BOOK 2 – INTER;UDE 4 = A TRAITOR IN THE MIST
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

INTERLUDE 3 - A TRAITOR IN THE MIST

The night before inside the green dragoniod’s private chambers

“Yes, I was informed by one of the guards that one of their group members was tracked back here.” Said the green elder into a mirror.

“Good, I'll inform the captain right away. Although, I hear he is having problems currently. So do what you must until he get there.” A voice replied from the mirror that was rough and raspy.

The green elder had a smug look on his face. Soon very soon he would become the most powerful of the elders.

—------

After the elders meeting. Back at the green dragonoid's chambers.

“I was unable to turn the vote in my favor. They showed the captain's ability with his artifact. So now we are really in it deep.” The dragoniod elder spoke with a shaky voice as he looked at the mirror.

There was a long pause. Before the order voice spoke. “So be it. I just hope your new ally can do their job.”

The dragoniod elder was a little concerned. The damage to the starship cerberus had more damage than it appeared when they saw the view from Julia. 

He was going to need his new ally to help him thwart the alliance from completing their goal or he would be history.

The elder went back to the mirror to contact his ally. He had to wait for a few as the person needed to excuse themselves.

“What is it?” Spoke the other person. 

“I need you to sabotage their portal entrance to spawn out rift eaters. I'll leave you a core fragment in my chambers behind the mirror.” The elder spoke softly.

“I'll make an excuse somewhere to slip in and get it. To the loathing one's revival.” The ally said before cutting off.

—-----

Meanwhile back on the wrecked starship cerberus…

The ship's fires had finally been put out. The captain was fuming with rage still. The ship was able to be patched up the best his men could. Thr entire top section and interior hangars were wrecked. 

The gun mounts were almost all completely destroyed or immobilized. The total 34 guns, only ten guns were in working order. Four of ten guns were fully functional, these were the auxiliary side guns. Only the secondary shoot ranged guns on the stern worked. 

The crew was able to fix the ship’s list. Tge captain was thankful his ship wasn't in any danger of crashing. 

The captain was about to head to his quarters when the planets chosen called him. He wasn't in any mood to deal with this chosen right now. He honestly didn't have a say as the loathing one was supplying the captain.

He answered the call in a grumpy tone. “What is it? I'm busy fixing damage to my ship.”

“Don't be like that. I know you want revenge on the ones who attacked you.”

Replied the chosen.

“How can I? My griffins were all killed when they tried to fight her.” The captain replied.

“Well maybe this will encourage you. An ally at the dragoniod base put a tracking device on the attackers before they left. The trail can only be seen through void essence magic.” the chosen replied back.

The captain instantly brightened up at that. He quickly went back tontge bridge to enable the void magic detector to find the trail. He tracked where it had come from. The location was nestled inside the biggest mountain in the furnace peaks. 

The captain grinned with an evil smile as he made plans for an assault. He would hit them in a few days at night fast and hard.

0