BOOK 2 – CHAPTER 6 – MEETING WITH THE ELDERS
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 6 - MEETING WITH THE ELDERS

The group had reached a waiting room to meet with the elders. Qin was at a loss for words as she punched Yin.

“What was that for?” He asked. 

“You tell me that you were alive, bit didn't mention anything about our parents being part of the elder counsel?” She yelled poking at him.

Qin's emotional state was getting overwhelming for the others that she didn't notice her scales began to change colors.

“Uh, Qin your doing it again.” Yin said as he turned his gaze away. 

The guards were on edge and tried to approach. 

“Everything is fine.” Yin told the guards.

“If you excuse me. I need to have a serious chat with you lot while my sister calms down.”

Yin motioned the guards to follow him out of the room into an adjacent room.

“I wonder what that was all about.” Johnny whispered to Julia.

Qin finally calmed down. She changed her scale color back to red.

The others asked if she was alright.

“I haven't done that since I was very young. You see when I was born my skin color was purple. My mother was red, while my father was blue. My parents were ashamed of having me since dragonoids shouldn't mix breeds. Offspring tend to have problems or issues as they grow. I was one of the lucky few.”

“Anyways, as I grew older I developed an ability to change my skin tone. It took a lot of concentration and convincing my parents I could control it. To help cover for a backstory. I was told to use the story that I was adopted.” Qin let out a sigh to the others as she sat in discomfort. Everyone was silent for a while taking in Qin's story. 

The others came to comfort her in her time of need. Qin eventually got her composure back.

“I believe my brother is making them not tell a word about what had happened. Knowing my parents were alive must have triggered the shift in my emotions.”

Sometime passed before Yin came back.

“I am terribly sorry about that.” He said.

“It is fine Yin. I went ahead and told them of my problem.” Qin replied.

Yin stayed silent for a bit before speaking again.

“Very well i'll have to make sure you try to control that Qin. We don't want the others to use us against the council. Even though the elders on the council know, there are others who would still use it as an opportunity.”

Qin sighed as Yin had everyone leave to meet with the elders.

The elders' chambers had the name of the five elders who ran the settlement written on a door in front. The door was polished with red and black obsidian. It was so smooth one could see their reflection.

Johnny and his group followed Qin and Yin into the elder’s chamber. Sitting in the middle of the room were 5 dragonoids of different colors of red, green, blue, white, and black.

The five were discussing things when they noticed Johnny and his group. 

“I have brought our guests at your request.” Yin said.

“Before I speak to our guests. Is the area under a silence protocol?” Asked the red dragoniod.

“Yes, it is my lady.” Yin said to the red dragonoid.

The woman changed her voice from cautious to heartwarming in a split second as she dashed from her seat. She tackled Qin in a hug. It caught everyone off guard. Qin almost lost control of her skin color again.

“Oh, Qin I thought we had lost you that fateful day. I'll make sure to never leave you behind.” Qin’s mom was crying as she continued to hug her.

Someone coughed and everyone looked to see the blue dragoniod speak.

“Yes, I'm glad you are alive Qin, but we can catch up later tonight. We have more serious things to deal with. Like, why are they here?”

Qin was quick to tell her story. She first spoke about why they had come. Her and the others were fighting an evil entity known as the loathing one. She next explained how the corruption worked and why it needed to ve stopped.

Qin next told how things didnt end up going as planned. They had come to set up a temporary beacon for the alliance. When they were all attacked by an airship with mantis Luke rift eaters.

The elders looked on with there faces becoming more concerned as she went.

Qin finally finished her story when the blue dragonoid spoke up.

“So this alliance you work for has found some disturbance on our planet. You were hoping to set up a temporary base before you could make it more permanent when you had more allies to support your cause?”

“Yes, we were lucky Yin showed up when he did. Otherwise, I think we'd all be dead.” Qin spoke with a shutter.

“Spunds like the work of the Palasco faction. They have always been a thorn in our sides.” The white dragonoid side with a grunt after speaking.

“We don't need their help.” Somspeaking. spoke up. Everyone looked to see the green dragonoid with a bored expression on there face.

“We can handle this ourselves.”

“What are you talking about? My daughter is Alice and has even brought help to deal with it.” Qin’s mom spoke up with protest.

“Time is short for this meeting. It is time we did a counsel vote.”

Everyone began to get restless as the black dragonoid held up there hand for everyone to stop speaking.

“When everyone joined the counsel they took an path that a majority vote was the way. So we will settle this now.”

“Those who agree?” Both of Qin's parents raised their hands.

Everyone from the alliance was now on edge. They only had 2 votes for support. The other three were voting no to them.

“Those who disagree?” Spoke the black dragonoid again. The green and white dragoniods raised their hands.

Everyone was now confused with the 2 for 2 vote.

“Those who are unsure?” The black dragonoid raised their hand.

This got everyone even more confused.

“Well since we have a deadlock tie. According to the written laws. If there is an undecided verdict. The undecided part can choice a task to either get acceptance or denial from the counsel. The opposing party can set there restrictions for what is chosen, while the approving party can put together help.”

Everyone started to break out into arguing. The black dragonoid let out a defeating roar to silence everyone.

“If no one will agree on the matter then we will have to use protocol one. I don't want to use that, now do I?” The black dragonoid looked at everyone. All the elders were silent after that.

“Since I am the undecided party. I'll choose the task. Qin’s group and supporters will track down where that airship had come from and report back.”

“Now then, the opposing faction can put their input for what needs to be done or added. Remember it can not be too harsh.” The black dragonoid said, looking at the green and white ones.

The green dragonoid was the first to speak. “They will only be allowed to have four members of the group for their mission.” He grumbled as he finished crossing his arms.

“I have no restrictions on what they need. I just think we can handle our selves from outside help.” The white dragonoid spoke shrugging her shoulders.

“Now the approving party can add input. The requests can not be to good.” The black dragonoid spoke as he looked at Qin’s parents.

“I will allow them to use what they have and whatever they need within reason.” Qin’s mother said.

“They can take Yin and five of my best elites.” Qin’s father spoke.

Everyone wanted to complain but got a death glare from the black dragonoid as he stared around the room.

“Well, if that is it. This counsel meeting is done. Yin will help you get what uoy need.”

Johnny’s group left outside the door as they planned there next move.

0