Chapter 29
85 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the week went fairly uneventfully. Aise spoke to the various parties and did some planning. He spoke to new allies as they showed up. He met with Draco and arranged for a few of the dragons to head out and capture a handful of beasts - they returned and Aise made deals with the few that were willing, killing the rest.

Aise walked through the streets, admiring how busy they had become with trade and commerce from the nearby war camps. As he made his way through the streets, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Gharol.

"Orcs nearby. Ready on command."

Aise nodded, "Thank you, Gharol. We'll be ready to head out at first light."

"Understood," Gharol turned and strode away.

Aise watched her go before making his way toward his house.

He saw Chalia sitting on a crate, apparently waiting for him.

"Hey, Chalia. Anything I can do for you?"

She sighed and stood, "Listen, Aise... I don't really know how to say this, but... Well..."

He stood patiently as she fidgeted before she took a deep breath and looked him over, "You look good. Like a king in peasant's clothes."

He grinned, "Are you just here to insult me?"

She shook her head, "Not at all... Y'see, We elves see time and age differently. We look less at age and more at maturity, because we live so long. And I was wondering... You've grown into a fine man these last four years. And I know I said I wouldn't be part of your harem, but... If we survive, would you accept me into it...?"

Aise cocked an eyebrow at her, "I thought elves would rather die than join a human's harem?"

She gave him a coy grin, "Well, yes. But you aren't a human. You're a dragonling. You'll outlive the humans in your harem. I figured you might like some longer-lasting company."

Aise stepped forward, his grin growing, "Why don't you show me what you're offering me and I'll let you know."

She bit her lip and looked him over, "How about you show me what I'm getting?"

Aise grinned and grabbed her by the hips, pulling her close and pressing his lips to hers.

She melted into his grip and her hands worked their way up to his neck, before sliding into his hair and pulling him deeper into the kiss.

Aise's hands ran down to her ass and squeezed. She gasped into his kiss as she pressed further into him.

He pulled back and smirked playfully, "You're over three hundred, but your ass is as firm as any twenty-year-old."

She raised her eyebrow as she grinned, "I'm still in my prime."

He leaned in and kissed her neck as she threw her head back and moaned. He pulled back slightly and whispered into her ear, "Old lady."

She gripped his shirt and pulled him towards the door, "Impudent brat."

He pressed her against the door and kissed her again, "Once this is done, we can see about you joining the harem. Provided the others agree."

She nodded as her golden eyes met his, "I like you, Aise. I'd go so far as to say I love you. We've spent four years together which is nothing to me, but... With you, time seems to halt and race at the same time."

Aise smiled, "I have that effect on people." He pulled away and opened the door, "After you, m'lady."

She grinned and pulled him through the door behind her.

***

Aise woke the next morning as Etru stepped into his room. He glanced out the window and saw the sun wasn't yet peeking over the horizon. He pulled himself away from Chalia, who groaned at the sudden absence of her personal heater.

Aise woke everyone, then stepped out as they each got ready.

Etru followed behind him, "Spend the night with the elf, did you?"

Aise glanced over his shoulder, "Nothing happened. At this point, I'm nervous as all hell. The raids on the forts were one thing, but this... This is full-on war, Etru. I honestly don't think I could've gotten hard last night if I wanted to. But having her and the rest of my harem there helped keep me present so I at least got some sleep."

Etru chuckled, "You've had your first taste of blood already. What's got your nerve going now?"

Aise stopped in the hallway and looked back at her, as his parents - Kelleece and Cerrei stepped out of their room, flanked by Loralei. All three were dressed for battle.

He sighed, "This is it. This is the battle where everything goes right. Or it goes horribly wrong. If we fail here, we all die."

Etru smacked him, "Stop it. Your plan is sound. You know everything you can and you've got support from humans, dragons, dragonkin, and even Beasts, Aise. The world hasn't seen an army like yours since the days of Lord Draconis. You're an excellent commander. We might lose a few soldiers, but we won't lose the battle."

Aise shook his head, "And that's just it, Etru! I don't want to lose anyone!"

Kelleece stepped forward, "Stop, Aise. Etru is right. You're the commander everyone needs. You ARE the change this country needs. But if you're not ready to lose a single soldier, you will lose the battle. You need to be ready to make sacrifices in order to secure victory. I'm not saying let an entire battalion be wiped out, but accept that individual losses will be inevitable. Such is battle. I'm ready to die for this cause. As is Cerrei and Loralei."Aise took a deep breath and nodded, "I know. Everyone is. But this... I'm terrified. I'm honestly more scared of winning. How do I build a country? How do I-"

Cerrei stepped forward, "Don't overwhelm yourself. Focus on what you can do right now. Lead your troops to victory, Aise. Loralei and I will be by your side. As will every Dragon and their kin. You've got this, my son."

Aise looked between the three of them as Laz, Sey, Traza, and Chalia stepped out and joined them. He turned and stepped outside to see the entire village had turned out. They parted as he walked towards the gate, flanked by his personal support.

He left the gate and found everyone gathered in a loose formation. He shifted, growing armor and wings, a tail, and claws. He lifted until he could see and be seen by the full army. He raised his voice to address everyone present.

"This is it! Today is the day! Ground troops, you'll take two formations! Your leaders have your orders, but the basic overview is this: Half of you will attack from the lake, led by Prisoph the drake. The other half will surround the front. I won't lie, your jobs will be the most dangerous by far. When I give the order, retreat! The dragons will tear down the castle exactly thirty minutes after! Get clear or you will die with the enemy!"

"Beasts! As per our deal, you will be let loose within the city. Hunt and kill to your heart's content. Focus on nobility, however, and you'll be rewarded after! Any caught killing commoners for fun will be themselves executed!"

"Aerial squads! You'll carry the ground troops to deployment, then reconvene above the lake! Assault the castle and assist the ground troops! When you see my signal, TEAR DOWN THE FUCKING CITY!"

As he finished, the army erupted into excited roars and cries for bloodshed. He lowered and turned to his personal entourage.

He turned to Laz, Sey, Traza, and Chalia, "You lot are together. Watch each other. Don't die. Traza, focus on healing. Stay near the back. The rest of you, keep her alive."

He turned to Cerrei and Kelleece, "Momma Cerrei, you'll be with me and Loralei. We'll be in half forms to match you. Kelleece, You'll have to be with the ground troops. We can't afford riders during the battle."

Aise felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see a young man with brown hair, standing before a slim, violet dragoness with sparkling wings, horns, claws, and tail.

"Aise, right? I'm Hamen and this is Rukka. We're from Cheecia. Well, we're deserters now, I suppose. I'm a fair shot from dragon back if you don't mind one rider."

Rukka slapped his arm playfully, "Now's not the time to be modest, love. Admit the truth."

Hamen sighed, "Fine. I never miss."

Rukka nodded, "And my saliva can heal. Celestial dragon and all. Would you mind terribly if we stayed with you to pick your brain about a few things? I was hatched around humans, so I know next to nothing about our kind."

Aise nodded, "Fly by me. Hamen, Ride Loralei. She's a soldier as well, so she should be able to steady and give you a good shot."

Hamen smiled and looked to the blonde woman in white armor, "Sounds good. But... How am I to fit on her?"

She sighed and stepped forward, "I'm a dragonling like Aise here. A half-dragon. I can switch between human, half, and full dragon forms. This form with the wings that looks like Rukka there is the half."

Hamen grinned, "Sounds good. So, when do we leave?"

3