her queen was aggressive. Sona hadn’t busted her door down, and nothing was on fire; she could wait until Akeno was done to erase the memories of any witnesses and track down the flying human. He didn’t even try to hide his magic, and he happened to be making his way toward the church.

 

She heard a slight buzz and felt Akeno use one of her favorite spells. It wasn’t long before she spasmed from her friend's efforts and returned the favor.

 

Fallen had a delightfully sweet taste, something she would never tell anyone. Akeno pinched her nipples, moaning while Rias serviced her. The red-headed devil smiled at her friend's cute orgasm.

 

“Maybe I should slip on our new toy. “ Akeno slowly withdrew a box when Koneko burst in.

 

“Ecchi Akeno,” her rook said with a twitch of a sultry smile on her lips. Lady Sitri is here to see you; she said it’s urgent.”

 

She was out in less than two hours.

 

Sona’s scowl was her only reward for getting ready at warp speed.

 

“Rias, we have an unknown magician who kidnapped people; he just cleared out the old abandoned church. Then he captured a stray devil and the perverted trio. While I waited on you, he continued his rampage.” Sona said.

 

Her friend was cute when she was stressed. Sona was practically blushing from her angry outburst, so petite and pretty like an evil doll. Rias wanted to drag her friend into bed, but she did have a job to get to eventually.

 

“Didn’t one of the perverted trio have a sacred gear with a dragon aura. Maybe I can recruit them after we find out where they are going.” Rias said.

 

“His name is Issei,” Akeno said.

 

“Thank you! We should make recruiting him a priority. Maybe he will summon me with his contact.” Rias said.

 

“Rias, we need to track down the kidnapper; we can’t afford to be passive here,” Sona said.

 

As an owner of Kuoh, it was her duty to vet any magician. He felt powerful, and she did have a spare bishop piece.

 

“Dibs,” Rias said.

 

“What are you talking about. You already called dibs on Issei?” Sona said.

 

She smiled at her normally rule lawyer friend. It seemed Sona had some required reading of the unwritten rules of dibs.

 

“When a target of dibs disappears, the dibs resets until the target reappears,” Rias said.

 

Sona froze and needed to reboot after Rias’s revelation. That gave Rias a little time to ogle Sona, especially her friend's sexy ass.

 

“I swear that lord Lucifer made a mistake sealing your virginity. You’re worse than my sister and only lazier about it. I’m not making the first move, and no amount of staring will make me. Now come on, we have a mage to censor.” Sona said.

 

Sona adjusted her glasses, causing a lens flare. To think people called her the Otaku when Sona was playing class president.

 

 

Kuoh Academy

Hours before

 

 I flew down into the heart of devil territory and spotted the perverted trio right away. They were peeping in on the kendo club’s changing room. I dropped down gently behind them. My floor bar had barely moved after shoving two people in, and I had a few tasks to complete, some personal, others not so much. Taking out the perverted trio would rip canon a new asshole and nuke the rails.

 

Besides, I was doing Issei Hyoudou a favor. He would have all the oppai he could handle on the other side of the portal. He might have to deal with some pseudo-penises in exchange, but it was better than dealing with the supernatural. It felt like a good deed to balance out the shit-heel move I pulled earlier. Maybe the father and daughter or hooker and John, I wasn’t sure, didn’t deserve to be thrown into the dungeon. This was a good deed to counter that bad karma while considering my needs.

 

The portal formed, and I first grabbed Issei by his collar and tossed them in. Glasses and bald big ears went next then I let the portal close.

 

While the floor bar didn’t change, I made serious progress.

 

“Ok, I don’t want to tell you how to do your job, but I have a crying teen and a yelling old man in my dungeon and no staff to direct them. They aren’t leaving the cabin, and it’s the only safe room. How are we going to solve this?” Tera asked.

 

“Just ignore them; they’ll figure it out or die. You’re a dungeon; you don’t have to coddle any of them. A little off topic, how is the time dilation going?” I asked.

