Chapter 6 – flashes of memory
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The seven moon gave light to a forest near the mountain of Lin Dong, the sound of silent echoed throughout yet the sound of brunch breaking, Rustling and footsteps had interrupt the melody of stillness.

A person was walking side to side as if drunk, it tried its best to keep its balance but failed. The person kept walking with no direction, its head desperately looks in all direction and run quickly as it heard something.

“Over here my child.” Said a whisper, the owner voice was nowhere to be seen but the source of it could be heard.

“Arg! W-where are you!” the person shouted as it grasp it head tightly, feeling the excruciating pain that no one would be able to bear.

The person continue aimlessly as it kept following the source of voice. The person was drenched in sweat as it continue to run, trying to find voice.

What's happening? Why am I so desperate? Ain't the examination tomorrow? Wait what am I talking about? I need to find it! The person, Sheng jian, his thoughts chaotic spur, constantly changing into different thing but always result in telling himself to find “it”.

He ran through the tree branches without care, his body was cover with dirt and mud as he sometime fell into pit hole. Sound of clothe ripping as his clothe caught by branches yet this did not stop him.

Before this all of this happened we must go a couple of hours ago.

(Sheng jian POV)

As I saw father shut the door, I began to recall my past just to make myself dose off. I remember being adopted by heavenly dragon family when five years old and that was ten years ago.

They told me that I was rescued in a crumbling cave with no clothing or memory that would be able to tell my origin. My father told that when I was young I had profound way of thinking and always help him gain insight into things.

Time has pass and it seem that my profound way of thinking dwindle and vanish though I still sometimes have questions that help people gain insight but they were rare.

It's funny how I change, I wonder how's zhang lin and zhang wei doing? Zhang lin and Zhang wei was the first few I became close with when I was adopted into heavenly dragon family.

I was alone and afraid of everything that was going on when I arrive here but when zhang wei and zhang lin approached me and said the word that I will never remember.

“Hello I'm zhang lin and this my big brother zhang wei were from red jade family. Why are you all alone here?”

I vaguely remember that I remain silent but zhang lin hold my hand and said.

“Then wanna be friends!?” as she gave me a big smile that I will never forget. I was outcast but they were willing to accept me and because of them I was able to interact with more people, eventually accepted by them.

Hehe I really own them for that. I felt a sort of warmth inside my heart as my mind began to drift away. I felt my body became heavy and my eye slowly shut.

Now I only see is an eternal abyss and nothing else, as I wait for a dream to come I felt something was off. I felt as though my body was floating in a vast sea of water being washed away by the waves.

I tried moving my body but I felt as though my body was being shackled by a highly viscous water yet It was though It could be easily broken, the problem was my body refused to move as I wanted to, the only thing I could move is my eyes.

A sense of nostalgia had occupied my mind as if i have been in this viscous black sea.

Looking around I saw another but the empty void, I felt helpless I couldn't do anything. I waited for minutes, then hour, then days and until I did not know how long I was in this empty space but gotten a feeling that something is coming.

After a almost millions of years of floating in this black sea I finaly saw something new, A crystal orb and inside is a black and white thing that kept moving as though a live. Slowly I regain my senses then I got up, I was floating, though….its more like standing on an invisible floor.

“Where am I? How long was I floating in this places?” I had so many question but suddenly I once again look at the crystal orb, I heard a small whisper calling me to it.

I began to reach out and I felt a excruciating pain, the feeling of flesh being ripped, eyes being gouge out. It was a pulsating pain that hit me like waves...no like a tsunami of gruesome pain.

Even with the gruesome sensation I kept reaching out at the crystal orb then suddenly the energy burst out. It began to coil around me like giant serpent then it immediately shot at my dantian, I felt more intense pain as the energy force itself to enter inside my body.

If this was the real world I would have fainted immediately but thankfully it isn't and I mange to keep myself alive.

After the terrifying energy enter my body, I began to hear gentle voice that soothes my consciousness.

“Come here my child.” The voice that sound so familiar suddenly echoed throughout the empty abyss.

Out of nowhere a blinding light suddenly shone inside my body then the next moment I saw the ceiling of my room.

I was grasping for air and drenched in wet as though I taking a bath. I slowly get up while holding my head as I still felt dizzy.

“What the he-" before I could finish my word I suddenly hear the whisper once again but this time my body move on its on.

“Where are you!!!” My mouth move on its on as my body quickly try to find the voice. I quickly open my door then run as fast I could. It was night and everyone was asleep so I didn't hit anyone on the way.

Finally I saw the first wall gate our mansion, as I approached and tried to open it but I wasn't able to. I quickly try to way out, I run all around and after a half an hour of running I wasn't able to find anything.

Running out of option my body suddenly ready itself to jump, the wall gate was pretty tall around 5 meters and its hard to jump that high without being a earth body realm, yet with a terrifying force with no sound I was able to jump over the wall.

After landing without rest I continue to run doing the same thing in the second wall. I look around and heard the voice coming from the forest of the lin dong mountains.

I run and run until I wasn't able to tell where I came from, my mind was so fixated at small whisper.

“Come here my child.” After five hours of running my body came to a stop as heard voice have disappear.

What I heard was the whistling wind and the music of insect, the melody of silent have made the time to a halt.

Slowly I felt that I was beginning to regain my body from whatever happened earlier. I look up and saw dark cloud slowly merging, it began to create a storm that produced pure white lightning.

With a loud boom my body was truck by the white lighting, I screamed until my lungs was out of air as I was experiencing my flesh being torn apart.

Death. The word suddenly echoed inside my head. Will I die!? Am I going to die!? No there are many thing I need to do!? I have to…. As my finale thought ran inside my head, memory flash before my eyes and what I saw wasn't the memory where I spend in high cloud city.

I saw a child that looks exactly like me but was lot younger around five years old beside him was woman that looks so beautiful that any men and women ogle about.

I felt I sense of longing when I saw this sweet memory before I about to die then suddenly dread enveloped me as I saw a memory of the woman running from something or someone as she tried to convince her child to run.

“Run Luna!” she shouted as she look back facing their pursuers as the child which look slightly older, tears was running on his face as he run as fast he could.

Do..Don't Suddenly I noticed that the pain have began to subside and the pure white lightning begin to spread throughout my body as it began to enter my dantian.

“DON'T LEAVE ME!” my scream and the child suddenly sync as golden vein began to pop through my body as I absorb the pure whit lightning.

With a loud boom I was enveloped with a blinding light, I couldn't help but shield my eyes. After the light have subsided I suddenly open my eyes wide as saw that I was laying in another place, A forest with tall lushes tree.

I couldn't remember anything as I just remember a blinding light have enveloped me and that’s it.

I slowly arise and look around just to endless tree in the horizon. Suddenly I felt my face was a little cold just to realize that I was crying.

“why am I cry-URGHH!!!” another excruciating pain swept my mind, after a few minute of agonizing pain, it suddenly disappeared as if nothing happened.

My heart throbbed violent as I finally regain a memory. My lips rose into a smile and I look up in the sky.

“I remember now..Who I am!!”

“I am Luna Nawa!!!”

0