BOOK 2 – CHAPTER 7 – PREPERATIONS/ MAKING REPAIRS
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 7 - PREPARATIONS/MAKING REPAIRS.

Right as they left the elder’s chamber. The group began to argued on who should go since only four of them would be allowed.

“So, only four of us can leave to do this mission.”

Before long everyone came to an agreement on the matter. It was decided that Johnny and Margaret would stay behind.

Johnny wanted to protest along with Margaret on the matter.

“Look I know you want to join this one Johnny and Margaret, but if you think about the four of us going and you two staying makes since.” Julia said with some frustration in her voice. She wanted them to join to but were up against the conusels vote.

“Besides, Johnny I don't think that pile of scrap is going anywhere unless you fix it anyways.” Julia pointed towards the wrecked body of the prototype.

“She's got you on that one Johnny.” Margaret grunted at Julia.

“I need the strongest of us to stay behind to watch over him.” Julia said as she looked at Margaret.

“Well if I'm staying behind you might need these Qin.” Margaret said as she pulled out handfuls of daggers from her wings. She quickly turned them into summoning orbs for Qin for extra use.

Qin thanked her.

Julia looked back at the two before sighing. They left the two to fix the prototype.

—--------------

Julia, Qin, Lisa, and Cleo met back up with Yin for the quest. Along with five of the blue elder's best elites.

“So how is this going to work.” Qin asked her brother Yin.

“Our first step is to go to the wreckage site. There we will have to find traces of aether from the airships engine. Once we get a trail we should be able to locate where we need to go.” Yin said as if he answered the question a thousand times.

“Honesty, that seems too easy. There's gotta be more involved.” Julia spoke up.

“There is. We just must be careful when tracking back the location of an airship. This one might pose a problem to you guys. This is an elite class airship we took down. Meaning it had come from a larger settlement somewhere.” Yin spoke again as if this seemed to be norm.

“Knowing that fact we might run into many patrol flights of the Pesesco faction. Let's just hope we don't run into any more problematic.” Yin finished the mission details. 

He had them all gather into the cavern where they arrived. They grabbed everything they needed for the mission along the way, including provisions and survival gear. 

Julia made a quick stop to see Johnny before they left. He was fast at work with the prototype. She asked him if he could make her dozens of radiant weapons. 

One of the portal mages guards came over while Julia waited for the weapons. He thanked her for all that she had done for them and the alliance. She nodded in responce as the man left back to the portal mage.

Johnny had Albert quickly put him together around forty in total so each of them had a spare backup pair. Julia thanked him and rejoined the others as they prepared to depart. 

The elites called forth their cybernetic summons. Qin called her summons for Cleo, Lisa, and Julia to ride. 

Yin had everyone form up as they took off out of the cavern.

—-----------

Johnny watched the others leave the elder’s chamber to prepare for there mission. He was only left with Margaret to guard him.

 The portal mage remained behind with her guards. Julia had instructed them to stay close to Johnny and Margaret while they were gone. 

Honestly, I couldn't do much to help with the state the prototype is in.

Johnny needed help finding his way back to the main cavern after the others left. They had to ask a guard to help them find their way. Everyone was giving the group a nervous stare as they walked past. Margaret was getting the most attention.

Margaret can definitely be intimidating for sure. Johnny thought as he looked at her sword wings.

They eventually made it back to the cavern where Johnny summoned Albert.

“I want to use the least amount of core essence to repair the prototype. For now it seems we are stuck here. Although, if we are attacked I would need to be able to get out of here fast. What do you recommend I do, Albert?” 

Albert took a while to respond.

“There are several options to choose from. One. You can turn the prototype into its default form. That would be the fastest and easiest repair method. Two. You can turn it into an existing model. Such as the humvee. It would take about half as long to change and fix. Or three you can go with the transport. It would take about a whole day to repair.”

Johnny stood thinking over his options. He decided to have Albert go with option two. Sure he could save essence with the default racecar, but it was only meant for one person. The transport vehicle would tale too long if they needed to flee. That only left the humvee as the best bet for fast escape.

He was about to make the change when Julia spoke up. “Hey Johnny, could you have Albert produce radiant weapons for us. I am afraid we might run into rift eaters along the way.”

“Sure, one second.” Johnny spoke as he looked to Albert for her request.

“Albert, can you make me forty radiant weapons please?” Johnny asked Albert who quickly made them in no time.

He quickly handed them over to Julia with a suprise on her face. 

“That was fast and thank you.” Julia said to Johnny with a smile.

Johnny just shrugged as she left. He got back to changing the prototype into the Humvee.

Johnny made the changes as he watched the others fly out of the cavern.

0