 

“The most I can manage for the first floor is 2x; the first floor isn’t designed for time dilation. I’ve studied your signs, and I like the idea. Unfortunately, you wrote them in Menagerie; the new adventurers won’t be able to read them.” Tera said.

 

I slapped my face and scared a student who couldn’t stop staring at me. She was short with white hair and smelled like a cat. Perception stat for the win. She smelled like a love hotel mixed with a bakery, so maybe I wasn’t as good as I thought.

 

“Change the signs if you want to; we’ll need to idiot-proof the first floor. While a few deaths are the idea, we must give them enough loot to make the survivors believe it’s worth the risk. I think I might open a store if I can find a healer. We can keep them in the dungeon longer, give them a false sense of security, and milk them for all their worth.” I said.

 

My feet left the ground, and the girl’s eyes widened. I shot off just under the sound barrier to avoid getting too much attention. The church appeared as a cluster of above-average power levels. Most of what I felt was mana or magic energy in this place. I had the beginnings of a plan, and maybe the fallen in the church could help me after I caught Asia.

 

DXD had tons of magic, and I had all the INT, WIS, and PER I needed to ransack all the forbidden libraries and secret scrolls around. In other words, magic was on the list of things I wanted from the new world. Having magic that wasn’t limited to spell/ability slots would be useful.

 

I swooped down and landed in the middle of the abandoned church. A light bullet bounced off my barrier, doing nothing.

 

“Die, you devil bastard.” An exorcist yelled.

 

I opened a dimensional tear and calmly went about my work. I closed the tear once the last human outside the church was through.

 

“Congratulations, rapists are chasing the only girl out of the cabin after they beat up the girl’s father. She’s heading right into a newly established panther girl village. I can’t watch.” Tera said.

 

Dungeons were known for killing machines that didn’t flinch from slurping up thousands of souls at a time. Tera clearly went against the mold. She was more a world builder than a bloodthirsty dungeon. No wonder she went for more of a tantric energy model than blood and guts.

 

A blue light spear slammed into the gap in my armor near my knee. Ki barriers, fortunately, didn’t give a damn about photon attacks, even if they came from the divine. I relaxed a little when the spear shattered into motes of light. I turned to a man in a grey trench coat who already tipped his black fedora.

 

I looked down at my shiny metal boots and then back at the man’s expensive wingtip black leather boots. Even the trench coat was a Burberry trench coat. Even the fedora was worth about 1,200 USD. While it was tempting, I wouldn’t rob the guy yet. He could easily become an employee of mine. As a man who grew up poor and dropped out of college, robbing a rich and weak fallen was tempting.

 

“I have a proposition for your leader. Bring her out.” I said.

 

His eyes narrowed, and his black wings burst out behind his back. The man flew up to a ledge like taking the high ground was some great feat.

 

“Are you choosing to decline diplomacy?” I asked.

 

“Dead men can’t make deals. I don’t care how fancy your armor is; it won’t save you. My name is Dohnaseek,” I blitzed and punched him in the face with the lowest amount of power I could manage. His head cocked back, and he smiled. “Was that your best?” I nodded; his head didn’t explode, so I was right to hold back. I threw a second, slightly harder punch and knocked Dohnaseek through the abandoned church’s stained glass. An image of Jesus had a hole in his chest that appeared solemn behind me.

 

The fallen turned his head and spat out a wad of blood. I descended through the already-made hole without damaging the expensive glass further. He launched another spear, which broke on my barrier before touching my chest plate. I couldn’t measure the fallen’s power; it was greater than 0 but less than a threat. Even if he managed to break my barrier, he had DEF, steel plate, chainmail, and gambeson to pierce before he had to deal with my HP. My armor’s DEF had increased after dealing with the powerful winds between the Mesosphere and thermosphere. It was about 50% stronger than it was before. The adaptation and regeneration armor abilities were great for the long game. I would most likely swap them out for some SR, UR, or L armor. Still, until the dungeon could handle giving out those drops, I was fine with some old-fashioned R with two armor abilities equipped to each piece.

 

Suppose I let Dohnaseek hit my armor with light spears unprotected and shrank my ki barrier to only the surface of my skin. In that case, it might gain some light resistance. While my armor would never have the stats of higher-ranked equipment, it could become useful in all situations.

 

The fallen stumbled to his feet and threw himself behind some pews to break out of line of sight. From the other side of the pews, he tossed another light spear. I let it shatter on my ki barrier, doing no damage. It wasn’t that light couldn’t break through my barrier Dohnaseek didn’t have the piercing power. My mortal ki had no weakness to light.

 

Another thought occurred as I watched the light spear break into pieces. I could collect the pieces of Excalibur and have Tera recombine them into a nice unique weapon. Then I could add weapon abilities to it. U weapons should have about 9 weapon ability slots.

 

“Let’s say we listen to your deal; what’s in it for us? You’ve stolen our minions; what can you give us to compensate for that.” I rubbed the back of my head. My gantlets shrieked as steel scraped steel. “My ears,” Dohnaseek said.

 

I turned to the goth Lolita sneaking in from the rafters above. She froze as I turned my gaze on Kalawarner, a blue-haired buxom woman in a red trench coat and nothing else. A blue tuft of hair barely hid her slit from my gaze. I counted the hairs and saw her clit twitch. Sometimes high perception was useful.

 

With a swipe, I shattered the blue spear aimed at my back from Raynare, the leader of this little group of fallen clad in black leather. She looked more like a bondage demon from the 80s than a fallen.

 

“Aren’t you adorable? If this was an anime, you could power up by adding more belts to your outfit.” With two, you must be quite powerful.” I said.

 

I crossed the distance and brushed her wing with my hand.

“They are as soft as I imagined.” The fallen froze from my touch; her black feathers were nice. I noticed her staring in shock and coughed to get back on track. “Yes, I have a job that only a smart and talented fallen can handle. You see, I plan to snatch Asia Argenta and use her as a healer for a business venture.” I said.

 

“I don’t care what faction you’re with; we saw her first.”

 

“Are you one of Lord Azazel’s pet magicians?” Mitteit asked.

 

“No, or not yet, but I doubt you’re following his orders either. Rumor has it he’s tired of war and wants to establish a lasting peace between the three factions of heaven. If that is his agenda, why place four fallen in the territory of the siblings of two Satans to nab an excommunicated nun. If it is covert ops, then why send you four here. You clearly aren’t trying to stealth it; otherwise, you wouldn’t have established yourselves in this eyesore. It took me exactly 3 minutes and 20 seconds to spot you.”

 

“How would you know Lord Azazel’s plans?” Dohnaseek asked.

 

“I don’t, but he isn’t an idiot. This goes against his clearly stated agenda, and it's unlikely he would go through all this trouble when he can simply make a trade during the peace talks.” High charisma was useful for more than making myself look more appealing. My words went further to convince others. I somewhat understood the political situation.

 

“We have written orders sealed with Lord Azazel’s symbol,” Raynare said.

 

I gave the two winged fallen a look over. Sinfully creamy pale skin looked good combined with her black leather BDSM gear. She felt powerless; any time she could feel in charge was a good time for her. Raynare wanted payback and the power to get her way.

 

I found out later she liked to keep gimps; some were in the basement.

 

“When something doesn’t make sense, then someone’s lying. Are you trying to go against Lord Azazel’s overarching strategy, or is someone using his seal to start a war?” I asked.

 

The argument was a false dichotomy, either making her out to be a traitor or a victim.

 

“No, but that doesn’t mean we are going to help some mage that isn’t a part of our faction.”

 

“What if it's to get a foothold on behalf of the fallen in a realm full of magical weapons and the ability to grow in strength rapidly. The paradigm will shift once the peace talks happen, and this dimension will be regulated.” I said.

 

“I want more detail. You speak as if this is a new market or technology. Dimensional rifts to divine realms aren’t new.” Dohnaseek said.

 

“This one rewards your efforts to gather loot. But more importantly, it gives out a currency that can be traded for anything the dimension provides by the deity. So tell me, who made it out rich in the gold rush, the miners or the shopkeepers selling shovels and pickaxes?” I asked.

 

“Your plan is to take Asia Argento to this dimension and exchange her healing for this resource. We each get a cut and can use this currency to buy rare items for ourselves and the faction.”

 

“More importantly, you said we could get stronger,” Raynare said.

 

“Yea, the dimension awards statistical potential while in the realm. Growing stronger there is much easier than here. The resource can also be used to purchase equipment that increases the gains from the dimension. All we need to do is go there, declare ourselves a neutral faction, and heal the wounded. Your job will be to protect Asia and kick out those who can’t pay. The exorcists I sent over are still your minions. They are also the majority for now. Send them out and offer a discount to them to build loyalty. Then when more enter, you’ll already be set up with a powerful foothold before the angels, devils, or even the rest of the fallen notice.” I said.

 

 Raynare’s eyes glazed over with clear dreams of power, and I had to snap my fingers to snap her out of it. That’s the problem with high charisma words can become hypnotizing without trying. Add some ki to that, and I could have them all follow me like little dark-winged ducklings.

 

“We didn’t like the orders anyway, and actually making a difference on the ground level sounds better than pissing off Satans and restarting the great war,” Kalawarner said.

 

“Great, a few things. You need to earn 100SP, the currency of the dimension, to purchase the ability to move between it and the Earth. It won’t take long; an hour here is two in the dimension. Let's go; it’ll be great; we’ll get so strong.” I said.

 

“First, how long does it take to earn 1SP?” Dohnaseek asked.

 

“About five minutes at most. Since we’re going to sell healing much less.” I said.

 

I opened a dimensional tear, and the four looked at each other. To help them along, I added a little ki to my voice. “Get in.” Their eyes glazed over, and they flew into the tear.”

 

My attention shifted to the plane flying east. I debated letting the plane land, but why should I put my plans off. I could just open a big tear and let the whole plane in the wilderness. But that sounded like a real shit-heel thing to do, so I put a pin in it.

 

Having a plan was great. I browsed the exorcist’s books but found nothing really magic related. Mittelt had a few books on fallen angel magic but converting my mana into light energy wasn’t that instinctual. Making a weapon out of light seemed a little out of reach until I found a workaround.

 

I tossed them in my backpack of holding and continued searching for any treasure. “Did you think you could get away, shitty devil?” I saw a man with white hair and red eyes behind me. He swung a blue longsword with almost enough curve to the blade to be a saber. The man’s speed increased from human to trash levels.

 

Unfortunately for him, I had fodder-level speed. I held back just like I had against Dohnaseek for my first punch. I felt bones break against my knuckles, and the man slashed upward. I blocked it with my gantlet, and it cut into my barrier. The blade stopped against my gantlet, spitting golden sparks from the blade’s edge, meeting the steel of a rare drop.

 

I pulled my fist back to see Freed’s ruined face. Freed’s nose was broken, his eye sockets cracked, and some teeth fell out of his mouth. Dohnaseek must be a little stronger than trash; he must be trash+ to handle my weakest punch.

 

“That’s the difference between trash like you and fodder like me,” I said.

 

I flicked him with barely any strength, and his head snapped back. The sword fell out of his hand and clattered to the floor. One of the Excaliburs fell into my hand. My luck was pretty good.

 

The weapon felt good in my hand. At first, it tried to zap me, but a little forceful ki therapy stopped that cold. Best of all, I felt my ki move through it easily. While it only increased speed, it was an effective force multiplier.

 

 

Kuoh Town

Warehouses

 

A dark presence caught my attention, and I decided to check it out. It was a devil-eating, poor high school girl. I opened a big tear and tossed her in some of the further reaches of floor 1 where gravity was over 10x higher. Maybe I wanted to see what would happen or felt sorry for her.

 

From what I remembered from my shaky, at best, DXD lore, she killed her master and became a stray. Where I sent her was a death sentence. If she survived, then she deserved to live. Shifting gravity made the weather do some scary shit. The high-gravity area had snap freezes, spontaneous infernos, and roaming twisters. It was the final test for any adventurer who wanted to be overly prepared for the second floor.

 

Honestly, outright banishing enemies from play was an awesome power. I was just cracking the surface of what Dimensional Burst could do. Tera wasn’t the type to overly describe her abilities. She was very different from my first dungeon.

 

I thought about taking off my helmet but didn’t touch the straps. Enemy territory wasn’t the place to remove my helmet.

 

The warehouse door disintegrated under crimson light as a redhead in a cute schoolgirl uniform strolled inside. Flanked by a black-haired girl with electricity sparking off her fingers, a blond pretty boy with a sword, and the white-haired girl from the school.

 

The blond’s eyes narrow into pinpricks the second he sees Excalibur rapidly. I sighed and tossed it in my backpack.

 

“No Kiba,” Rias said.

 

While she said it, the white-haired girl was the one who stopped him.

 

“This is Devil territory; what are you doing trespassing here.”

 

“No, it isn’t; the Earth belongs to humans, or are you talking about this warehouse in particular. I’m not up to date with real-estate laws.” I said.

 

“Let me chase before you try to waste more of my time. I'll disintegrate you if you don’t tell me what you did with the humans you kidnapped.” A red orb of destruction energy appeared above Rias’s palm. I whistled at the demonstration. “Take me seriously,” Rias said.  

 

“Are you with the church?” Akeno asked.

 

“No, I just found the sword,” I said.

 

“How can you wield a holy sword?” Kiba demanded.

 

“Kiba, this isn’t the time we need to find out what faction he belongs to,” Rias said.

 

“None. I’m completely unaffiliated.” Akeno blasted me with lightning the moment those words left my mouth. The lightning struck my ki barrier and slipped right on through. My eyes widened as I shook momentarily and watched my health bar tick down slowly. 5 HP vanished from a single blast. I only had around 700 left. It could take seconds for my HP to recover. I felt my muscles lock up and loosen after easing my ki through them. There was always room for more training. I couldn’t surpass the Earth before I conquered all her biospheres. “Ufufu, wearing so much metal wasn’t a good idea.”

 

“Come with us quietly, or Akeno will strike you again.”

 

I nodded and shifted my barrier, trying to remember how it felt. “Go ahead, I’m ready, mistress; try to make me feel it this time.”

 

“Ufufu, it seems we’ve found a dirty boy. What if your mistress says you must come with me before we can continue playing?”

 

I instantly crossed the distance and grabbed a firm handful of Akeno’s generous ass. Her breath hitched, and clearly, she wasn’t ready. Kiba escaped Akeno’s hold, and I moved, kicked his leg out from under him, twisted his wrist to make him let go of his sword, and tossed it across the warehouse, and I took him in a sleeper hold. Even devils needed blood flow to their brains.

 

The others were frozen as Kiba lost consciousness. Once he was knocked out, I released him, and he fell like a sack of taters.

 

“Sorry about that, but he didn’t seem to be in his right mind anyway.”

 

“You’re able to use Excalibur rapidly without touching it,” Rias said.

 

I rolled my eyes. It seemed Rias saw me as a potential prospect instead of an enemy. Then again, I went for a non-lethal with her knight. Maybe that earned me some brownie points.    

 

“No, I’m naturally that fast,” I said.

 

“Let's hope not,” Akeno said.

 

“I’m putting out fires and need your help; stop playing and return home,” Tera said.

 

I sighed and gave team Gremory a forlorn look. Rias was a tall, slender girl with big titties and silky red hair, and she rocked a school uniform. Akeno was a bust bombshell full of teasing, and Koneko would be the perfect body pillow. Rias puffed up her breasts, reveling in the attention.

 

Another sigh left me. “Sorry, I need to leave something came up. I’ll meet you at your school tomorrow after it lets out for the day.” That would give me two days to settle the people in.

 

Rias moved too late, and I started fading into the other dimension. Her power of destruction flew through me as I stepped into the dungeon. Obito, eat your heart out; your technique was viable.

 

 

Dragon World

Age 778 Future timeline

Dungeon

 

I stepped into the cabin, and fighting ceased as the eyes of my captured turned to me.

 

“You let us out of here, or you’ll be sorry.” Issei Hyoudou said.

 

“If you want out, all you have to do is go out and fight some beasts. Earn 100SP, and you can come and go as you please.” I said.

 

I scanned the shop and found a few books on alchemy that weren’t there before. The shop was upgrading all the time. Even the cabin had upgradable options.

 

“So, we just need to earn SP to get out. You aren’t lying.”

 

“Matsuda, I have 5 already. We need to pool our SP together so someone can get out and tell our parents where we are.” Issei said.

 

“Good idea, bring more people here to join if you can. Have you checked your stats yet? I don’t see any equipment on any of you. Did you sell it all for SP?” I asked.

 

“Wait, did someone kidnap you too?” Issei asked.

 

“Uh huh, try and get your endurance up if you can; that will help you stay out longer; trust me, it’s the best stat to focus on early. Also, you can pay SP to upgrade the cabin and make it more livable. I’ll go ahead and make an account; oh, and don’t worry about going missing too much. It's two days in here for everyone outside. Welcome to the dungeon. My name is Vincent Hawk. Don’t forget to tell your friends about this place. The more, the merrier. We should upgrade the place soon. If you’re feeling really frisky, it's also possible to build your own base deeper in the dungeon; you can even charge people to stay there like an inn.” I said.

 

“So this is like a game, only real life. When we leave, can we take these stats with us?”

 

“Yea, every single one and your equipment. I’m not saying you’re lucky that this happened to you, but you could become incredibly powerful here. Anyone that shows promise, I tell you what. I’ll take you to the other world where the dungeon rests and teach you how to fly. If you don’t show promise, flying lessons start at 1000SP; buy early, or you’ll miss out.” I said.

 

I floated up to the cabin's second floor, where the fallen looked down at the humans. Then I froze for a second. “In a few days, we are opening a hospital for any injured, so don’t be afraid to leave the cabin and do your best. If you need weapons and armor, I’ll loan you a starter set for only 50% of your SP earnings. That’s right, get powerful equipment early for the low price of 50% of your earnings for the first 6 months in this place.”

 

Issie raised his hands immediately. “I want that deal.”

 

“Oh, and if I see anyone but who I paid in my armor, there will be penalties,” I said.

 

“I’m already on it; contracts made here will be binding. Written penalties will apply, and the contract breaker will have bad luck and SP loss.” Tera said.

 

That made me shiver; bad luck in dungeons was a killer.

 

“Please let my daughter out of here. I don’t care what it takes; just let her go.” The man who ran into me said.

 

“Take my deal and earn for enough SP to free her,” I said.

 

“Yes, I’ll do anything.” The man said.

I pulled a full set of armor from my backpack and a rare spear. Then because I was a nice guy, I included a small box of healing pills.

 

“Take one of these if you’re seriously injured. These are a gift, and I don’t have a way to replace them. So, use them wisely.” I said.

 

The second he agreed, I felt the contract activate. A sense of impending doom fell over me until I gave the man everything I had promised.

 

I returned to the second floor and relaxed. Raynare gave me a dirty look, and Dohnaseek was missing.

 

“You didn’t tell us the only way to earn SP is the fuck the furies after beating them. Did you invite us to this venture because you didn’t want to fuck them either?” Mittelt said.

 

“I don’t mind the furies, but I would love some fallen angel pussy.” I slapped the fallen gothic Lolita’s ass as I led the girls to my room on the second floor. The cabin had little room yet, but I had my room.

 

“Who cares what the humans have to do to get SP? We’re the ones who will profit?” Raynare said.

 

“The account I just made isn’t for us; it's to buy upgrades to the cabin. There are upgrades to facilities like a medical branch for the building. We can make open-ended contracts for Asia to heal anyone for a fee. So long as Asia holds up her end, they will be forced to hold theirs. It’s how this place works. We can also open facilities like gyms to better train stats and theatres for entertainment.” I said.

 

I popped off my codpiece, and the girls stared. Stats did more than make me stronger, smarter, and more believable.

 

“Let’s fuck.” I said.  

 

Check Out Death World Menagerie Nightmare

2